BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
There seems to be a start up error, but only happens when altering the game to enable the console commands.
I can access the console, I just used unren.
I wish there was an Emma scene or a Holly scene easy to get. Both are hot. For Ian.
What're you talking about? Both those characters practically throw themselves at Ian if he just shows slight interest.

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
I can access the console, I just used unren.

What're you talking about? Both those characters practically throw themselves at Ian if he just shows slight interest.

Not anywhere close in my game if he's with Lena at all. If so must not be easy.

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
I suggest not hooking up with Lena. It does seem to at least for the time being to make for a better play-through.

The two new scenes happen in Chapter 8, right around the drug fuelled meta scene.
I see thanks

chipsiup

Aug 12, 2016
I hope the Lena + Holly + Ivy route isn't blocked forever if Lena and Ian are dating. Was super bummed when I couldn't click that option on my routes. It's also really weird that Ian and Lena dating blocked that scene specifically, if you want them to they both cheat on the other multiple times with several different people.

Especially weird if Ian and Holly haven't done anything together. Not to mention you'd think the alcohol would've made it happen regardless. That entire scene doesn't make much sense to me.

And Lena ( at least on my routes ) has no non-hypocritical reason to be mad about Ian and Holly hooking up either. She has been helping to corrupt her for crying out loud.
I think that's just fallout from a lot of people complaining that Lena was being hypocritical for getting angry at Ian for cheating on her, and then having the option to cheat on Ian. Rather than rewriting things, Eva Kiss decided the easiest way to sidestep that criticism is to simply make it so that Lena CANNOT cheat on Ian with Holly.

sztrb

Aug 24, 2018
How to unlock this scene?
I unlocked it by "doing drugs" during the scene in the apartment between Perry and Emma. Then visiting Perry's room, after the meta fourth wall, it was the scene that happened. I've only done one playthrough of it though. So not 100%

Tarmogo

Sep 13, 2020
This is not totally correct. The key variable here is whether Ian and Holly is dating. It IS possible for Ian to sleep with Holly, but not date her. In particular, Ian will ONLY date Holly if he wasn't already dating or in love with Lena, otherwise Ian's hookup with Holly is just a one time thing.
That's right, there is one additional combination. In these specific discussions we've been having we are working under the assumption that ian_lena_dating is true, so that is moot, but you CAN avoid ian_holly_dating with the correct choices which will allow either LenaxHolly or LenaxHollyxIvy.

So in my playthrough, Ian slept with Holly as a hookup, Lena broke up with him over it, and then subsequently Lena herself slept with Holly.
This example though, as far as I interpret it, harkens back to the thing that Eva set out to correct in the first place. You have Lena scolding Ian and breaking up with him, then turning around and doing exactly what she just scolded Ian for. I have not played that exact scenario out myself, but when doing that does Lena give any context as to why she is fine going through with Holly even though she just bashed Ian for it?

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
I think that's just fallout from a lot of people complaining that Lena was being hypocritical for getting angry at Ian for cheating on her, and then having the option to cheat on Ian. Rather than rewriting things, Eva Kiss decided the easiest way to sidestep that criticism is to simply make it so that Lena CANNOT cheat on Ian with Holly.
Nah. The hypocrisy itself isn't even what bugged some of us. It was justifying Lena's strong reaction (and potential hypocrisy) to Ian/Holly in the writing somehow, which was completely missed/skipped over and felt glaring to us that have come to expect consistent quality from the main paths. Eva just changed this part as well because, as a few did criticize, Lena's reaction to Ian/Holly was strongly based on her care for and protectiveness of Holly. With that kind of motivation, it wouldn't make sense for Lena to put Holly in such an awkward position if she truly did care for her, as Lena had already proven her protectiveness and care. I think that hypocritical turn could've worked if justified in the writing as well, just by changing or adding some text in a few paths, but Eva chose to just take this path of locking Lena/Holly out instead in this situation.

Not a change most of us were expecting. But I think it was a way of avoiding more complicated plot situations that she would have to write content for. Could it have been done more smoothly? Yes. Definitely. Was hoping that smoothing out would've happened in the final, but it's probably a little bump we'll have to live with unless there's a post-final re-do.

Last edited:

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
I wonder, does the choice with Ed (being honest with him so he finds Lena online, or having Lena use sex appeal on him to get her way) have much bearing at this point? And going forward? I always wondered where it was going but it doesn't seem to have had a major impact yet.

I'm redoing my main playthrough now and i'd hate to end up on the wrong (i.e. less pervy, less content) path because of such an early game choice.
I think you've answered your own question. No for-sures till the content's out, but you know what you need to do if there's potential Ed content. (He's going to find out she's a nude model either way). I don't think the first choice has as much bearing, but with all choices afterwards it's obvious which way to go.

Last edited:

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Not a change most of us were expecting. But I think it was a way of avoiding more complicated plot situations that she would have to write content for. Could it have been done more smoothly? Yes. Definitely. Was hoping that smoothing out would've happened in the final, but it's probably a little bump we'll have to live with unless there's a post-final re-do.
I don't think we've necessarily seen the last of this scene, Eva does rewrite earlier chapter content on occasion, so maybe this'll get that treatment once Eva knows more specifically where she wants the hypothetical Ian/Lena/Holly and Lena/Ivy/Holly to go.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
So nobody noticed anything different about Holly?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, more of an off-screen change. Landlord just fixed the air conditioner.

Edit: Also someone apparently got a promotion, Mike's scene from chaper 5 has been extended
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I see she got a bonus. Hoping for some bigger bank deposits in chapter 9.

Last edited:
Reactions: sztrb

Tarmogo

Sep 13, 2020
I don't think we've necessarily seen the last of this scene, Eva does rewrite earlier chapter content on occasion, so maybe this'll get that treatment once Eva knows more specifically where she wants the hypothetical Ian/Lena/Holly and Lena/Ivy/Holly to go.
I think if anything is clear from all these discussions, it's that a decent chunk of the community still has some gripes with the way these scenes are handled currently, so I think it's likely that this section of the game will get another pass by Eva at some point in time. We've talked this point to death over the last week, so there isn't really anything else to do but wait and see where things go in the future.

In the mean time people should just enjoy playing chapter 8 since it's a great update overall!

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
fix your shit brother even when game crashes it still acts up doesnt let me copy the errors and shit tried to click quit and says theres no quiting
had to use ctrl alt delete and end task ffs
View attachment 1231737
Ok. We're laughing. But this confusion happens so frequently for an inside-joke. People playing this on Steam who never ran into the expected errors in Alpha and Beta won't expect this and might just turn the game off in frustration. Eva might need to make it a little more obvious (I know, it's obvious to us) once the full game is otherwise complete before a Steam release. For the amount of people not getting the puzzle here, I can imagine a lot more in negative Steam review comments. "Fix teh shit! Why u no tests?!? Pour game"

Imagined change would be Ian showing up immediately in front of the screen when the error first pops and making some sort of "wft?" comment on it, so users not following development know it's part of the game.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 318 Votes