lcvargas

Dec 30, 2019
Plausible, still, the player was given a choice in regards to Lena's history with drugs, so I wonder if that would either play into Spike's supposed story or if it would mean that it's an unlikely development?
I don't remember exactly when Lena gave a history about her position on drugs, but it's hers. I just think that no matter her position is, either she didn't do it before or she did take them, my Spike theory would just make her more into it or she'll be influenced to do more.

PilotLara

Jan 16, 2019
Windows 10. I'm not sure what causes it but it happens mid playthrough, I'll save at a selection with greyed out choices and upon reloading after messing up later I'll see the greyed out choices are gone unless I fix it and reload again, sometimes the opposite happens where I save at a choice with no greyed out options and when I reload I see theres a ton of grey options that weren't there before.
Okay, I think I have an idea of what the problem is. Don't think I can fix it before the beta release though. For now I advise you to save 2-3 lines before the choices to minimise problems.

Nov 15, 2020
Maybe Spike will be the Drug Addict/Dealer route of ORS. Just like the gang in GGGB. IMO he might be.
So far the drug use in ORS seems more casual than in GGGB, though. When Ashley started doing drugs, it was something new to her, and the chance to take drugs came so often that she could become hooked very quickly. Socioculturally and in age I think the characters of ORS are more likely to use drugs as a more controlled, occasional habit. Although, Lena and Ivy doing molly at the club could very well be the beginning of a more gradual drug addict path for her. Obviously Ivy could be involved in such a path, Billy seems likely as well, and I guess Spike being involved makes as much sense as any other scenario we're speculating about at this stage.

An important part about the drug use in GGGB was that Ashley, willingly or not so willingly, was pushed to use sex as a way to get drugs. My immediate assumption is that a drug addict route in ORS would involve a similar dynamic. If there's no incest path, that would limit Spike's potential involvement. But of course it's possible that he'll play a different role within such a path.

TLDR: I don't know ;)

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Okay, I think I have an idea of what the problem is. Don't think I can fix it before the beta release though. For now I advise you to save 2-3 lines before the choices to minimise problems.
I don't know if this is at all related, or a problem that has existed previously perhaps, but after restarting my PC after the first time playing, coming back to play again, my virus detection software quarantined ORS when I tried to run it. I had to do another restart, restore it and add it to exceptions to run it again.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
If there's no incest path, that would limit Spike's potential involvement. But of course it's possible that he'll play a different role within such a path.

TLDR: I don't know ;)
In ch. 8 the first part of the chapter is about Lena being lonely and feeling like she fails to preserve and make friends. She doubts her relationships and thinks she has few friends, only to realise playing live music that she has many that support her, she's made new friends despite her past.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

lcvargas

Dec 30, 2019
I just though that Spike would be a great name/nickname for a drug dealer because frugs gives someone a spike of dopamine or any psychoactive chemicals. IDK if it's intentional he's named that way.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
can someone explain too me why patreon has weird rules in terms of sexuality in an videogame? why people bring moral in videogames and if they do why they do it inconsistant ?

Nov 15, 2020
In ch. 8 the first part of the chapter is about Lena being lonely and feeling like she fails to preserve and make friends. She doubts her relationships and thinks she has few friends, only to realise playing live music that she has many that support her, she's made new friends despite her past.

Yes, in general I think it's that element related to the romantic involvements that makes it difficult to create any good theories about his role. Also, the last time we speculated about a storyline that was difficult to predict, it was regarding Emma's mystical surprise in chapter 7. And no one could have predicted how that turned out! :D

I just though that Spike would be a great name/nickname for a drug dealer because frugs gives someone a spike of dopamine or any psychoactive chemicals. IDK if it's intentional he's named that way.
I hadn't noticed that, but that's a good observation. And it definitely is a more peculiar name than the rest of the cast, at least!

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
can someone explain too me why patreon has weird rules in terms of sexuality in an videogame? why people bring moral in videogames and if they do why they do it inconsistant ?
I think there are many answers to this question.

In terms of why patreon has the rules that they do, you have to keep in mind that they are a company with an international user base. They also have a very large user base which makes them subject to public scrutiny. If patreon does not toe the line when it comes to sexual themes and their appropriate depiction in, typically, the West, they may face political opposition and face interference from governmental bodies like the US or the EU.

As for the consistency... I guess that just comes down to economics. It's easier to automate the systems than hiring a proper number real moderators that can manage the accounts, so the inconsistency comes from lack of personnel that can make consistent political/moral/rule calls.
Also, the last time we speculated about a storyline that was difficult to predict, it was regarding Emma's mystical surprise in chapter 7. And no one could have predicted how that turned out! :D
I don't agree entirely, lots of people assumed "drugs" because the game had introduced Molly and made a point out of showing that Ian could get to emphasise weed use. Sure, no one predicted the specifics of the psychedelic trip, but lost of people's guesses were in that ballpark.

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
External pressure from payment processors
As for the inconsistency, they can't check everyone so a lot just slip through.

Also why is everyone tripping so hard on Spike? Is this some kind of elaborate joke I'm not getting? :unsure:

Reactions: dontcarewhateverno

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
External pressure from payment processors
As for the inconsistency, they can't check everyone so a lot just slip through.

Also why is everyone tripping so hard on Spike? Is this some kind of elaborate joke I'm not getting? :unsure:
but why they bring in morals that the part that I dont understand, if you play a shooter and kill everybody or if rambo jumps on screen and kill all everybody is like YEAAHH WOAHHHHH and its ok I mean its not reality but why the double standarts.

Reasoon

Apr 8, 2018
This seems plausible. Ian accompanying Lena on her trip would, depending on your choices, make sense as long as you're not considering all the implications. But removing both protagonists from the main location at the same time, would put some serious limitations on the development of the story as long as they're away.
Yes exactly and also the Status of IanxLena can be really different depending on how you played at this Point in the Story. I really think a lot progress with the other Main Routes of Ian will happen in Chapter 9

I think Cindy will try avoid Ian as much as she can
Possible. I still think the whole Cindy Route is really unpredictable at this Point and I'm excited to see which direction it goes. I mean it's still a Game and Cindy ignoring Ian for the next 2-3 Chapters feels like a waste of time but it also would be realisitic after what happened. I'm just really curious how a possible full IanxCindy Route or even Relationship will happen.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Spike is Lena's brother, and if the condition for Lena's mother is serious enough that her father had to imediatelly call her to come back home, then its very likely he would also try to reach out to his son, even if they are estranged. Also illness of a parent is basically a cliché at this point when it comes to the return of a prodigal son.

Now as to what Spike's return will mean to the story is what people are speculating:

Reactions: lcvargas

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
I hope that soon enough we will see some extra debauchery on Lena path, like we had Arthur in GGGB and others, her fuckin every 10/10 lookin guy is okay i guess but scenarios like these are pretty common in a real world, movies etc..
Bring some Seymour, Ed, some more stan corruption or maybe shady mayor in this fiction action.

On Ian path you can already fuck girlfriends of your best friends, even your boss very roughly. ^^

Last edited:

King B

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
I'm a big fan of Evakiss's good girl gone bad, and have high expectations for this one. For now, I'm forcing myself to wait till this is a few more updates ahead because I know this will be good and want to bite it in big chunks.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes