Nov 15, 2020
You're not. Eva stated a while ago she still can't predict how many chapters the game will have.
She did actually say early on in the development something about at least 20 episodes, but that was a while ago and can of course change.

Her last statement about the time between episodes, if I remember correctly, was that she ideally wants to release a new episode every second month, and hope to not go above three months. The time spent on the upcoming episode do however indicate that the complexity makes three months more realistic than two.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Considering that Eva doesn't really plan deeply while writing, it's impossible to predict how many chapters it will take to tell the story. Not even Eva knows the answer to that question.

Reactions: fortuna95

FugginDamaged

May 20, 2020
does anyone else keep saying to themselves that this will be the last update I play. I'll wait until the game is finished to play it again. but just end up playing the next update anyway
I always ended up doing that mostly because of the distance between chapters

Aug 17, 2020
wts3.png

The final element I think is making the production of the game is how I try to mix the writing with the gameplay. This is a Visual Novel and I try to make it as interactive as I can manage, and often times that means that I end up biting almost more than I can chew, pushing my limits update after update.

But I’m not referring to just quantity of available paths and variables at play. I try to integrate the gameplay and the experience in a way that has substance and feels engaging. I have a good example of that: In chapter 7 Lena has to decide what are her feelings for Ian: does she sees him as a simple friend with benefits or maybe she’s starting to feel something more? When I wrote the update, this choice happened the morning after they slept together, while Lena was working at the café and reminiscing about it. The choice was presented during her inner monologue, but this felt kinda lazy and mechanical and uninteresting. While going over the chapter, I realized there was a much better way to implement that choice: during the actual sex scene with Ian, in the end, Lena could choose to snuggle up with Ian, acting on her feelings and confirming them, or just go to sleep, showing a colder, less romantic attitude. This way the choice was integrated in the scene and felt more meaningful and symbolic, rather than having a de-contextualized menu elsewhere. So I had to go and scrap what I had written and re-do that particular monologue and set of choices. Maybe these kind of details don’t seem too important, but they are to me.

Something similar happens with character interactions. The draft says these characters need to have a date or conversation in this chapter, so it leads to a sex scene. But what do they talk about? What information do I give to the player that’s new, relevant, interesting to read and that develops the characters and allows you to know more about them? That’s not always easy and sometimes struggle to come up with something worthwhile that makes the character feel like characters, and not just empty plot devices that lead to kinky scenes.

Sometimes I think I make things more complex than they have to be, but I’m trying to learn how to balance stuff. In any case, this is how I like to craft my VN’s, and I’ll keep doing it. I just wish I could do it faster!

Last edited:

AdrianoAlfonso

May 4, 2021
Is anyone had this crash?
When I try to tap Cindy, this pops up

"
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'chapter_eight'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "master_script.rpyc", line 716, in script
  File "D:\b\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1633, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "D:\b\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\script.py", line 875, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Our Red String v0.7
Sat May 08 20:25:38 2021
"

Jun 10, 2020
Is anyone had this crash?
When I try to tap Cindy, this pops up

"
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "master_script.rpyc", line 716, in script
  File "D:\b\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1633, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "D:\b\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\script.py", line 875, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Our Red String v0.7
Sat May 08 20:25:38 2021
"
No chapter eight yet; it will happen at the end of chapter 7.

Reasoon

Apr 8, 2018
As already mentioned I'm on a full Alison Playthrough right now and I've checked the Walkthrough. There is this Thing called something like (block_jeremy_alison) but when I choose the Option "Alison is Mine" it doesn't seem like Jeremy would care at all about that. Is it possible to make sure nothing between Jeremy and Alison is happening and if how to do it?

I really liked Jeremy in my Playthroughs where Alison is not really important but if you play Full Alison he is kind of a horrible Friend to Ian well at least until now so I'm curious if there are some ways to handle this?! (btw I'm in Chapter 5 right now in this Playthrough)

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
best game ever, im making Ian a gym dude and future MMA UFC fighter (i hope there is a future ending with this LOL) and he fucked all girls.
Lena will be a drugaddict BBC cam whore pregnant
I love your romantisme and how you envision the spiritual growth of Lena !!:oops::oops::oops:

I'm joking 1200% right there !!! ;)

Reasoon

Apr 8, 2018
it seems alison is in love with ian. if you go full route on alison, there's absolutely nothing will happen between her and jeremy.
Okay nice thank you for the reply! But after playing many scenarios before I really feel like the first decision in the night out with alison and cherry is the most important one because if alison and jeremy spend that night together they continue this even if you as Ian start something with Alison after this (which is strange if alison is in love with ian). Well at least that's what Jeremy is saying to Ian after that.

Reactions: yggdral

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Okay nice thank you for the reply! But after playing many scenarios before I really feel like the first decision in the night out with alison and cherry is the most important one because if alison and jeremy spend that night together they continue this even if you as Ian start something with Alison after this (which is strange if alison is in love with ian). Well at least that's what Jeremy is saying to Ian after that.
I think that's there to appeal to those that wanna have a threesome with Jeremy down the line, because every interaction she has with him before and after shows she has a weird hang-up about Ian, compare Cherry to her and you tell me she isn't a bit obsessed.

Edit: She's also the only girl that has blurted out that she loves Ian, so there.

Reactions: Reasoon
4.60 star(s) 318 Votes