BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
My stats aren't raising after I switch from Ian to Lena. Is there a way to fix this bug?
Are you sure it's a bug or is this happening in the early game?

Stats have a cap equal to the chapter number in the latest chapters I think.

Upikey

Jun 2, 2020
Are you sure it's a bug or is this happening in the early game?

Stats have a cap equal to the chapter number in the latest chapters I think.
I didn't notice that, but there is a bug. In Chapter 2, when you have to choose between concentrating on the drawing or not, when I choose to concentrate my Wits doesn't go up from 1 to 2, they stay at 1 so I don't improve my relationship with Lena like the guide says.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
I didn't notice that, but there is a bug. In Chapter 2, when you have to choose between concentrating on the drawing or not, when I choose to concentrate my Wits doesn't go up from 1 to 2, they stay at 1 so I don't improve my relationship with Lena like the guide says.
Isn't that just because you don't have enough wits xp?

Keep in mind that what you're gaining is not +1 wits, it's +1 wits xp, which you have to accumulate to gain another wits level.

Reasoon

Apr 8, 2018
I wonder when Alison and Lena are gonna meet; they haven't met each other since chapter 1 and i think it'd be great entertainment value if they did.
Yes this is one of the Scenarios I'm waiting for the most in this Game espescially when both Alison and Lena are heavily involved with Ian then this should be very intense and as a Alison Fan I think this will be a major Moment for her and her whole Character because then she most likely has to face her Feelings for Ian and the way she will react and act will be very interesting.

Eva is teasing this also very hard through the whole Game with them never be in the same Place after Chapter 1 and Alison always asking and be insecure about the "Model" and I think Lena and Ivy also talk about Alison once when Ian confess to Lena that he is seeing someone else.

Reactions: scor099

whf

Nov 9, 2017
So I finally got to properly play what is there so far and I'm surprised how good it is. Especially after experiencing Good Girl Gone Bad which I consider an utter piece of shit. Our Red String not only has better art, but most importantly it isn't full of bullshit situations. Lena isn't stupid annoying whore like Ashley was (if you went for exciting stuff, not a fucking romance). There is still something happening (though there still could be more) in Lena's and Ian's lifes. It's not just let's get yet another tattoo/piercing, let's go party, let's get fucked again and again. Characters are quite likeable, even Robert and Axel are ok, which is damn surprising after how all the characters in GGGB were a fucking bunch of douchebags. The only thing that I don't like about Our Red String is how it forces to you an Ian-Lena relationship even if you don't pursue it at all (ffs, it's like dating myself when I play both characters. :D). Instead of skipping dialogues about their relationship entirelly if there isn't anything between them, dialogues go like "there is nothig between us, we are just friends" or "I like him, but there isn't going to be anything between us, probably" (No, Lena, you don't like him and he doesn't like you at all (in my playthrough)). So completely useless. She should add a definitive option to not having anything between them and never present you with any questions and dialgoues about that again.

Reactions: HaremGamesHater

Hollowpain

May 31, 2017
So I finally got to properly play what is there so far and I'm surprised how good it is. Especially after experiencing Good Girl Gone Bad which I consider an utter piece of shit. Our Red String not only has better art, but most importantly it isn't full of bullshit situations. Lena isn't stupid annoying whore like Ashley was (if you went for exciting stuff, not a fucking romance). There is still something happening (though there still could be more) in Lena's and Ian's lifes. It's not just let's get yet another tattoo/piercing, let's go party, let's get fucked again and again. Characters are quite likeable, even Robert and Axel are ok, which is damn surprising after how all the characters in GGGB were a fucking bunch of douchebags. The only thing that I don't like about Our Red String is how it forces to you an Ian-Lena relationship even if you don't pursue it at all (ffs, it's like dating myself when I play both characters. :D). Instead of skipping dialogues about their relationship entirelly if there isn't anything between them, dialogues go like "there is nothig between us, we are just friends" or "I like him, but there isn't going to be anything between us, probably" (No, Lena, you don't like him and he doesn't like you at all (in my playthrough)). So completely useless. She should add a definitive option to not having anything between them and never present you with any questions and dialgoues about that again.
It seems that you don't understand the theme of this game.

It is call "Our red string" and it refers to the eastern concept of red thread of fate ( ).

Ian and Lena are soulmates, they are bound to interact with each other, they are bound to have feelings for each other and in my opinion, if Eva respects her own symbolism, they are bound to be together at the end of the game, however you play through the game.

It's not bound to our choices what happens between them. Maybe you don't like it, its OK, you just don't like this game as you didn't like GGGB.

whf

Nov 9, 2017

It is call "Our red string" and it refers to the eastern concept of red thread of fate ( ).

Ian and Lena are soulmates, they are bound to interact with each other, they are bound to have feelings for each other and in my opinion, if Eva respects her own symbolism, they are bound to be together at the end of the game, however you play through the game.

It's not bound to our choices what happens between them. Maybe you don't like it, its OK, you just don't like this game as you didn't like GGGB.
No, I didn't and honestly I would rather not to know it at all. I don't believe in fate. I do like this game, it's kind of easy to understand from what I have written, but yes, after reading that post, I don't like the theme of this game. It's based on something I consider a complete bullshit.

Reasoon

Apr 8, 2018

I actually think and even more really hope this is not the Case because this Game is about Choice and if Ian and Lena are endgame no matter what in the end then the whole Game seems kind of pointless to me. I'm pretty sure Eva writes better than this and gives the Player many Endgame Options (as she did in GGGB).

I think the Theme of ORS is more that Ian and Lena are bound to be in each others Life and espescially are bound to connect everyone else in their Lifes and not how they are bound to each other.

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
Even though I understand the concept of the red sting of fate well enough (and it hasn't escaped my notice that it is probably referring to Ian and Lena), it can also be interpreted as the red string being between whomever Ian and Lena end up with, and that their string of fate was always connected with that person, it just (potentially) took a lot of detours along the way.

Last edited:

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020

Keep in mind that this is not the only correct interpretation of the red thread (or string).

The red thread is also a narrative device that was developed in Europe, that is used to describe progression of your narrative, the point being that your story should have a focus that is bound together from beginning to end by "a red string."
It is similar in expression, this concept of a red string, that a start and an end point are tied together through an invisible thread, but the concept is more about events and less about specific individuals.

This concept is not Eastern, or perhaps it has some connection but I have never seen anyone refer the history back to "the red thread of fate" concept, but rather the idea comes from developing European writing where a concept of "narrative thread" in French became "the red thread" in German litterature "der rote Faden des Erzählens."

This is a narrative concept that's taught in many European schools (I learned about it in primary school for example). And rather than Lena and Ian being tied together by a vague idea of fate, this impression of the red thread only means that they have a shared function within the narrative in which they exist, whereby they can influence each other's story. They share a beginning and through their actions an end point is reached through the connection that's bindings them by the red string of the narrative.

By this interpreation "the red string" refers to them sharing a story, rather than them being fateful lovers.
Or you can be a filthy neutral and feel both concepts apply of course. ;)

Last edited:

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
Keep in mind that this is not the only correct interpretation of the red thread (or string).
[...]
I like this explaination a lot. Not only does it make sense, but it still allows the player the freedom to decide Ian or Lena's fate rather then being forced into a predetermined ending regardless.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018

Ian's new look: Wits

1625746920769.png

In my I teased Ian would be getting a new wardrobe in Chapter 9, much like Lena did in 7.

This is the first design, tied to Wits. A neat look with an elegant, black, tight-fitting shirt. Who said smart people have to look nerdy? This clean and serious look is closer to what Seymour might've worn when he was younger.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Reactions: John Doe Jr.

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
Well, not gonna object to more variety for Ian's wardrobe, that's for sure, but I dunno.. something seems missing with this look? Maybe it's cos it's all black or something, but it comes across as a bit drab and boring. I'd even say his original non-chad looks were better then this.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Well, not gonna object to more variety for Ian's wardrobe, that's for sure, but I dunno.. something seems missing with this look? Maybe it's cos it's all black or something, but it comes across as a bit drab and boring. I'd even say his original non-chad looks were better then this.
I actually quite like it, but I can see where you're coming from. It's probably a bit similar to how I feel about Cindy's new outfit.

Now I actually feel like Ian wearing that would pair rather well with her.
I think the black/gray clothing styles suit persons with dark hair and eyes better, which I like it with Ian but am iffy about Cindy wearing black/white, I like colour contrasts with her blonde hair and green eyes.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
Wah, Brick was ninja'd this time.
Yeah, that's not easy, but was not my intention because I happened to open Patreon and just saw Eva's message. Though If I had been little late, I would have simply deleted my double post (what I have done before from time to time).

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
I actually quite like it, but I can see where you're coming from. It's probably a bit similar to how I feel about Cindy's new outfit.

Now I actually feel like Ian wearing that would pair rather well with her.
I think the black/gray clothing styles suit persons with dark hair and eyes better, which I like it with Ian but am iffy about Cindy wearing black/white, I like colour contrasts with her blonde hair and green eyes.
Maybe it's just the hair. Like, the outfit is sleek enough, but the hair is a bit too casual for a look that is bordering on formal. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what doesn't really work for me, I just know when I looked at it I felt pretty underwhelmed, and I didn't actually have any expectations. lol.

EDIT: Or maybe it's just that I find the face of Ian's sprite just a bit derpy in general. For all that Eva says this is similar to how Seymour would have dressed when he was younger, I just can't see Ian being anything like Seymour looking like this. And you know how much I love Ian. :p

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TamaMountain
4.60 star(s) 313 Votes