John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
Axel's "hunter smile" only appears if Ian told him about Lena. If they are on good terms, Axel doesn't show his evil smile.
Such a great detail. I never knew Axel could flash an evil grin as in most playthrough I'm either on friendly terms with him or go after Cindy

Reactions: thedude

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
Such a great detail. I never knew Axel could flash an evil grin as in most playthrough I'm either on friendly terms with him or go after Cindy
I assume he doesn't grin if you don't confess to Axel that you even know Lena (when at Shine)? Cos this grin seems to happen for me regardless of whether Ian confesses he's had sex with Lena, OR if he tells Axel that they're just friends (in a playthrough where my Ian was going after Allison and Cindy but didn't touch Lena).

I wonder if the 'fucked Lena' and 'only friends with Lena, never touched her' confessions will have differing impacts on Axel's content with Ian? In the same way that it will (presumably) have an impact on Ian and Axel's friendship if you confess about Lena at Shine versus if you tell him later, or more likely, choose not to tell him and he finds out himself. I'd like to think the impact of telling him early on may lead to them being friends (because yeah, Axel isn't happy about it, but Ian could have lied and didn't), versus if you keep it from him and probably have to fight him later on or something.

Last edited:

godoff95

Mar 15, 2018
I assume he doesn't grin if you don't confess to Axel that you even know Lena (when at Shine)? Cos this grin seems to happen for me regardless of whether Ian confesses he's had sex with Lena, OR if he tells Axel that they're just friends (in a playthrough where my Ian was going after Allison and Cindy but didn't touch Lena).

I wonder if the 'fucked Lena' and 'only friends with Lena' will have different impacts on Axel's content with Ian? In the same way that it will (presumably) have an impact on Ian and Axel's friendship if you confess about Lena at Shine versus if you tell him later, or more likely, choose not to tell him and he finds out himself. I'd like to think the impact of telling him early on may lead to them being friends (because yeah, Axel isn't happy about it, but Ian could have lied and didn't), versus if you keep it from him and probably have to fight him later on or something.
If Axel knows maybe he'll mention IanXCindy to Lena.

thedude

Aug 9, 2016
Exactly. He only doesn't grin if Ian doesn't tell him about Lena. If Ian tells him about Lena, the variable axel_knows_dating is set to true, even if they are just friends. That's the variable that triggers his evil grin during the CindyxWade debacle.

Last edited:

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
If Axel knows maybe he'll mention IanXCindy to Lena.
Okay, nevermind what I just posted and deleted. lol. My brain is tired and I didn't fully register the full implication of what you meant with that.

Yeah, telling Lena would probably end things between Ian and Lena once and for all, considering the nature of Ian and Cindy's liaison - providing Axel can prove it, like if he followed Ian and Cindy that night and took photos and 'discreetly' left them or posted them somewhere where Lena and Ian's friends could find them.

I'm probably missing something important here, but anyway!

dogedoge

Dec 4, 2018
Axel's "hunter smile" only appears if Ian told him about Lena. If they are on good terms, Axel doesn't show his evil smile.
Even when Ian doesn't tell him about about Lena (and they are on good terms), if Ian goes after Wade, Axel still leaves the club with a smug smile.
"Go after Wade":
$ renpy.block_rollback()
$ timeout_label = None
if axel_knows_dating:
"I ignored Axel and dashed after Wade."
else:
i "Sorry, I need to go."
"I dashed after Wade."
hide ian with short
$ faxel = "happy"
pause 0.5
hide axel with moveoutright

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
So what scenes are we likely to get with this new update? Cindy seems like the sure thing, but who else?

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
Yeah, it's speculation, I agree. But if you compare it to the picture Cindy posted in chapter 8, the colours look completely identical. It would be a pretty big coincident if another picture had the exact same colour structure.
But this image is just days old. How does it end up on ther nightstand. Also, isn't pictures beside the bed an 50+ thing too?

Yeah, I agree on the meaning of "final", but when she posted the sketches she wrote that "Chapter 9 will feature 2 new backgrounds. Or, more precisely, will feature a new background and retroactively add another one". She didn't say explicitly that those were the only ones, but I think she would have worded it differently if it wasn't the case. (Axel's apartment and Seymour's office were, as we know, created a long time ago.)
A, I see. I was mistakenly referring that to her last post. So, 2 new backgrounds, that is the shopping mall, the disputed bedroom, (Seymours?) office and Axel's flat. :unsure: OK, the last one isn't completely new but is is only used as background in an image. Something doesn't quite add up :). So it likely doesn't mean only 2 new backgrounds.

I completely agree about the point on all the characters' location. But once you've strongly hinted at something like that trip happening, you have to somehow follow up on it; that's why I expected it to be a significant part of next chapter. But I guess the fact that we have two protagonists makes it easier to skip the trip and still somehow include it in the story – with phone calls from Lena to Ian or something similar.
Oh, the trip will happen. But, yes, it doesn't have to take much space in the game. Lena only has to visit her mom and talk with her father and then come to a decision how to proceed.

Axel always grins after you go after Wade. If he knows about IanxLena he starts grinning before you decide whom to go after.

Last edited:

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
>Live Laugh Love picture
>Vanity Mirror
>Dream catcher over the bed
This room screams "basic bitch". This is Cindy's room, isnt it
Took one look at that room: I can see why Wade's so depressed.

Wade's brain: 'So why don't you leave her?' Lower brain: 'Well... look at her.'

It's an impossibly difficult situation.

Last edited:

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
… Though it would’ve been funny if the one thing Cindy was satisfied with in her relationship with Wade, was that she managed to persuade him to share her love for plants; only to find out that the plant he’d shown so much love and interest for all this time, actually was a cannabis plant. :D
Alright. Fan consensus. We're hiring you on as EvaKiss' back-up writer.

NaillMcDracken

Apr 23, 2020
First of all: We haven't seen 80 percent of the game's content. After version 0.9 the next update will be 0.10. Eva estimated earlier that she expects to write at least 20 chapters.

Secondly: Defining the game's complexity by the number of routes is a big simplification. In many other games you simply have a couple of love interests, and then decide which of them you want to pursue; and the "routes" play out more or less the same no matter what. So one route only affects the others to a very small extent, until towards the end of the game where the developer has to decide if it's a harem game or whether you have to make some choices and/or accept some consequences for your actions.

In Our Red String everything's tied together. That doesn't give you more sex scenes, but it creates a bunch of smaller variables that in turn affects how the story plays out. Which also makes it more difficult to predict the consequences of your actions, which I think is one of the things a lot of players appreciates; instead of just more or less straightforwardly choosing "yes" or "no" to content with a specific character in the game.

Let's take Axel as an example, as he's a person we'll be seeing more of in the next chapter. Lena can either choose to not have anything to do with him, or interact with him and then say yes to the upcoming photoshoot. I'm guessing the photoshoot can either end with Lena stopping it at some point (which sets some variables for future content between them) or with a sex scene between them (which sets some different variables for future content between them).

But there's a whole bunch of other variables that could affect how the scene plays out, and how it will affect the future chapters. Whether Lena is dating Ian (or someone else) will definitely affect it. Whether Lena has developed some exhibitionist traits is also likely to affect it. The same goes for Ian's relationship to Axel; Axel's relationship to Cindy; Lena's relationship to Seymour (because of Axel's dealings with him); whether Ian is developing some voyeuristic traits; and probably several other things I can't think of at the moment.

And all of these variations make it necessary to write different dialogues and inner monologues depending on your previous choices in the game. That doesn't only make the game more interesting and worthy of several playthroughs, it's also a gigantic task for the developer.

You can count the "routes" only by the amount of potential sex partners or how many different scenes one specific chapter can end with, and you'll get a game that's only medium complex. But if you multiply all the different variables and variations in the dialogue and how it all affects each other, I suspect Mathman (that's a pretty good alter ego, I'll give you that) soon will get one of those confusing E's at the end of the number on his calculator.
And another point is that why demand if you are not a Patreon?

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
If we assume that the bedroom belongs to Wade and Cindy and that there's no additional new backgrounds to the four already shared (which I think is implied by Eva's comments), that would necessarily also mean that the game will skip Lena's trip back home. Cause if there's no background for it, there won't be any scenes either.

To me that seems a bit strange, considering it was used as a cliffhanger and we know it must be a very dramatic event for Lena and her family. And unlike other cliffhangers, like Ian and Cindy getting caught, we know the consequences of it will follow immediately; it will either be the first part of Lena's chapter 9 or won't be part of the playable story at all.

Logically that should also mean that the chapter starts with Ian's point of view (which of course could include phone calls with Lena or other ways to merge her trip into the story), and then change to Lena later when she's back. It also implies that the intention of the trip isn't to introduce new characters, like Lena's brother, or completely new storylines; rather that something about the trip or her mother's condition will affect her existing relationships and life conditions.

I'd say the financial aspect of it is still likely to play an important part in this, as she'll probably need to support her family to an even bigger extent. But it might also be a good opportunity to address Lena's lack of serious relationship options. She's likely to be in an emotionally fragile state coming back from visiting her parents, so who she decides to turn to for support seems more significant than previous "booty call to Ian, Robert or Mike" choices.

Who knows, maybe Eva will use that as an opportunity to give a new dimension to some of Lena's more superficial relationships, like Louise, Jeremy or Stan? Taking Louise as an example, it would be a good opportunity to let Lena choose between getting her mind off of things by putting Louise on a leash and order her to eat her out (the usual procedure), or instead simply ask her if they could sleep together and let Louise comfort her.
By god, you've just figured out a plausible Stan-to-Stud path. Lena @ Stan = Shoulder to cry on. Stan @ Lena's interest in him = Confidence boost & path to self-improvement.

godoff95

Mar 15, 2018
Okay, nevermind what I just posted and deleted. lol. My brain is tired and I didn't fully register the full implication of what you meant with that.

Yeah, telling Lena would probably end things between Ian and Lena once and for all, considering the nature of Ian and Cindy's liaison - providing Axel can prove it, like if he followed Ian and Cindy that night and took photos and 'discreetly' left them or posted them somewhere where Lena and Ian's friends could find them.

I'm probably missing something important here, but anyway!
What did you write lol? Because it didn't show :LOL:. Otherwise I agree with the rest of your comment.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Zedire

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
What did you write lol? Because it didn't show :LOL:. Otherwise I agree with the rest of your comment.
It's a good thing you didn't see it, trust me. I read it back after I posted it and thought, 'What the fuck? that makes no fucking sense. I need to get rid of it'. :LOL:

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but Ian will become gay in a future update :KEK:
What's there to be sorry about? Not all of us would hate the chance for Ian to get some sweet dude-on-dude action. :sneaky::whistle:

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes