blobi692

Sep 10, 2019
by letting Cindy send Ian photos of it.
That'd be so hot tbh. Some of my favorite bits of the game are the sexting bits. The sexting from Lena is super hot and the scene where Ian is jerking to all the nudes and receive some extra motivational content from Cindy is amazing.

Edit: Also expecting Lena to give his first time to the roommate, forgot his name. Would be amazing and hilarious, I guess lol

Massi89

Dec 21, 2020

Chapter 9 weekly status report (9)
Hello everybody,
fittingly enough, this will be the last status update before the release of Chapter 9.
Getting to the finish line has been consistently harder than it appeared, but it's almost inside of reach. All that's left to do is finish some writing and a few illustrations, go over a everything to make sure the Alpha is playable and I'll finally be able to share with you the work of these past months.
My favourite moment of the development cycle, and the one that drives me, is releasing the update and reading your reactions and opinions. It's where I get my positive reinforcement from, and being so long without experiencing that moment has been draining, so I can't wait to finally release this chapter.

Hopefully the wait will be worth it!
Damn! That picture of Cindy set me on fire instantly. I get the feeling that Eva switched it to hard mode. Let's go :cool:
Chapter 8 surprised me in a good way, I wonder about chapter 9... this is easily the best erotic visual novel I've seen around.

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
Code:
Release Date: 2021-06-05
Code:
Today: 2021-10-20
These past months = FOUR months and 15 days = 19 weeks and 5 days = 137 days, 96 of which was working days
but it still need a week more... oh boy.

Wolfenstein 3D was made from zero point for 6 months, with development of its own engine.
first ever Doom was developed on hardware of 1993 for 12 months.
Doom 2: Hell on Earth was fully ready for 8 months.

and just 1 chapter of these 2D... "game", which is actually a visual novel, which uses a well known, adapted for manga-kids and anime-schoolboys (not professors, you know) ready to use by manuals engine of easiest thing ever, like RenPy, which displaying 2d pictures with text, page by page, need THAT ammount of time on hard hard hard long long long milking development.

i don't mind. really. he can make it as long as other dudes pay for it. just please don't tell that it is becoming so more complex. it uses all the same blocks of code, all the same technics of tracings, all the same all the same. so naturaly, every persone who do anything constantly - should actually become possible to make it better and faster, whatever it is. that's how people do actually grow in professionalism. but if a persone become only slower in that type of activity in which he is working - that is what they call - a degradation. so all that topic of discussion just don't fit to a word development. to be correct and consistent with reality - all that should be called a degradation of a project. than it's fine, when we call a pikestaff a pikestaff, then we got no questions "why" about all these past months. )))
Your next essay should be on the one who asked

dogedoge

Dec 4, 2018
These past months = FOUR months and 15 days = 19 weeks and 5 days = 137 days, 96 of which was working days
1.png
Wolfenstein 3D was made from zero point for 6 months, with development of its own engine.
2.png
and just 1 chapter of these 2D... "game", which is actually a visual novel, which uses a well known, adapted for manga-kids and anime-schoolboys (not professors, you know) ready to use by manuals engine of easiest thing ever, like RenPy, which displaying 2d pictures with text, page by page, need THAT ammount of time on hard hard hard long long long milking development.
3.png
i don't mind. really. he can make it as long as other dudes pay for it. just please don't tell that it is becoming so more complex. it uses all the same blocks of code, all the same technics of tracings, all the same all the same. so naturaly, every persone who do anything constantly - should actually become possible to make it better and faster, whatever it is. that's how people do actually grow in professionalism. but if a persone become only slower in that type of activity in which he is working - that is what they call - a degradation. so all that topic of discussion just don't fit to a word development. to be correct and consistent with reality - all that should be called a degradation of a project. than it's fine, when we call a pikestaff a pikestaff, then we got no questions "why" about all these past months. )))
4.png

oopsoops

Apr 29, 2020
Not really.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Man. What connection you see between a professional painter and a persone who makes tracings over screenshoted pictures?
A painter do actually thinks over the next picture to draw, choose one scene from so many stories, define own vision of it (sometimes it could be very dumb one, which usually quite adorable by an ignorant crowd and grant popularity), make composition of characters, and so on.
But for tracing a picture - you don't have to do all that, you just need to take a picture and make tracings over it, then color it with all the same ways. The more you trace and colors - the better and faster you become in tracings and colorings. It's not an art or creating masterpieces, it is a handicraft and flow line production. I think you got it, do you? )
Hang on, so you are saying the game development of ORS is just tracing over screenshots? Seriously? :oops:
Ok, I'm out....

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
Code:
Release Date: 2021-06-05
Code:
Today: 2021-10-20

You quite obviously have never actually tried to make a game yourself.
1. Basic Plot
2. Storyboard Development
3. Artwork - image sourcing, tracing, basic coloring, finishing, sorting out multi-layer overlays to display correctly
4. Coding - one word for a massive amount of workload in a multi-path, multi protagonist game
5. Variable tracking, bug testing, and corrections

That's not a complete nor entirely correct list but if you think this stuff is easy to do at the standard Eva works at, by all means, give it a go. People download a game and play it with no idea of all the work that goes into making it, and usually, some of your points wouldn't be far off, but with a project like ORS you simply have no idea of the complexity of it.

Mickey Mouse and Van Gogh's sunflowers were both 2d art, one took minutes to draw and one tore the artist's soul to shreds as he painted it.

Alex25ww

Jan 2, 2018
I wouldn't worry about Eva losing interest in the game or decreasing quality of the updates. The first option is just unimaginable because of the ambitions Eva has for this game that I think are too big for her own good. On technical level, they'll only be better. If you compare Chapter 2 Alpha with Chapter 8 Alpha, then Chapter 8 in the Alpha stage was already proofread and fairly polished, comparable to the state of Chapter 2 Final. If by "piss-poor updates" you mean the content, then this game is structured in such a way, that Eva, even if she wanted to, can't really back down on the content. Each Chapter moves the timeline forward which means plot lines also need to develop at the same time (doesn't mean at the same pace). And because the game has so many different branches and paths, Eva will have to account for all of them in some capacity while writing each update. There's just no way she could release an update with only one or two scenes (like some updates of GGGB were) without having to think about convoluted plot reasons each time the content for a certain romanceable character is not available. You could say that Eva wrote herself into a corner with this one where she HAS TO deliver a big update for each chapter. It's possible that some of the less important routes will be cut short due to sheer amount of them (I struggle testing every path, imagine writing them), but it's impossible to do that for the main characters without causing a massive outrage among patrons.

The only real danger for Eva that you may worry about is the increasing development time. And even that will have its limits. If Eva takes too big breaks, then it will make her writing even harder, because the events won't be fresh on her memory anymore. And I know that both Eva and I are more productive when we take small breaks in-between to recharge, but are still focused on the task at hand. If I have to take a one-month break from something, it's extremely hard to pull myself back into a working mode. The brain gets rusty like that and Eva knows that.
Please share some estimations about the release date.
Thank you!

drakeberg

Jan 6, 2021
Just checking, our old saves will work with chapter 9 right? I was going to do a replay of the game but I won't do it now if I need to start over when 9 comes out.

LoneVoyage

Nov 22, 2016
No the old saves will most likely not work with ch 9. It's been like that with every release of ORS.

I suggest you start a new game for ch 9.
No it's not. The heck are you talking about.
The only time saves doesn't work when 0.5 version or something. Other than that there is no problem with saves. Unless if you are use the alfa version save.

godoff95

Mar 15, 2018
No it's not. The heck are you talking about.
The only time saves doesn't work when 0.5 version or something. Other than that there is no problem with saves. Unless if you are use the alfa version save.
To be fair, some saves don't work but most do.

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
Short question: will this "JD Mod" also work with 0.9 and does it always need a new version of this mod?

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
I heard that the number of save slots is getting reduced with this impending chapter. Any advice on what to do to make this transition smooth? I can back them up, of course. Any tips on how to make it straightforward?

Reactions: BloodyMares

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
It'd be better to start the game fresh anyway because of the gallery.

The way the code works, it requires you to unlock the scene by playing it. So better to start fresh (plus it'll allow for some cleaner saves too with the change of slots). And you never know when some new lines of dialogues have been changed in the earlier chapters too to fit the narrative better. I find that I am appreciating updates more when I start fresh everytime (even if of course it's starting to take some time with how long the game is already, but that's what skip button is for so there's that too).

JoJoPool

Nov 19, 2017
Short question: will this "JD Mod" also work with 0.9 and does it always need a new version of this mod?
It needs to be updated to work with 0.9... And unless you're a patreon you will have to wait for a while (2+ weeks).
However Eva said she is implementing her own gallery in the new version and if it has a cheat to unlock everything we will no longer need that mod.

Reactions: sztrb and dobzzz
4.60 star(s) 318 Votes