mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
At least one more week till the writing is done, then it'll be the testing/bug-fixing phase. So, Idk. I said it's a healthy estimation because it shouldn't come later than that but eariier. My hopeful estimation is 2 more weeks but shit happens.
fake-news.jpg 1_5dkzrblSh_JcJkb-8Q7cVQ.jpeg
I can feel it its coming this week i swear pls pls pls my queen eva:cry::cry::cry::cry:

• Haha
Reactions: megusta505

Arata20

Jan 14, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And the fault is, imo, two main characters. If the author focused on only one thing (be it Lena or Ian - in comparison, Ian's path is much more interesting in terms of sexual adventures than Lena's. Although it would seem that it is much easier for a girl to find a partner for sex, but we have a game here. ), then there would be more content and the same amount of non-linearity and there would be no such fads for writing a plot and coding. I'm sure most people don't care about the "deep" plot of this visual novel. If before that Eva hadn’t had gggb, then this game would not have taken off. And i think that gggb became so popular only because of the female protagonist and the absolute freedom in what you can do with the hero. In ors, i have not noticed this yet, and again, it all resembles a cheap uninteresting tv series.
p.s. if I'm not mistaken, version 0.8 is only a fourth part of this game.

aykarin

Aug 3, 2019
I understand that delays like this one can happen once in a while and I trust Eva that her reason for delaying is good enough. But I don't like the fact that she almost stopped giving regular, weekly status reports. She can take more time with finishing/polishing the update, but she should at least provide more information about the circumstances to her followers and patrons.

Nov 15, 2020
Man, i respect that, kinda brave action. But beware - anyone who says anything different from just how great, perfect and nothing to add this game already is - going to be a target for a four-letter men army and 14yo haters of any kind around here. So if you see me, or anyone else, suggesting to notice some troubles, or unbalanced things about this game which could be fixed or improved - you just have to unsult that persone, write how much you don't care, that's the law or this thread. ^_^

Oh really? Ordinaty human can't handle with that powerfull statement... "a prism of endless possibility" - just wow!
Looks like it's another job for a MathMan! ^_^ Only he could count up to "endless". Mathman arived and he starts the count from
Finaly. For all 8 chapters, if we see v.1.0 as a release, so for v.0,8, which is going to be 80% of all the game's content:
Now it's time to count the infinity of routes, which got something more than text, a content, like scenes. It's very hard. Don't repeat it at home, only MathMan's overhuman powers can handle with this preasure on brain calculation human performance:
Axel's 1 route + Cherry's 1 route + Cindy's 1 route + Emma's 1 route + Holly's 2 routes + Ivy's 1 route + Louise's 2 routes + Mike's 1 route + Minerva's 1 route + Robert's 1 route + Seymour's 1 route + Stan's 1 route + 1 route between Ian and Lena themselfs...
View attachment 1436630
It... is... 15... routes... 15 routes is - about the 80% of future 1.0 INFINITY!
Ufff, that was hard. I need to sleep for a month after such preasure.

They say "all roads lead to Rome". In that very case "all routes lead to Ian or Lena" almost no other options in this game's world, because as we clearly see - only Lena and Ian are a kind of 2 wifi-routers for all the 1-route characters in this game,
View attachment 1436627
Only that 2 main characters got such a luxioury as an illusion of choice: unlinear choice of what linear story each of both will see, with only fake or cosmetic options on that path which they choosen or doomed to watch (like Lena, if make photos - then only with Axel, what an infinity of options...). All other characters are doomed to be involved to a one single route of they own, almost no options for anybody or negotiations asside from Lena and Ian, just very very few as a rare exception.
That's all, folks. The end of infinity.

That's just another trick. Whole this thread is full of that "what ifs" but on practice - no content for any of that ifs, just boring and vanila stuff about several 1-route stories with classical, predictable or unlogical content, soft erotic, fake options in leading to nowhere dialogs and most texts like "i don't know why, sudently i want to have sex with him\her". Just even if the dev would listen to at least 10% of randomly choosen ideas from players messages around here - it could be much better for the game quality. I wanted to say that all that "plan" doesn't seems to provide the content better than many fantasies of players in this thread. But they stay in a condition of just fantasies of players, and the content and routes are actualy still as poor as The Mathman just counted for us. ^_^
First of all: We haven't seen 80 percent of the game's content. After version 0.9 the next update will be 0.10. Eva estimated earlier that she expects to write at least 20 chapters.

Secondly: Defining the game's complexity by the number of routes is a big simplification. In many other games you simply have a couple of love interests, and then decide which of them you want to pursue; and the "routes" play out more or less the same no matter what. So one route only affects the others to a very small extent, until towards the end of the game where the developer has to decide if it's a harem game or whether you have to make some choices and/or accept some consequences for your actions.

In Our Red String everything's tied together. That doesn't give you more sex scenes, but it creates a bunch of smaller variables that in turn affects how the story plays out. Which also makes it more difficult to predict the consequences of your actions, which I think is one of the things a lot of players appreciates; instead of just more or less straightforwardly choosing "yes" or "no" to content with a specific character in the game.

Let's take Axel as an example, as he's a person we'll be seeing more of in the next chapter. Lena can either choose to not have anything to do with him, or interact with him and then say yes to the upcoming photoshoot. I'm guessing the photoshoot can either end with Lena stopping it at some point (which sets some variables for future content between them) or with a sex scene between them (which sets some different variables for future content between them).

But there's a whole bunch of other variables that could affect how the scene plays out, and how it will affect the future chapters. Whether Lena is dating Ian (or someone else) will definitely affect it. Whether Lena has developed some exhibitionist traits is also likely to affect it. The same goes for Ian's relationship to Axel; Axel's relationship to Cindy; Lena's relationship to Seymour (because of Axel's dealings with him); whether Ian is developing some voyeuristic traits; and probably several other things I can't think of at the moment.

And all of these variations make it necessary to write different dialogues and inner monologues depending on your previous choices in the game. That doesn't only make the game more interesting and worthy of several playthroughs, it's also a gigantic task for the developer.

You can count the "routes" only by the amount of potential sex partners or how many different scenes one specific chapter can end with, and you'll get a game that's only medium complex. But if you multiply all the different variables and variations in the dialogue and how it all affects each other, I suspect Mathman (that's a pretty good alter ego, I'll give you that) soon will get one of those confusing E's at the end of the number on his calculator.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Alyson - 1 route, 5 scenes - got content only with Ian and text\photo signs of nothing specific about Jeremy. Some tips about Jeremy, nothing noticable as a route.
Axel - 1 route, 2 scenes - got content only for Lena.
Cherry - 1 route, 3 scenes - got content for Ian.
Cindy - 1 route, 2 scenes - got content only for Ian. No content even about her current boyfriend Wade.
Emma - 1 route, 3 scenes - got content only for Ian.
Holly - 2 routes, 4 scenes - got content only for Ian and Lena, with possible miserable presence of Ivy on Lena's route.
Ivy - 1 route, 5 scenes (just 4 new, because 1 of scenes was counted already in Holy's list) - got content only for Lena, with possible miserable presence of Holly or Jeremy and Louise.
Louise - 2 routes, 6 scenes (5 of which new) - she apears in story as a Jeremy's gf, but can't count it as a route (just 1 bj scene, hiddenly watched by Lena), main content goes about Lena, and Ivy was masturbating for a group where was Loise too, but that not looks like an independent route either.
Mike - 1 route, 4 scenes - got content only for Lena.
Minerva - 1 route, 3 scenes - got content only for Ian.
Robert - 1 route, 8 scenes - got content only for Lena.
Seymour - 1 route, 3 scenes - got content only for Lena, with miserable unuavoidable linear presence of Axel.
Stan - 1 route, 2 scenes and appears on background jerking off on Lena's being fucked by whoever else - got content only for Lena.
Nice try, but not quite.
Alison - 4 routes. Just friends / fuck buddies / sharing with Jeremy / serious romance route. Add to that crossover with other ladies that Ian might mess with, which would impact her reaction.
Axel - 2 routes for Lena. Leave him behind for good or start working together/start thinking about him. For Ian, his route unlocks the opportunity to get to know Jessica. If Jessica is Bad (Robert or Mike routes), then Ian will probably fuck her.
Cherry - 3 routes. Ignored, helping Perry get with Cherry, or fucking Cherry yourself. Depends strongly on Alison route.
Cindy - 3 routes. Helping her patch things up with Wade, trying to hook up with her or letting Axel take the cake.
Emma - 3 routes. Fucking her yourself, helping Perry get with her or let her be on her own.
Holly - a lot of combinations based on Ian's interactions with her and Lena and whether she goes to gym with Lena (which unlocks interactions with Ivy and further, Mark). Ian can fuck her, or just kiss her, or not kiss her, or go to Wade's birthday instead or completely ignore her. Whether you count something as route is irrelevant, the variables are tracked all the same, and the story needs to account for those.
Louise - 1 more route, where she breaks up with Jeremy but Lena doesn't tap that.
Mike - 3 routes. Ignored, fuck-buddy or a serious romantic route.
Minerva - 2 routes. Casual/angry fucking or beginning of something more romantic.
Robert - 3 routes. Ignored completely, fucked with Lena but got dumped or Lena made him submit to her and continues fucking him. Impacts Lena's relationship with Ian (2 more routes).
Seymour - unlocks a job opportunity for Ian.

Beside the character routes, there are also a lot of routes exclusively for Ian and Lena, like Magazine route, MMA route, courier route, working for Seymour route (both Ian and Lena), working for Victor route, Stalkfap route, posing nude in the cafe (Ed route?), music career, etc.

If you only count the amount of pictures as routes but disregard the writing, then it just shows your ignorance/inability to look forward or plain disrespect. Either way, this exchange is over.

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
My prediction for the 0.9 release? The last 3 months in 2021.
Jokes aside...
I guess in 2 weeks it is possible.
But what I believe is that there won't be another update (after 0.9) this year.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
Nice try, but not quite.
Alison - 4 routes. Just friends / fuck buddies / sharing with Jeremy / serious romance route. Add to that crossover with other ladies that Ian might mess with, which would impact her reaction.
Axel - 2 routes for Lena. Leave him behind for good or start working together/start thinking about him. For Ian, his route unlocks the opportunity to get to know Jessica. If Jessica is Bad (Robert or Mike routes), then Ian will probably fuck her.
Cherry - 3 routes. Ignored, helping Perry get with Cherry, or fucking Cherry yourself. Depends strongly on Alison route.
Cindy - 3 routes. Helping her patch things up with Wade, trying to hook up with her or letting Axel take the cake.
Emma - 3 routes. Fucking her yourself, helping Perry get with her or let her be on her own.
Holly - a lot of combinations based on Ian's interactions with her and Lena and whether she goes to gym with Lena (which unlocks interactions with Ivy and further, Mark). Ian can fuck her, or just kiss her, or not kiss her, or go to Wade's birthday instead or completely ignore her. Whether you count something as route is irrelevant, the variables are tracked all the same, and the story needs to account for those.
Louise - 1 more route, where she breaks up with Jeremy but Lena doesn't tap that.
Mike - 3 routes. Ignored, fuck-buddy or a serious romantic route.
Minerva - 2 routes. Casual/angry fucking or beginning of something more romantic.
Robert - 3 routes. Ignored completely, fucked with Lena but got dumped or Lena made him submit to her and continues fucking him. Impacts Lena's relationship with Ian (2 more routes).
Seymour - unlocks a job opportunity for Ian.

Beside the character routes, there are also a lot of routes exclusively for Ian and Lena, like Magazine route, MMA route, courier route, working for Seymour route (both Ian and Lena), working for Victor route, Stalkfap route, posing nude in the cafe (Ed route?), music career, etc.

If you only count the amount of pictures as routes but disregard the writing, then it just shows your ignorance/inability to look forward or plain disrespect. Either way, this exchange is over.
hope there is a minvera femdom route for ian too if he follows her orders and never go against her:love:and hope for some spicy holly mike interaction if she dates ian that could be so hot andkinky if lena dont stops ivy from her evil plans:oops:

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
First of all: We haven't seen 80 percent of the game's content. After version 0.9 the next update will be 0.10. Eva estimated earlier that she expects to write at least 20 chapters.

Secondly: Defining the game's complexity by the number of routes is a big simplification. In many other games you simply have a couple of love interests, and then decide which of them you want to pursue; and the "routes" play out more or less the same no matter what. So one route only affects the others to a very small extent, until towards the end of the game where the developer has to decide if it's a harem game or whether you have to make some choices and/or accept some consequences for your actions.

In Our Red String everything's tied together. That doesn't give you more sex scenes, but it creates a bunch of smaller variables that in turn affects how the story plays out. Which also makes it more difficult to predict the consequences of your actions, which I think is one of the things a lot of players appreciates; instead of just more or less straightforwardly choosing "yes" or "no" to content with a specific character in the game.

Let's take Axel as an example, as he's a person we'll be seeing more of in the next chapter. Lena can either choose to not have anything to do with him, or interact with him and then say yes to the upcoming photoshoot. I'm guessing the photoshoot can either end with Lena stopping it at some point (which sets some variables for future content between them) or with a sex scene between them (which sets some different variables for future content between them).

But there's a whole bunch of other variables that could affect how the scene plays out, and how it will affect the future chapters. Whether Lena is dating Ian (or someone else) will definitely affect it. Whether Lena has developed some exhibitionist traits is also likely to affect it. The same goes for Ian's relationship to Axel; Axel's relationship to Cindy; Lena's relationship to Seymour (because of Axel's dealings with him); whether Ian is developing some voyeuristic traits; and probably several other things I can't think of at the moment.

And all of these variations make it necessary to write different dialogues and inner monologues depending on your previous choices in the game. That doesn't only make the game more interesting and worthy of several playthroughs, it's also a gigantic task for the developer.

You can count the "routes" only by the amount of potential sex partners or how many different scenes one specific chapter can end with, and you'll get a game that's only medium complex. But if you multiply all the different variables and variations in the dialogue and how it all affects each other, I suspect Mathman (that's a pretty good alter ego, I'll give you that) soon will get one of those confusing E's at the end of the number on his calculator.
Kudos to Eva as well. My feeble mind would explode travelling to unravel all of these relationships and make heads or tails of it when trying to formulate a coherent story.

ThePresident451

Yuno Gasai NEVER EVER follows you back
Donor
Apr 22, 2020
Man, i respect that, kinda brave action. But beware - anyone who says anything different from just how great, perfect and nothing to add this game already is - going to be a target for a four-letter men army and 14yo haters of any kind around here. So if you see me, or anyone else, suggesting to notice some troubles, or unbalanced things about this game which could be fixed or improved - you just have to unsult that persone, write how much you don't care, that's the law or this thread. ^_^

Oh really? Ordinaty human can't handle with that powerfull statement... "a prism of endless possibility" - just wow!
Looks like it's another job for a MathMan! ^_^ Only he could count up to "endless". Mathman arived and he starts the count from
Finaly. For all 8 chapters, if we see v.1.0 as a release, so for v.0,8, which is going to be 80% of all the game's content:
Now it's time to count the infinity of routes, which got something more than text, a content, like scenes. It's very hard. Don't repeat it at home, only MathMan's overhuman powers can handle with this preasure on brain calculation human performance:
Axel's 1 route + Cherry's 1 route + Cindy's 1 route + Emma's 1 route + Holly's 2 routes + Ivy's 1 route + Louise's 2 routes + Mike's 1 route + Minerva's 1 route + Robert's 1 route + Seymour's 1 route + Stan's 1 route + 1 route between Ian and Lena themselfs...
View attachment 1436630
It... is... 15... routes... 15 routes is - about the 80% of future 1.0 INFINITY!
Ufff, that was hard. I need to sleep for a month after such preasure.

They say "all roads lead to Rome". In that very case "all routes lead to Ian or Lena" almost no other options in this game's world, because as we clearly see - only Lena and Ian are a kind of 2 wifi-routers for all the 1-route characters in this game,
View attachment 1436627
Only that 2 main characters got such a luxioury as an illusion of choice: unlinear choice of what linear story each of both will see, with only fake or cosmetic options on that path which they choosen or doomed to watch (like Lena, if make photos - then only with Axel, what an infinity of options...). All other characters are doomed to be involved to a one single route of they own, almost no options for anybody or negotiations asside from Lena and Ian, just very very few as a rare exception.
That's all, folks. The end of infinity.

That's just another trick. Whole this thread is full of that "what ifs" but on practice - no content for any of that ifs, just boring and vanila stuff about several 1-route stories with classical, predictable or unlogical content, soft erotic, fake options in leading to nowhere dialogs and most texts like "i don't know why, sudently i want to have sex with him\her". Just even if the dev would listen to at least 10% of randomly choosen ideas from players messages around here - it could be much better for the game quality. I wanted to say that all that "plan" doesn't seems to provide the content better than many fantasies of players in this thread. But they stay in a condition of just fantasies of players, and the content and routes are actualy still as poor as The Mathman just counted for us. ^_^
v1_ianfap.png screenshot0020.png v1_ianfap2.png v1_ianfap3.png
screenshot0021.png

BigSexy57

Apr 13, 2019
Nice try, but not quite.
Absolutly quite. If you would read this carefully.
Now it's time to count the infinity of routes, which got something more than text, a content, like scenes.
Look, i could repeat that for the whole list, but since it is all the same - i think everybody got the idea.

The whole point of that discussion that one newcomer asked a question:
how many branches are there and how can i play all of them?
Some people started to answer like:
Many. With different playthroughs.
And you did the same.
Check out the walkthrough if you want to know that. I'll be honest, I didn't count the amount of branches since they mostly depend on your interactions with NPC. The answer is many. Probably too many (thus the delays).
But in your case of true big love to this game, no matter what, just MANY, TOO MANY and MORE THAN MANY was not enough, and you started to say things like:
But here's the thing, Math Man... It's more than a linear path. It's a prism of endless possibility, where a single choice can branch out into [256] realities, creating alternate [playthroughs] from the ones you know. I am the Watcher. I am your guide through these vast new realities. Follow me and ponder the question... "What If?"
So by all means you still trying to drag everyones attention from the evident fact that there are currently just about 15 routes, which actually could prize a newcomer with a visible art content, like scenes, for opening which players do fights for, with such an over-9000-heads-hydra as leading to nowhere, contentless, most of the dialogs options.

Last edited:

HunterWithEH

Feb 20, 2018

Chapter 9 weekly status report (7)
Hello guys,

Just a quick status report this time. I've been working mainly on writing and I'd say it's about 90% completed. I'm writing the final scenes and beats of the chapter. Meanwhile we've started testing and proofreading what is already done, polishing a bit.

I don't want to take more than a week to finish writing everything, but I've learned to not underestimate the complexity of some scenes. All I can say is that I'm closing into the finish line but I will take the time I need (hopefully not much more) to get something I'm happy with. I want to avoid wooden dialogue and formulaic scenarios and mechanics, trying to account for as many variables possible and advancing the plot in a coherent manner.

Once again, thanks for your patience, you're being awesome. Meanwhile, I'm dropping a couple final images that I teased a while back in sketch form.

Last edited:

gmen20

Dec 28, 2019

Hello guys,

Just a quick status report this time. I've been working mainly on writing and I'd say it's about 90% completed. I'm writing the final scenes and beats of the chapter. Meanwhile we've started testing and proofreading what is already done, polishing a bit.

I don't want to take more than a week to finish writing everything, but I've learned to not underestimate the complexity of some scenes. All I can say is that I'm closing into the finish line but I will take the time I need (hopefully not much more) to get something I'm happy with. I want to avoid wooden dialogue and formulaic scenarios and mechanics, trying to account for as many variables possible and advancing the plot in a coherent manner.

Once again, thanks for your patience, you're being awesome. Meanwhile, I'm dropping a couple final images that I teased a while back in sketch form.

finally some news

thank you buddy

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017

Hello guys,

good news!!!

TamaMountain

Oct 5, 2018

Hello guys,

Alison weekend trip? :oops:

One looks like a shopping mall which could be Ian shopping with Alison since that has been alluded to before, also Ian needs a way to get his new clothes.

The second preview could be Alison's room, seems standard enough. Or Cherry's since both of these girls did not have a sex scene last update.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 318 Votes