Gohan007

Aug 4, 2017
Then I guess you're in the habit of calling law enforcement for violations of laws that you've just made up on the spot?
I'll tell ya a little secret: there is not even a disclaimer in ORS distro, that states Patreon as only official release channel.
And Patreon's stance on content distribution is murky at best, as was stated before.

Without clearly defined policy from Patreon and without official license or disclaimer from developer, calling sharing of content "piracy" is nothing more than personal opinion.
At this point I don't know if you lack moral values, respect for the creators whose works you enjoy, or if you're just thickheaded. You're a pirate and a thief, and there's no way around that. Your reasons are your own for doing what you do, and I care not about them, but it just boggles my mind why you refuse to acknowledge what you are and what you are doing.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Then I guess you're in the habit of calling law enforcement for violations of laws that you've just made up on the spot?
I'll tell ya a little secret: there is not even a disclaimer in ORS distro, that states Patreon as only official release channel.
And Patreon's stance on content distribution is murky at best, as was stated before.

Without clearly defined policy from Patreon and without official license or disclaimer from developer, calling sharing of content "piracy" is nothing more than personal opinion.
I think that when multiple people have explained why you are wrong you should at least doublecheck your information before repeating it. , it should at least clarify any misconceptions you have about what copyright is.

The dev is the author, so they own the copyrights. They give Patreon a license so that Patreon can distribute their work on their platform, most distribution platforms will have that in their terms of service so they can't be accused of violating the author's copyrights when they distribute the author's work. Patreon is a bit overbearing with how many copyrights they demand you license to them before hosting your content, those are listed in the "your creations" topic of page, there is nothing really "murky" about it, you license them a lot of your copyrights so it would be hard to sue them (although they do promise to limit their use of said licenses, for whatever that's worth).

So with ORS the entities that can distribute it are EvaKiss, as the owner of the copyrights, and Patreon, that has a license to the copyrights. You want to know what people call unlicensed distribution? Piracy.

You could keep arguing in very bad faith that maybe the copies distributed in this and other websites are actually licensed, that for some unimaginable reason, either EvaKiss or Patreon (their license is sublicensable) would license the free distribution of a product they are otherwise trying to sell at a price (or at least as an incentive for a paid subscription), and we just can't know for sure until EvaKiss sues those potentially unlicensed distributors (which we already pointed out she won't because the results would be ineffective and not worth the effort and money), but if that's the hill you wanna die on, I got nothing else to say.

Mar 7, 2020
At this point I don't know if you lack moral values, respect for the creators whose works you enjoy, or if you're just thickheaded. You're a pirate and a thief, and there's no way around that. Your reasons are your own for doing what you do, and I care not about them, but it just boggles my mind why you refuse to acknowledge what you are and what you are doing.
Ahoy there matey,
Yer pockets are empty
Yer coffers are damned,
With no reprimand.
And even the horny,
Old legal attorney,
Can't save you because,
No law there was.

Now, where is my parrot, pegleg and lockpicks?

So much for pointing out that content creators on Patreon reside in complete legal limbo and have exactly zero protection of their rights.

Luv the people throwing insults and accusations when presented with facts.

Brickman

May 26, 2017
This is a pirate site and we're all pirates. I'd say most Internet users are pirates one way or another. It's cool that we can enjoy artistic creations for free and from the comfort of our homes, the thing is, when you really enjoy some content, you want the creator to make more and you can afford to, support the artist. Not everybody can and we all have our priorities and can't support 100% of the artists we like, but lets not pretend they do their thing for free and we're charitable towards them by pledging.

Content is bound to be freely shared, but it would be cool if creators could benefit from that and get revenue for their work.Look at what Eva Kiss managed to do when she had some money to invest from GGGB into ORS. That proves that when a (good) artist gets paid, he produces better content for everyone to enjoy.

Mar 7, 2020
I think that when multiple people have explained why you are wrong you should at least doublecheck your information before repeating it. , it should at least clarify any misconceptions you have about what copyright is.

The dev is the author, so they own the copyrights. They give Patreon a license so that Patreon can distribute their work on their platform, most distribution platforms will have that in their terms of service so they can't be accused of violating the author's copyrights when they distribute the author's work. Patreon is a bit overbearing with how many copyrights they demand you license to them before hosting your content, those are listed in the "your creations" topic of page, there is nothing really "murky" about it, you license them a lot of your copyrights so it would be hard to sue them (although they do promise to limit their use of said licenses, for whatever that's worth).

So with ORS the entities that can distribute it are EvaKiss, as the owner of the copyrights, and Patreon, that has a license to the copyrights. You want to know what people call unlicensed distribution? Piracy.

You could keep arguing in very bad faith that maybe the copies distributed in this and other websites are actually licensed, that for some unimaginable reason, either EvaKiss or Patreon (their license is sublicensable) would license the free distribution of a product they are otherwise trying to sell at a price (or at least as an incentive for a paid subscription), and we just can't know for sure until EvaKiss sues those potentially unlicensed distributors (which we already pointed out she won't because the results would be ineffective and not worth the effort and money), but if that's the hill you wanna die on, I got nothing else to say.
I hope you do not have assault rifle. Because you've missed the point by a mile.
No one challenged developer's ownership / copyright. Issue is with Patreon content distribution policy, which proceeds in legally non-binging manner. There is a shy statement in their legal policy "Patrons may not use creations posted by creators in any way not authorized by the creator." dumping all responsibility on creators again. So, as soon as there will be EULA bundled with game archive, that clearly states that distributing game outside of Patreon if infringement of creator's rights, I'll agree that it will be an act of software piracy.

If you got nothing else to say as you last sentence states - good. That walls of text are hard on the eyes.

Alena

Apr 5, 2017
This is a pirate site and we're all pirates. I'd say most Internet users are pirates one way or another. It's cool that we can enjoy artistic creations for free and from the comfort of our homes, the thing is, when you really enjoy some content, you want the creator to make more and you can afford to, support the artist. Not everybody can and we all have our priorities and can't support 100% of the artists we like, but lets not pretend they do their thing for free and we're charitable towards them by pledging.

Content is bound to be freely shared, but it would be cool if creators could benefit from that and get revenue for their work.Look at what Eva Kiss managed to do when she had some money to invest from GGGB into ORS. That proves that when a (good) artist gets paid, he produces better content for everyone to enjoy.
I agree there is no way any creators can stop their work ultimately being shared on multiple sites. I think there is a somewhat sense of community here though and a number of people do end up supporting the artists, even after they acquired it for free here, just from loving the projects and wanting to see them continue. I do wonder though if her total amount of patreons would be more from the extra circulation and advertising from these types of sites, or lowered from people simply getting it for free and not becoming patreons to access it. Would they never even have heard of it in the first place if not for these sites? Who knows.

Also, you do see a lot of patreon spiels that mention that support for them will allow them to hire extra people to work on the projects. EvaKiss is one of the few, I believe, that actually has gone through with that and hired people to improve their work instead of just pocketing all the money for themselves.

scor099

Aug 6, 2018
Not even close. Essentially, Patreon grabs rights to freely use and distribute creator's content. That's it. Zero clarifications about responsibility of patrons or non-patrons for accessing and also distributing creator's content. And their FAQ, which is not part of official EULA, just tells creators to buzz off, and deal with any patrons suspected in sharing the content by themselves.
If you don't want to pay just don't pay but don't try to justify what we do here, it is piracy and if this site doesn't exist or any other piracy site for that matter the only way to play this game is legally and through patreon.

elysium1988

Sep 21, 2017
Ah you call can keep arguing about the copyrights of the game but can someone actually clear my confusion? The update release date is December 2nd right? so that means tomorrow or day after? Eva lives in Europe right?

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Ah you call can keep arguing about the copyrights of the game but can someone actually clear my confusion? The update release date is December 2nd right? so that means tomorrow or day after? Eva lives in Europe right?
Update day and time is for F95 pirates the day and time when someone posts a download link ;)
But you're right, she plans to release it on wednesday and she's from Europe. But there is no specific hour of the day scheduled.

Albaduldür

Aug 8, 2020
Update day and time is for F95 pirates the day and time when someone posts a download link ;)
But you're right, she plans to release it on wednesday and she's from Europe. But there is no specific hour of the day scheduled.
So, how long should we wait?
How long is the delay usually?

pmano

May 10, 2020
So 24 hours to go, I am expecting the update same time plus-minus 2 hours tomorrow based on Euro timings! Gotta hold my balls some more time! :LOL::LOL:

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
Hyped for this update, love this game. Easily one of my favourites..hope for some Cindy (best girl) focus!

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes