BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
I recall some people saying that Eva decided she's not going to have any sexual content with Ed in the main game (if that's who you meant by 'old man'?) but that she may add that content as DLC later, similar to what she did with Jasmin - the trans woman in GGGB.
That's weird. What source was that? Making Ed's content a DLC would be very anti-climactic. After all, Lena could flirt and be playful with him, and he wants to draw her naked. Those interactions would be very misleading if they're just there to sweeten Ed in order to keep good professional relationship with him (or become friends outside of work). All that flirting and improper behavior is got to have some sort of consequences for their working relationship that would have some sexual content that takes advantage of their informal relationship. And sex with Jasmin was in the base game. She just didn't have a dedicated romance/ending. DLC added those and expanded a bit on her path to give her character more depth.

godoff95

Mar 15, 2018
That's weird. What source was that? Making Ed's content a DLC would be very anti-climactic. After all, Lena could flirt and be playful with him, and he wants to draw her naked. Those interactions would be very misleading if they're just there to sweeten Ed in order to keep good professional relationship with him (or become friends outside of work). All that flirting and improper behavior is got to have some sort of consequences for their working relationship that would have some sexual content that takes advantage of their informal relationship. And sex with Jasmin was in the base game. She just didn't have a dedicated romance/ending. DLC added those and expanded a bit on her path to give her character more depth.
I think it was in one of the early posts or in the male poll.

Reactions: Tallyhoe

lcvargas

Dec 30, 2019
I recall some people saying that Eva decided she's not going to have any sexual content with Ed in the main game (if that's who you meant by 'old man'?) but that she may add that content as DLC later, similar to what she did with Jasmin - the trans woman in GGGB.
What I remember is Eva saying that she might or might not do an Ed route; but as far as I see the game is progressing into, like what BloodyMares said, a route for Lena and Ed already started and it would be weird if it doesn't lead to anything.

Also, the way I see things, Ed and Molly (for being side charcters) are more popular than some of the main characters like Perry or Wade.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
In her last Q&A:
https://f95zone.to/threads/our-red-string-v0-8-final-evakiss.48813/post-6119582

Last edited:

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017

Work has been progressing OK this past week. I've finished writing one of the major setpieces of this chapter, which gives me some confidence moving forward, and the drawings are 95% done.
I've also been working with my programmer on coding and optimization, and the scene gallery is fully functional. I need to create new UI layouts and assets for it, which I hope to do during the upcoming days, but right now writing takes priority. Also, the Ui animations are now more sleek and the images have been converted to .webp format, cutting the weight of the game about 70%.
7 new OST pieces are being worked at, and I've also made a few small random updates that I'll be sharing with you guys soon.
All in all, Chapter 9 is finally starting to take shape. I will continue my work and keep you posted. I will reveal the name of this chapter in the next status update.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Reactions: lcvargas and KDXvd

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
From your quote, the key point is "In the worst-case scenario". Which means she'll try to develop and complete his route alongside others, but if things end up too intense and stressful, he might have to sit this one out until the game is completed. But nothing is guaranteed, no need to cause panic in advance. I'm sure Eva will tell us if his route won't make it.
He started perving on her (watching her change, commenting on Peoplegram) in chapter 1 and 2. Then nothing. He's dead, Jim.

Last edited:

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
He started perving on her (watching her change, commenting on Peoplegram) in chapter 1 and 2. Then nothing. He's dead, Jim.
Yeah, I figured this too. A while back I started a Lena playthrough just focusing on Ed, and noticed nothing was happening after his initial phase of interest - no comment on her Stalkfap, no content after she posed nude at his cafe and he drew her, no further escalation of the perving on her when she changed. If Ed is still a viable route in the main story, he's really off his perv game. To me the DLC thing makes sense though - it would be relatively easy to inject content for him and Molly after the fact.

Reactions: dundun

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
Yeah, I figured this too. A while back I started a Lena playthrough just focusing on Ed, and noticed nothing was happening after his initial phase of interest - no comment on her Stalkfap, no content after she posed nude at his cafe and he drew her, no further escalation of the perving on her when she changed. If Ed is still a viable route in the main story, he's really off his perv game. To me the DLC thing makes sense though - it would be relatively easy to inject content for him and Molly after the fact.
The strange thing is, EvaKiss talks here like the path is still active. But at this point there already haven't been any development for 3 chapters. The progress she is referring to is Lena's announcement of the event in the cafe (modelling/singing). So I kinda fear that she changed Ed's path to be not pervy.
Maybe later Lena starts modelling for him, but there are already so many modelling paths (Seymour, Stan, Billy, Axel) and the whole 'Ed painting Lena at the event' is a mayor plothole to begin with.

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
The strange thing is, EvaKiss talks here like the path is still active. But at this point there already haven't been any development for 3 chapters. The progress she is referring to is Lena's announcement of the event in the cafe (modelling/singing). So I kinda fear that she changed Ed's path to be not pervy.
Maybe later Lena starts modelling for him, but there are already so many modelling paths (Seymour, Stan, Billy, Axel) and the whole 'Ed painting Lena at the event' is a mayor plothole to begin with.
Yeah, I agree, outside of DLC which can add pretty much whatever it needs to make Ed's path consistent, it would be hard to continue Ed's path along the same vein as it originally was with all these missed opportunities to be a perv, and not feel like a big old plot hole.

On the one hand, if Ed is meant to still be a perv, it makes no sense why he took a big step back since his initial perv content, or rather, we were never shown or given that reason in the story (which is what makes it not make sense). On the other hand, if he's actually meant to be a nice old guy, that doesn't gel with his original pervy content. So it's off either way.

If Eva wanted to make her choice to ease off on Ed less obvious, what's missing is showing his reason for the change in how he's acting via a scene or dialogue. For pervy Ed, that could have been something as simple as Molly almost catching Ed doing something pervy, so he got a fright and dialed it back for a while because he was paranoid Molly might be onto him, only for his pervy nature to come back full-force and more during an opportunistic moment with Lena. For nice old guy Ed, it could be something that Lena said or did, or a moment the three of them shared, that made him realize that he didn't want to jeopardize the bond they'd built for his attraction - in that case his attraction could still remain, and be noticeable at times, but he'd never act on it. I know there's probably very few people who would want 'nice old guy Ed', though! lol.

And yeah, I agree that Lena modelling for Ed would be a bit too much of the same at this point, considering all the other paths that use it. There's plenty of other opportunities for a pervy Ed with Lena as his employee, though.

Tallyhoe

Feb 21, 2019
I think she wanted to include Ed at first but later changed her mind when she realised she has spread herself too thin and could not do the route justice with so little content. So she just dropped it altogether. You ask why she didn’t say so, why does she have to? She opens herself up to come back to it if she can. If she already said no I’m not doing that part, it’d look bad when out of sudden she decides to come back in the future. Who knows, maybe Ed will swoop in when Lena is at her lowest point and need some emotioal fatherly support.

For now consider Ed dead.

PilotLara

Jan 16, 2019
New sneak peak. Seems like you guys were on to something!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I will share with you the sneak peak I made for the stickers in Eva's discord server.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
I just think your impression of Ed is off the mark. It seems to me you're expecting him to be Arthur 2.0 with his disrespectful and overly creepy ways to seduce her, and we have never actually seen that from him. Even in Chapters 1 and 2, his perviness comes from being rather socially clueless than having a clear pervy agenda, unless I guess you want to interpret it as an act to try and hide his true motives. What we see of Ed is a pretty wholesome old man who loves his wife but also appreciates young beauty of Lena and doesn't hesitate to show a bit of familiarity (until Lena calls him out on it) because he genuinely thinks he's just being kind and playful in a friendly manner.

I don't see how Ed painting Lena is a plot-hole. It's in tune with what was shown in Chapter 1 and 2. Sure, his drawing skills come as a surprise, but he still comes to draw Lena, not thinking that his presence might be uncomfortable for her (especially if she called him out previously). I think it classifies as a bit pervy. He's just a different kind of perv.

godoff95

Mar 15, 2018
I just think your impression of Ed is off the mark. It seems to me you're expecting him to be Arthur 2.0 with his disrespectful and overly creepy ways to seduce her, and we have never actually seen that from him. Even in Chapters 1 and 2, his perviness comes from being rather socially clueless than having a clear pervy agenda, unless I guess you want to interpret it as an act to try and hide his true motives. What we see of Ed is a pretty wholesome old man who loves his wife but also appreciates young beauty of Lena and doesn't hesitate to show a bit of familiarity (until Lena calls him out on it) because he genuinely thinks he's just being kind and playful in a friendly manner.

I don't see how Ed painting Lena is a plot-hole. It's in tune with what was shown in Chapter 1 and 2. Sure, his drawing skills come as a surprise, but he still comes to draw Lena, not thinking that his presence might be uncomfortable for her (especially if she called him out previously). I think it classifies as a bit pervy. He's just a different kind of perv.
Ed and his wife definitely gets off to Lena.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Ed and his wife definitely gets off to Lena.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if his wife gives him handjobs at home, saying how nice it would be if it was sweet Lena doing this for him. Thing is, we don't know anything about their private life, but they sure want Lena to be comfortable with them and that's why Molly is always very supportive of her. That's why I don't know what else people are expecting of Ed to be more of a perv. Should he start groping her, making her really scared? Or give her inappropriate gifts? I don't know, I think his perviness is perfectly fine, maybe he'll subscribe to her stalkfap next and leave another "sweet" (inappropriate) comment. Or maybe Molly will ask if Lena wants to pose for Ed in private and invite her to their place, explaining that it makes her happy how Ed is able to find his passion once again. I can imagine some opportunities that are still possible with this current pace.

4.60 star(s) 319 Votes