NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
I heard that the number of save slots is getting reduced with this impending chapter. Any advice on what to do to make this transition smooth? I can back them up, of course. Any tips on how to make it straightforward?
I wonder what leading to this decision? Usually people ask to have more save slots, not the other way around.

Reactions: Icekatana

godoff95

Mar 15, 2018
I wonder what leading to this decision? Usually people ask to have more save slots, not the other way around.
The 4th column in the save slots will be deleted. But I think there could be an increase in the number of pages in the save slots.

TamaMountain

Oct 5, 2018
No it's not. The heck are you talking about.
The only time saves doesn't work when 0.5 version or something. Other than that there is no problem with saves. Unless if you are use the alfa version save.
So you're telling you've been using the same save file since v0.5 final for all subsequent final releases? Sure you're not missing out on any sex scenes, or dialogue changes, or even encountered any bugs? You're telling me you've not started a new game since then?

Sound advice mate, real sound. FYI I was merely telling the guy that given the choice between starting a new save now, or starting a new save for when ch 9 drops, it's better to do the latter. Don't need to be an asshole about it ;).

Last edited:
Reactions: sztrb

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
So you're telling you've been using the same save file since v0.5 final for all subsequent final releases? Sure you're not missing out on any sex scenes, or dialogue changes, or even encountered any bugs? You're telling me you've not started a new game since then?

Sound advice mate, real sound. FYI I was merely telling the guy that given the choice between starting a new save now, or starting a new save for when ch 9 drops, it's better to do the latter. Don't need to be an asshole about it ;).
I have been use an old saves file from 0.4 until now with no problem. Unless the dev themself stated that new save is recommended I'm not gonna believe a random paranoia freaks on the internet and wasted time replay from the beginning.

cognu

Aug 24, 2017
Just to clarify, to avoid confussions!

PSA: Chapter 9 has a new save slot UI. The new UI has 3 rows and 4 columns i.s.o. the previous 4x4. This effectively means that you can't access any saves that were on row 4. You might want to move them/rename them before ch9 releases.
The 4th column in the save slots will be deleted. But I think there could be an increase in the number of pages in the save slots.
It's not the 4th column!, it's the 4th row that will be removed!.

Just don't delete the 0.8 version, and see for yourself which saves you have in the 0.9 build.
If your end save is not there, then launch the 0.8 and save in a position that you will be able to see.

And FYI, due to saves:
My saves are OLD, like 0.4 or something like that and never had problems at all (I usually keep one save from final, play through alpha to see the content, and redo when the final is released with the defintive choices for each save, so all my saves essentially comes from a Final version, and that way works perfectly)

The PSA from PilotLara should be in the frontpage tbh.

godoff95

Mar 15, 2018
Just to clarify, to avoid confussions!

It's not the 4th column!, it's the 4th row that will be removed!.

Just don't delete the 0.8 version, and see for yourself which saves you have in the 0.9 build.
If your end save is not there, then launch the 0.8 and save in a position that you will be able to see.

And FYI, due to saves:
My saves are OLD, like 0.4 or something like that and never had problems at all (I usually keep one save from final, play through alpha to see the content, and redo when the final is released with the defintive choices for each save, so all my saves essentially comes from a Final version, and that way works perfectly)

The PSA from PilotLara should be in the frontpage tbh.
Thanks I have that issue

mehGusta

Aug 28, 2017
It'd be better to start the game fresh anyway because of the gallery.

The way the code works, it requires you to unlock the scene by playing it. So better to start fresh (plus it'll allow for some cleaner saves too with the change of slots). And you never know when some new lines of dialogues have been changed in the earlier chapters too to fit the narrative better. I find that I am appreciating updates more when I start fresh everytime (even if of course it's starting to take some time with how long the game is already, but that's what skip button is for so there's that too).
haha yeah, honestly the best games are the ones i play from scratch every time an update hits.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
what are your pro guesses friday saturday or sunday`?your bets bois :) I am so hyped about this update hope for some holly content too and how do we get the will points and do the relationship matter that much I think last time I had a save with louise full relationship and the other was as low as possible but i think the acted the same torwards lena.

Last edited:

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
what are your pro guesses friday saturday or sunday`?your bets bois :) I am so hyped about this update hope for some holly content too
I prefer be pessimistic and bet for 31th October. If comes early, very great and i will be happy been wrong. If comes in 31th, well i already expected for that. So, no disappointments

PilotLara

Jan 16, 2019
I see some of you still have technical questions about the new release, allow me to try and answer a few of them.

What happens to the save slots?
The bottom row will no longer be displayed, this is indeed as preparation for an official Android port. This is not a confirmation of a ch9 Android port.
(slot 13, 14, 15, and 16 to be exact)

What can I do to keep those saves?
Move them, rename them, whatever you want to call it. This can be done in at least two ways.
1. Open the game and load a save, then save it in a new slot, delete the old one. ( - slow / + allows you to read save description + view thumbnail)
2. Open the save folder with your file explorer. Saves are named X-Y-LT1.save with X being the page number and Y being the slot number. All saves with Y numbers 13, 14, 15, and 16 need to be renamed. ( + faster / - no info about the save)

Will old saves still work?
Yes, saves from the chapter 8 release are still compatible with chapter 9. Saves from earlier releases might also still be compatible but I won't vouch for that.

Will the scene gallery be included in the ch9 alpha release?
Yes, all scenes from ch1-8 are included. I've finished work on one of the MC's CH9 scenes, I'll start work on the other MC's scenes as soon as I can. Eva is not involved in this. If I can't finish them all before alpha release, don't blame Eva.

Do I need to start over to unlock gallery scenes?
Depends. For 100% unlock without cheating? Yes.
I added 90% of the triggers for the unlocks already during chapter 8 release, so those who started new saves with the ch8 final version will have most scenes unlocked.
If you have the saves, loading an old save and playing till the end of a sexy scene should unlock them in the gallery. (Triggers are placed at the end/ before transition to next scene).

I hope these answers are clear enough. Feel free to pin this.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
It's censor for Patreon, it's not part of the actual picture.
Way to spoil and kill the speculation, Lara.
inb4 she rushes to release alpha with bugs then people go "WhY sHe No pOlish!?"
That's exactly the case unfortunately, but I take all the blame for the lack of polish. I guess I'm near a burnout with ORS and that's why I was so easily distracted and barely tested anything. I suspect Lena's POV will have many more than Ian's because I won't get to test it, but Lara will probably do her best. I'll be focusing my effort to polish the Beta version.

dobzzz

Feb 7, 2018
Way to spoil and kill the speculation, Lara.

That's exactly the case unfortunately, but I take all the blame for the lack of polish. I guess I'm near a burnout with ORS and that's why I was so easily distracted and barely tested anything. I suspect Lena's POV will have many more than Ian's because I won't get to test it, but Lara will probably do her best. I'll be focusing my effort to polish the Beta version.
Do your best ...I have high expectations for this update

Reactions: John-18
4.60 star(s) 318 Votes