John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017

Chapter 9 weekly status report (7)
Hello guys,

Just a quick status report this time. I've been working mainly on writing and I'd say it's about 90% completed. I'm writing the final scenes and beats of the chapter. Meanwhile we've started testing and proofreading what is already done, polishing a bit.

I don't want to take more than a week to finish writing everything, but I've learned to not underestimate the complexity of some scenes. All I can say is that I'm closing into the finish line but I will take the time I need (hopefully not much more) to get something I'm happy with. I want to avoid wooden dialogue and formulaic scenarios and mechanics, trying to account for as many variables possible and advancing the plot in a coherent manner.

Once again, thanks for your patience, you're being awesome. Meanwhile, I'm dropping a couple final images that I teased a while back in sketch form.

Oh man that bedroom for me is so hard to pin point. I could see it being Cindy (Knowing how Wade is he probably would go with whatever Cindy wanted), I could see also see it fitting Alison. I know there were theories about it being Lena's childhood room or her mom's but I'm not sure. For one, it doesn't scream childhood room to me unless either her mom renovated or Lena was an unusually mature child.

Edit: After the picture of 2 people on the nightstand has been pointed out I am now entirely convinced it's Cindy. What reason would the other characters have to have a photo of what appears to be a couple?

Last edited:

dobzzz

Feb 7, 2018
Oh man that bedroom for me is so hard to pin point. I could see it being Cindy (Knowing how Wade is he probably would go with whatever Cindy wanted), I could see also see it fitting Alison. I know there were theories about it being Lena's childhood room or her mom's but I'm not sure. For one, it doesn't scream childhood room to me unless either her mom renovated or Lena was an unusually mature child.

Edit: After the picture of 2 people on the nightstand has been pointed out I am now entirely convinced it's Cindy. What reason would the other characters have to have a photo of what appears to be a couple?
There is blurred photo look at that closely

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
Alison weekend trip? :oops:

One looks like a shopping mall which could be Ian shopping with Alison since that has been alluded to before, also Ian needs a way to get his new clothes.

The second preview could be Alison's room, seems standard enough. Or Cherry's since both of these girls did not have a sex scene last update.
The two posters above the bed are a dead giveaway that this is Cindy and Wade's bedroom. You have the live, laugh, love basic-bitch poster and the Dude Weed LMAO poster.

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
Damn I really need to do a new playthrough with Cindy and Ian. Ian and Holly just don't go together as a "couple".

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
Damn I really need to do a new playthrough with Cindy and Ian. Ian and Holly just don't go together as a "couple".
You won't regret it imo! Cindy and Ian have quite a bit of variation (like how you handle Axel during the photoshoot) but it has some strong writing and good scenes.

Nov 15, 2020
If we assume that the bedroom belongs to Wade and Cindy and that there's no additional new backgrounds to the four already shared (which I think is implied by Eva's comments), that would necessarily also mean that the game will skip Lena's trip back home. Cause if there's no background for it, there won't be any scenes either.

To me that seems a bit strange, considering it was used as a cliffhanger and we know it must be a very dramatic event for Lena and her family. And unlike other cliffhangers, like Ian and Cindy getting caught, we know the consequences of it will follow immediately; it will either be the first part of Lena's chapter 9 or won't be part of the playable story at all.

Logically that should also mean that the chapter starts with Ian's point of view (which of course could include phone calls with Lena or other ways to merge her trip into the story), and then change to Lena later when she's back. It also implies that the intention of the trip isn't to introduce new characters, like Lena's brother, or completely new storylines; rather that something about the trip or her mother's condition will affect her existing relationships and life conditions.

I'd say the financial aspect of it is still likely to play an important part in this, as she'll probably need to support her family to an even bigger extent. But it might also be a good opportunity to address Lena's lack of serious relationship options. She's likely to be in an emotionally fragile state coming back from visiting her parents, so who she decides to turn to for support seems more significant than previous "booty call to Ian, Robert or Mike" choices.

Who knows, maybe Eva will use that as an opportunity to give a new dimension to some of Lena's more superficial relationships, like Louise, Jeremy or Stan? Taking Louise as an example, it would be a good opportunity to let Lena choose between getting her mind off of things by putting Louise on a leash and order her to eat her out (the usual procedure), or instead simply ask her if they could sleep together and let Louise comfort her.

Satiro

Aug 7, 2017
From my view the pictures shows 2 possible Cindy paths:

Bedroom picture: Sex or sexting with Ian?

Apartment: Axel place? When Cindy left Ian and Wade after the argument with Wade, if Ian stays with Wade or leave the Club alone, a quick smile appears in Axel´s face(the "hunter smile" looking for the helpless prey?) and disappears. Maybe Axel follows Cindy out and using charming and fast talk persuades Cindy to go with him to his apartment.... to end the night properly........

thedude

Aug 9, 2016
Apartment: Axel place? When Cindy left Ian and Wade after the argument with Wade, if Ian stays with Wade or leave the Club alone, a quick smile appears in Axel´s face(the "hunter smile" looking for the helpless prey?) and disappears. Maybe Axel follows Cindy out and using charming and fast talk persuades Cindy to go with him to his apartment.... to end the night properly........
Axel's "hunter smile" only appears if Ian told him about Lena. If they are on good terms, Axel doesn't show his evil smile.

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
If we assume that the bedroom belongs to Wade and Cindy and that there's no additional new backgrounds to the four already shared (which I think is implied by Eva's comments), that would necessarily also mean that the game will skip Lena's trip back home. Cause if there's no background for it, there won't be any scenes either.

To me that seems a bit strange, considering it was used as a cliffhanger and we know it must be a very dramatic event for Lena and her family. And unlike other cliffhangers, like Ian and Cindy getting caught, we know the consequences of it will follow immediately; it will either be the first part of Lena's chapter 9 or won't be part of the playable story at all.

Logically that should also mean that the chapter starts with Ian's point of view (which of course could include phone calls with Lena or other ways to merge her trip into the story), and then change to Lena later when she's back. It also implies that the intention of the trip isn't to introduce new characters, like Lena's brother, or completely new storylines; rather that something about the trip or her mother's condition will affect her existing relationships and life conditions.

I'd say the financial aspect of it is still likely to play an important part in this, as she'll probably need to support her family to an even bigger extent. But it might also be a good opportunity to address Lena's lack of serious relationship options. She's likely to be in an emotionally fragile state coming back from visiting her parents, so who she decides to turn to for support seems more significant than previous "booty call to Ian, Robert or Mike" choices.

Who knows, maybe Eva will use that as an opportunity to give a new dimension to some of Lena's more superficial relationships, like Louise, Jeremy or Stan? Taking Louise as an example, it would be a good opportunity to let Lena choose between getting her mind off of things by putting Louise on a leash and order her to eat her out (the usual procedure), or instead simply ask her if they could sleep together and let Louise comfort her.
I think you are implying a bit too much here :)
It is still nowhere certain to be Cindy and Wade's bedroom. Yes, the photo looks a lot like Wade but the wreath is kinda hard to swallow for someone below 50.
For the backgrounds I think you are misinterpreting the word final in ' Meanwhile, I'm dropping a couple final images that I teased a while back in sketch form. ' IMO final refers to the state of the images as in finished, not in sketch form. She never said that these are the only new backgrounds.
For me it was always clear that the trip would be limited in scope. Lena can't spend much time away as all the characters are here and new characters don't make much sense as they wouldn't (be here).
The problem with Louise is that she is the only one Lena can't sleep with (as is sleeping in the same bed). Both times Louise sleeps in Lena's bed, Lena complains about not getting enough sleep. This only happens with Louise, none of the other characters she spends the night.

Nov 15, 2020
I think you are implying a bit too much here :)
It is still nowhere certain to be Cindy and Wade's bedroom. Yes, the photo looks a lot like Wade but the wreath is kinda hard to swallow for someone below 50.
Yeah, it's speculation, I agree. But if you compare it to the picture Cindy posted in chapter 8, the colours look completely identical. It would be a pretty big coincident if another picture had the exact same colour structure.

I agree on the wreath, though. But as we know, she never goes out anymore, and Wade isn't very social with her either. So if a girl like Cindy spends way too much time at home trying to find meaningful things to do, well, I guess she'd eventually end up with wreaths.

Edit: If it is Cindy's bedroom, what I'm most worried about is the "live, laugh, love" picture. Imagine if Ian and Cindy become a couple and Ian's book becomes a huge critically aclaimed success… And the rumour then starts spreading that he's got a "live, laugh, love" picture over his bed? The guy's going to lose all his credibilty and become the laughing stock of the whole publishing industry.

For the backgrounds I think you are misinterpreting the word final in ' Meanwhile, I'm dropping a couple final images that I teased a while back in sketch form. ' IMO final refers to the state of the images as in finished, not in sketch form. She never said that these are the only new backgrounds.
Yeah, I agree on the meaning of "final", but when she posted the sketches she wrote that "Chapter 9 will feature 2 new backgrounds. Or, more precisely, will feature a new background and retroactively add another one". She didn't say explicitly that those were the only ones, but I think she would have worded it differently if it wasn't the case. (Axel's apartment and Seymour's office were, as we know, created a long time ago.)

For me it was always clear that the trip would be limited in scope. Lena can't spend much time away as all the characters are here and new characters don't make much sense as they wouldn't (be here).
I completely agree about the point on all the characters' location. But once you've strongly hinted at something like that trip happening, you have to somehow follow up on it; that's why I expected it to be a significant part of next chapter. But I guess the fact that we have two protagonists makes it easier to skip the trip and still somehow include it in the story – with phone calls from Lena to Ian or something similar.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 318 Votes