manscout

Jun 13, 2018
I'm the last person that would be too judgemental about anyone pirating games, but at least own up to it and your own circumstances instead of trying to use made-up reasons to get around your unethical behavior.

- Patreon is a platform that supports both a charity model and a crowdfunding model, ORS is the later as evidenced by the entire system of rewards for pledging support, most of the rewards being the newer versions of her games. Also just because you don't have to sign a contract with the developer to plegde support, it does not mean you somehow don't have to answer to copyright law. Having no explicit "distribution rights" doesn't mean you get to do whatever you want, it means you don't have the rights to distribute it. Most devs know that it is not worth the effort and money to pursue legal action, specially when the results of such legal action wouldn't even be able to effectively shutdown pirate distribution, but that doesn't in anyway revoke their rights or makes the pirate distribution somehow lawful and incontestable.

- The Dev's own words were that she would now be a fulltime adult game developer, other people have relayed that and they could probably screencap the post where she says it, does she also need to post all her finances and let you audit her before she deserves to get money for her work? From an ethical standpoint there is no discussion anyway, even if EvaKiss was a multi-millionaire she'd still have the right to control the distribution and the pricing of her own artistic products. If you want to morally justify to yourself that she doesn't need the money, that's your business, but she has stated that she has no other forms of stable income, trying to deny that is acting in bad faith.

- The game not having built-in paywalls doesn't make it a free game, the price is in the actual lawful distribution. You can acquire the newer versions of the game for free through illicit means, but this doesn't mean the dev wouldn't prefer you actually paid for her product. The dev is not "asking to be pirated".

I reserve moral judgements because like I said earlier, you can have your own circumstances for pirating the game just like anyone else in this forum, but don't go blaming the distribution platform (you could probably reach out to EvaKiss personally on the game's discord for another way of compensating her if you have such an issue with Patreon) or victim-blaming the dev for something that is your decision.

Brickman

May 26, 2017

Unlocked
Chapter 6 final sneak peek
Just a couple days left for Chapter 6 Alpha to be ready!
This is the design of the new character that will appear in this new chapter. Her name is Agnes and even though she looks like she could be Seymour's wife, she's not, but she has to do with him... In which way? You'll soon know. I like how her sprite came out, she looks like a female version of Seymour, and it makes me wonder if I would've made Mr. Ward a Ms. right from the start...
Also, a secret will be finally revealed in this next chapter. It's an idea I've been wanting to use for months, something I'm really excited about and that I think you guys will also love... I won't spoil anything, so you'll have to find out when you play it!

ALeakyWarthog

Oct 22, 2017

Unlocked
This is the design of the new character that will appear in this new chapter. Her name is Agnes and even though she looks like she could be Seymour's wife, she's not, but she has to do with him... In which way? You'll soon know. I like how her sprite came out, she looks like a female version of Seymour, and it makes me wonder if I would've made Mr. Ward a Ms. right from the start...
Also, a secret will be finally revealed in this next chapter. It's an idea I've been wanting to use for months, something I'm really excited about and that I think you guys will also love... I won't spoil anything, so you'll have to find out when you play it!
My guess about the secret is that the woman Axel was having an affair with was Ian's ex, just a guess though, I'm probably completely off, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: a-pollo

Reaurt

Nov 25, 2017

Unlocked
Lena's new... teacher? :sneaky:

Maybe we'll find out what...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
...in Chapter 5 Enhanced.

a-pollo

Mar 5, 2019

Unlocked

my guess: she runs a top level brothel for rich people with girls provided by Axl and Mr. Ward. She will try to corrupt even more both Lena and Cindy down the path.
Funny thing: I'm not even too much into the idea of a prostitution path but that's what she looks like to me.

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
my guess: she runs a top level brothel for rich people with girls provided by Axl and Mr. Ward. She will try to corrupt even more both Lena and Cindy down the path.
Funny thing: I'm not even too much into the idea of a prostitution path but that's what she looks like to me.
Though that sounds like an interesting idea to me, I'm not sure I believe that's the case. I think the simplest guess is that she's either a business partner of Seymour or a rival.

Mar 7, 2020
I'm the last person that would be too judgemental about anyone pirating games, but at least own up to it and your own circumstances instead of trying to use made-up reasons to get around your unethical behavior.

- Patreon is a platform that supports both a charity model and a crowdfunding model, ORS is the later as evidenced by the entire system of rewards for pledging support, most of the rewards being the newer versions of her games. Also just because you don't have to sign a contract with the developer to plegde support, it does not mean you somehow don't have to answer to copyright law. Having no explicit "distribution rights" doesn't mean you get to do whatever you want, it means you don't have the rights to distribute it. Most devs know that it is not worth the effort and money to pursue legal action, specially when the results of such legal action wouldn't even be able to effectively shutdown pirate distribution, but that doesn't in anyway revoke their rights or makes the pirate distribution somehow lawful and incontestable.

- The Dev's own words were that she would now be a fulltime adult game developer, other people have relayed that and they could probably screencap the post where she says it, does she also need to post all her finances and let you audit her before she deserves to get money for her work? From an ethical standpoint there is no discussion anyway, even if EvaKiss was a multi-millionaire she'd still have the right to control the distribution and the pricing of her own artistic products. If you want to morally justify to yourself that she doesn't need the money, that's your business, but she has stated that she has no other forms of stable income, trying to deny that is acting in bad faith.

- The game not having built-in paywalls doesn't make it a free game, the price is in the actual lawful distribution. You can acquire the newer versions of the game for free through illicit means, but this doesn't mean the dev wouldn't prefer you actually paid for her product. The dev is not "asking to be pirated".

I reserve moral judgements because like I said earlier, you can have your own circumstances for pirating the game just like anyone else in this forum, but don't go blaming the distribution platform (you could probably reach out to EvaKiss personally on the game's discord for another way of compensating her if you have such an issue with Patreon) or victim-blaming the dev for something that is your decision.
Simply for your information: ORS (as most of Patreon content) is not distributed under any kind of commercial license. Therefore, all claims of piracy are void and null.

portrapoodle

Jul 9, 2017
Whoa hold on bi-monthly as twice a month or once every two months cuz if the latter i guess imma gonna pull back my pledge on patreon (i guess it will be the shortest pledge i ever did i only pledge today lol) because i only like to support games that have monthly releases, oh well that's a shame if so, if anyone can give me some games names that are released monthly to try them out i would be very thankful:)
Out of interest, why pledge today, when you have to pay again tomorrow anyway?

portrapoodle

Jul 9, 2017
Well i played the game today i really loved it and saw that has pretty much monthly releases so i went and made a pledge for it and in december part 6 will come so for me now its not even a month :) so i don't mind the pledge today and tomorrow, but now i'm curious what bi-monthly means...
So I think bloodymares was trying to say that EvaKiss is working extremely hard, and even if she released one update every two months she would still be overworking. I don't think he means that EvaKiss is meaning to do that. Yes, bimonthly is ambiguous, but you can find the meaning through the context

a-pollo

Mar 5, 2019
Well i played the game today i really loved it and saw that has pretty much monthly releases so i went and made a pledge for it and in december part 6 will come so for me now its not even a month :) so i don't mind the pledge today and tomorrow, but now i'm curious what bi-monthly means...
branches are growing, so that means every future update will bring more and more content to handle, so that probably could be ok for most of the fans to wait a couple of months for updates that will offer double the content (so to speak) of a regular monthly update.

Last edited:

dobzzz

Feb 7, 2018
Mostly once every 2 months it's very hard to release a game every month twice

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
I think Ian ex gf will appear and it will be found out she is the GF of the DJ from the club I forgot his name, he said he as a GF. And we saw a ginger woman kissing someone whom looks like that DJ in first episode. Is so obvious imo.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes