Cicica

Jan 5, 2018
To me Ian is the weaker side of this game, his character is alright but having so many male protag. games on the "market" i just want to get into corrupting fem. protag which is lena in this case. :cool:
True dat. Although I love his part of the story, it is undeniably done very well, male protags are all over the place and I enjoy playing as the female more

qwertycoltan

Jun 2, 2018
I Have to admit, as of now i am disappointed with lena's side of the story because basically all of the male characters(baring Ian of course) are really unlikeable, most of them are either jerks or losers. I mean i'm not asking for bland nice guys, but most of the male characters feel pretty one note and boring to me. I'm not really interested in any lesbian content either, so i find that i don't enjoy Lena's side as much as i do Ian's side

• Angry
Reactions: leg28 and Solrane

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
In Evakiss' defense, the things I disliked in this update could have simply been due to her focusing more on the giant story branches (and forgetting about the smaller details). I mean, for a game at 0.6, the branching in this game so freaking huge that it would be impossible to manage every little detail at the current release schedule.

She also has left some room for keeping things more mature between Lena and some of the characters.

Still, I can't shake off the feeling that as the story expands more & more, she won't be able to do much about Lena's story shifting tones.
We're reaching a point where Eva Kiss might experience problems working (mostly) on her own. During GGGB's development it happened very late in the development process, but since ORS is a more ambitious project, I think the dev will have to hire additional help, change the update cycle to 2-3 months or at least somewhat scale down her plans for the project. Otherwise she must crunch it every time and ignore consequences from minor interactions, if she's serious about maintaining the current update speed. I mean, even the walkthrough is a bitch to write with all the choices after only six updates.

a-pollo

Mar 5, 2019
We're reaching a point where Eva Kiss might experience problems working (mostly) on her own. During GGGB's development it happened very late in the development process, but since ORS is a more ambitious project, I think the dev will have to hire additional help, change the update cycle to 3-4 months or at least somewhat scale down her plans for the project. Otherwise she must crunch it every time and ignore consequences from minor interactions, if she's serious about maintaining the current update speed. I mean, even the walkthrough is a bitch to write with all the choices after only six updates.
I agree. I guess somewhat down the road would be a smart idea unpacking Ian and Lena's updates releasaing one at the time, just to keep up a steady pace without delaying too much the updates.
That could be an hard choiche for a game driven by the strong bound of the two MCs but I can't see how to deal with it otherwise.

Reactions: leg28 and Arisushi

Cicica

Jan 5, 2018
I agree. I guess somewhat down the road would be a smart idea unpacking Ian and Lena's updates releasaing one at the time, just to keep up a steady pace without delaying too much the updates.
That could be an hard choiche for a game driven by the strong bound of the two MCs but I can't see how to deal with it otherwise.
Honestly I don't see how she could split the updates into the two stories, since they are complementary, rather than stand-alone. I don't have an issue with her delaying the time between updates, since the consistency is always there and we have to take into account that recently she had the surgery that delayed the progress more than anything, so I think that from now on everything should get back on track and updates should come faster.

a-pollo

Mar 5, 2019
Honestly I don't see how she could split the updates into the two stories, since they are complementary, rather than stand-alone. I don't have an issue with her delaying the time between updates, since the consistency is always there and we have to take into account that recently she had the surgery that delayed the progress more than anything, so I think that from now on everything should get back on track and updates should come faster.
I know, and I love that complementarity and consistency between them. I'm just trying to figure out how this growing world of charachters could be handled.

I don't think that's the right or the best way to handle it, maybe that's not even an option due to the workflow she has, but I won't be surprised to see, let's say, a 0.8.5 update between a v 0.8 and a v 0.9.

Reactions: Cicica

Cicica

Jan 5, 2018
I know, and I love that complementarity and consistency between them. I'm just trying to figure out how this growing world of charachters could be handled.

I don't think that's the right or the best way to handle it, maybe that's not even an option due to the workflow she has, but I won't be surprised to see, let's say, a 0.8.5 update between a v 0.8 and a v 0.9.
Yeah I see what you mean, and I got it since the beginning, but I think she'll take care of everything as she should. She knows best, I think and there is a lot of writing on her side, which basically directs the story and every element accordingly, from art, animations, all the way to the statistics. Speaking of those, I was kinda bummed by the statistics system at first, because it implied some form of grinding or consciousness about it, but since she implemented the cheat where you have all the stats maxed out I'm ok with it all of the sudden

Reactions: a-pollo

zOrg5

Jun 27, 2017
OMG!
Love every bit of this update.
Also it was interesting to observe my own levels of immersion at each particular moment.
From zero, like:
Ian: "It has to do with some guy?"
Cherry: "How did you know?"
Me: "Five wits, baby!"
To "Now I'm Seymour, do what I told you to do". I mean, somehow the photo shoot went exactly how I planned.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
We're reaching a point where Eva Kiss might experience problems working (mostly) on her own. During GGGB's development it happened very late in the development process, but since ORS is a more ambitious project, I think the dev will have to hire additional help, change the update cycle to 2-3 months or at least somewhat scale down her plans for the project. Otherwise she must crunch it every time and ignore consequences from minor interactions, if she's serious about maintaining the current update speed. I mean, even the walkthrough is a bitch to write with all the choices after only six updates.
Unless I'm completely imagining things, I remember reading she IS shifting to a bi-monthly cycle. So, it's safe to assume that she will be able to write a bit more freely again.

Still, you're right that the game is becoming too big for her to handle all by herself without making some compromises.

Then again, it wouldn't really be fair to expect her to invest more into the game, so I'll be happy with just her taking more time for each update.

I can't speak for others, but as someone who enjoys playing with both characters, I definitely would not mind if the updates shifted its focus between each lead alternatively. Especially, if it means Eva will have more time to focus on her writing.

Besides, ORS as it is right now is already using alternating POV anyway. (The overlapping of scenes has been removed ever since 0.2) So focusing on one MC per update, shouldn't really affect the story telling itself.

The real problem would be whether players who like just one lead will be okay with waiting twice as long to play their favorite character.

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The real problem would be whether players who like just one lead will be okay with waiting twice as long to play their favorite character.
If it means I could skip Ian's content completely and not have to bother with it at all I would quite happily wait twice as long for an update.

That's always the risk of running multi protag games, some people just won't like both of them. Sure some don't mind but some are only interested in playing male MC's and some only interested in female.

I've been skipping Ian's stuff since the start so i'd quite happily wait longer to play a full update rather than the half I play now.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
If it means I could skip Ian's content completely and not have to bother with it at all I would quite happily wait twice as long for an update.

That's always the risk of running multi protag games, some people just won't like both of them. Sure some don't mind but some are only interested in playing male MC's and some only interested in female.

I've been skipping Ian's stuff since the start so i'd quite happily wait longer to play a full update rather than the half I play now.
Oh, that's an interesting approach I didn't expect to see.

If you don't mind me asking, have you ever felt like you've missed any important parts of Lena's story (because of skipping Ian's) at any point? - considering how a lot of things are interconnected with one another.

Infinite9

Oct 5, 2017
To me Ian is the weaker side of this game, his character is alright but having so many male protag. games on the "market" i just want to get into corrupting fem. protag which is lena in this case. :cool:
Well, its the opposite for me. I enjoy playing as Ian more and i get sad when his part is over tho i still enjoy playing Lena's side too. I just find the characters and reliationships on Ian's side are more colorful

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Oh, that's an interesting approach I didn't expect to see.

If you don't mind me asking, have you ever felt like you've missed any important parts of Lena's story (because of skipping Ian's) at any point? - considering how a lot of things are interconnected with one another.
I don't think I missed anything important on Lena's side from skipping Ian's stuff.

I have Lena pursuing all the girls available to her which means less needed on Ian's side. The only big crossover girls there were Holly and Louise that were involved with Ian and his friend but I had Ian ignore Holly and Louise broke up with her boyfriend and is now with my Lena with Holly getting closer to her.

The only thing I didn't know what to do with were the girls on Ian's side that Lena didn't have any contact with and it turns out one of those does help and that's the Cindy and Axel thing. I have her now going for him meaning she keeps Axel away from Lena so that was 1 win but I didn't feel like I missed anything skipping through it.

All the other girls seem to have partnered up with various guys so his story has carried on without me needing to micro manage it and just pick choices based on walkthrough to get what I needed for Lena's side.

I don't think anything majorly important has crossed over yet, least I don't recall any plot line where I only got half. That may change as the story goes on, i'll have to see how it plays out. If anything major does cross over i'll have to play both parts.

It's not that i'm totally against playing his story I just much prefer Lena's and can at least do a bit self insertion on that route. I just find Ian boring and really struggled to get into it in the first couple of updates so ended up skipping through it altogether since.

All I needed to do was pick the choices that pushed the girls away (sorry Ian) so that I could either have a chance with them as Lena or they could do their own thing like Cindy and Alison seem to be doing. Saying that he did end up fucking Minerva which was an unintentionally awesome side effect of not paying attention.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes