BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Well, having given this version a try I'm optimistic about the options the game allows. I'll probably not play any future versions until the whole thing is finished.

I started out the game making an assumption that Ian and Holly would be a pairing I'd pursue, but I kinda dislike "existing" relationships in these kinds of stories so Holly already having a crush on him sort of drew me away from their pairing. I have to say that I really enjoyed Lena's initial interacitons with Holly instead, so I quickly made Ian uninterested in them both to try and see if I can make a pair out of them.

Have to admit I'd wish there was a choice here and there to pursue specific individuals I sometimes feel like events go on without considering my agency, like
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also am I the only one that feels like Ian and Lena are too much of an assumed pair?

Have to say that it feels like with Ian that you have to commit to your lady pursuits to get any results.

Anyway, looking forward to when it's finished. Hoping Lena and Holly can find each other and Ian can get some more options to pursue romance/sex without having to choose between that or being a pal.

Reactions: Tara Mede

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
Well, having given this version a try I'm optimistic about the options the game allows. I'll probably not play any future versions until the whole thing is finished.

I started out the game making an assumption that Ian and Holly would be a pairing I'd pursue, but I kinda dislike "existing" relationships in these kinds of stories so Holly already having a crush on him sort of drew me away from their pairing. I have to say that I really enjoyed Lena's initial interacitons with Holly instead, so I quickly made Ian uninterested in them both to try and see if I can make a pair out of them.

Have to admit I'd wish there was a choice here and there to pursue specific individuals I sometimes feel like events go on without considering my agency, like

Also am I the only one that feels like Ian and Lena are too much of an assumed pair?

Have to say that it feels like with Ian that you have to commit to your lady pursuits to get any results.

Anyway, looking forward to when it's finished. Hoping Lena and Holly can find each other and Ian can get some more options to pursue romance/sex without having to choose between that or being a pal.
I think you should play it again and make different choices for different results. Your bro, witness and Allison notes are 100% avoidable. Ian can even be very domineering at times, if that's the way you want to play.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
I think you should play it again and make different choices for different results. Your bro, witness and Allison notes are 100% avoidable. Ian can even be very domineering at times, if that's the way you want to play.
Oh, I didn't mean I wouldn't replay it at all. I will certainly replay and experiment with this version, I just meant that it was a cool find but I'll probably wait with downloading future versions until the whole thing is completed. I'm going to replay to see what I can make of Ian's options later today!

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Oh, I didn't mean I wouldn't replay it at all. I will certainly replay and experiment with this version, I just meant that it was a cool find but I'll probably wait with downloading future versions until the whole thing is completed. I'm going to replay to see what I can make of Ian's options later today!
Note that you don't have to wingman Perry to get Perry on Cherry's good side at that first meeting with her. There are other options to help him out later with a different girl where you still have your own opportunities that evening.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Note that you don't have to wingman Perry to get Perry on Cherry's good side at that first meeting with her. There are other options to help him out later with a different girl where you still have your own opportunities that evening.
Yeah, I just found out from my replay just now.

I doubled down on the anti Lena/Ian and Holly/Ian stuff and this time I actually got both Ian and Lena to express disinterest in each other, which I think it impressive for a game where the main point is for the characters to show interest. As a woman that mainly enjoys content between other women, I always appreciate when I have the option to pursue such a route as Lena/Holly seems to have for a potential.

I also went all out for Alison with Ian this time, which was how I came to find out that Perry doesn't have to be babysat through his initial Cherry encounter. I also had Ian go more horndog on Cindy, just to see how far you can push it.

Ian had much more lust and charisma in this playthrough, which made him seem much more in control, like bauman mentioned.

Originally, before even playing the game, I was hoping for some Cindy/Lena content (they're hot), maybe that will come depending on your choices? It wouldn't be weird for them to encounter each other again if they both pursue modeling, although maybe it would be a bit late in the game for anything substantial?

I was surprised to find a specific romance option (heart icon) with Alison when you go to the fortress with her again. I went with it and I'm sort of hoping the writer will explore her pairing outside of the club scene and having sex. Are there any other characters that have that option in this version of the game? Maybe Robert? You can initiate relations with him early, but I don't intend to explore it myself.

Reactions: tarheelmanjeremy

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Originally, before even playing the game, I was hoping for some Cindy/Lena content (they're hot), maybe that will come depending on your choices? It wouldn't be weird for them to encounter each other again if they both pursue modeling, although maybe it would be a bit late in the game for anything substantial?
If it becomes a possibility, I'm assuming Lena will have to become friendly again with her ex (Axel?) in order for hers and Cindy's paths to cross, since he's the one shooting photos of Cindy. Might have to pick the "posh" response as much as possible too, so they have the same taste. Pure conjecture, though.

I personally really like Lena and Ian together. Though of course, they're the obvious by-design choice, I have other... reasons. They both have a voyeur path which could hopefully lead to some kinky scenarios down the line as kindred pervs (fingers crossed), especially with Lena's burgeoning big-dick fetish.

As far as that heart, I think most, though not all, characters the two mains have sex with can turn into romance options. Some just come earlier than others. Some may have more content, but my guess is that, like in GGGB, many scenes and convos will likely be interchangeable with whichever S/O you choose, using slight variations in text.

Last edited:

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
I personally really like Lena and Ian together. Though of course, they're the obvious by-design choice, I have other... reasons. They both have a voyeur path which could hopefully lead to some kinky scenarios down the line as kindred pervs (fingers crossed), especially with Lena's burgeoning big-dick fetish.
Despite my personal disinterest in pairing Ian and Lena, I too am curious to see where the double-protag design will take the story. I studied games design in uni and I've always really enjoyed branching narratives, so it is going to be interesting to see how much branching Our Red String is going to have when it gets its final release.

Speaking of large tools, I'm reminded that Lena also has the option of declaring her dislike for phallic-shaped sex toys. This is not an opinion I have personally, but I have had girlfriends that do and I think it's cool that the option for one of the main characters to share this trait is great for a potential player that agrees with this, even if it is just a dialogue choice without any later references.

Massi89

Dec 21, 2020
Is it me or did eva kiss just lost a tons of patreons...worry some
That's true, she lost about 300 patreons.

But at the end of January she had reached an unusual peak, for now she just got back to the numbers that she had at the beginning of 2021.

If you look at the graphs, you'll notice that she regularly has had ups and downs since the end of 2017.

milicien

May 23, 2019

But at the end of January she had reached an unusual peak, for now she just got back to the numbers that she had at the beginning of 2021.

If you look at the graphs, you'll notice that she regularly has had ups and downs since the end of 2017.
The loss is normal. At the 1st day of each month some patreon subscriptions will end. The last two months has has a signficant increase in the patron count. Seeing than the release of the new update is getting closer I think that in February Eva will reach her all time high patron count.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Speaking of large tools, I'm reminded that Lena also has the option of declaring her dislike for phallic-shaped sex toys. This is not an opinion I have personally, but I have had girlfriends that do and I think it's cool that the option for one of the main characters to share this trait is great for a potential player that agrees with this, even if it is just a dialogue choice without any later references.
That's something this designer does well. I mean, you can't please everyone or the game would take years+ to develop. But she puts a lot of effort into allowing the user to guide personal preferences. FWIW, I think those preferences will show up more and more in her default masturbation scenes and sex options as the game progresses. So selecting for one or the other is likely relevant to more than just text.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Doe Jr.

unocrus

Oct 28, 2018

Looks like it consistently dips around February. Even in 2018 it plateaus a bit.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
That's something this designer does well. I mean, you can't please everyone or the game would take years+ to develop. But she puts a lot of effort into allowing the user to guide personal preferences. FWIW, I think those preferences will show up more and more in her default masturbation scenes and sex options as the game progresses. So selecting for one or the other is likely relevant to more than just text.
Well hopefully, it's not everything that's a choice at all. For example, I was a little bit miffed that I didn't get a say in the anal plug thing, Lena's forced by the story both to purchase it and use it, at least she was in both my playthroughs. I think female dislike for anal is more common than dislike for phallic-shaped sex toys. It's a small thing that doesn't bother me too much, but I feel like there's a tiny bit of inconsistency in what you get to choose and not.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Well hopefully, it's not everything that's a choice at all. For example, I was a little bit miffed that I didn't get a say in the anal plug thing, Lena's forced by the story both to purchase it and use it, at least she was in both my playthroughs. I think female dislike for anal is more common than dislike for phallic-shaped sex toys. It's a small thing that doesn't bother me too much, but I feel like there's a tiny bit of inconsistency in what you get to choose and not.
Oh, her games definitely don't account for every preference. With just her (in GGGB) and a tiny amount of outsourcing (in Red String), it's hard to keep everyone happy and still stick to a somewhat reliable release schedule. I'm not a fan of some options I didn't get to choose in either game also. But compared to other games of this sort being created by a 1-2 person team, I think she provides way more options than most. I *think* buying or at least using the buttplug may be avoidable depending on what your stats are. But I agree, it's a misstep regardless not always having the opt-out there. One of the choices should ideally be to skip anal if it's not your thing. I had that same feeling in GGGB when the game eventually starting selecting Ashley's outfits automatically, based on her bad girl stats. I much preferred her good-girl look to skankzilla and how you dress doesn't necessarily dictate your sexual proclivities. I let it slide based on the vast amount of work placed on one dev, but yeah, the options are always preferred.

There's a push/pull in designing this sort of game between telling the story you want to tell and allowing people to modify it to their needs. It's not perfect, but I still think she does it better than most, especially under limited resources. I'm one of the few here that don't think the writing is incredible - though still tops the average game, especially in this genre where writing is routinely absolute trash. I'm a fan of her for the story options, which are still way more than most, as well as that rare slow-burn character development, from mundane in the beginning to absolute raunch-fest a the end, depending on how you play. Edit: Honestly, searching around, I think she's got some of the hottest content on the market and a real talent for erotica, based on that natural progression, believability and overall choices in kink - not to mention some really hot visuals. The care she puts into investing you into the characters (while keeping it interesting, avoiding bland/repetitive walls of text) goes a long way, which is why I don't mind a slower development cycle. Most games just throw you right into the raunch at the beginning, which kills it for me. No believability or character attachment.

Last edited:

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Oh, her games definitely don't account for every preference. With just her (in GGGB) and a tiny amount of outsourcing (in Red String), it's hard to keep everyone happy and still stick to a somewhat reliable release schedule. I'm not a fan of some options I didn't get to choose in either game also. But compared to other games of this sort being created by a 1-2 person team, I think she provides way more options than most.
Absolutely. Also with the upgrades to the art and that there's occasional animation makes ORS a very impressive product.

I *think* buying or at least using the buttplug may be avoidable depending on what your stats are. But I agree, it's a misstep regardless not always having the opt-out there. One of the choices should ideally be to skip anal if it's not your thing.
I was thinking that you might not be avoided if you make yourself less of a friend to Ivy? I didn't attempt to lower it myself.

I had that same feeling in GGGB when the game eventually starting selecting Ashley's outfits automatically, based on her bad girl stats. I much preferred her good-girl look to skankzilla and how you dress doesn't necessarily dictate your sexual proclivities. I let it slide based on the vast amount of work placed on one dev, but yeah, the options are always preferred.
I'd have liked the option to choose in GGGB too, I'd even have preferred to stick with the purple dress over the blue top/white bottom option, had I been given the choice. I understand that there are limits to how many outfit versions you want to make art alternatives for though.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes