radoxthegreen

Oct 26, 2019
Many thanks, that is *so* much better. The text could do with maybe a slightly thicker black outline to improve readability, but that's a minor quibble. A colossal improvement.
Just to confirm that the transparent textbox and invisible quick menu mod works fine. So any other "crazy psychos" out there who want to experience the game/story unobstructed, As God Intended, give it a go. Thanks again to WhitePolarFoxxx.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Ouch.. so have not played this game since back in March.. so dev decided to use Unity without fucking knowing how to use Unity. None of the fucking audio controls work at all so the only way to turn it down or up is changing PC volume.. so can't turn down loud music and turn up other volumes. If you do not know how to use a game engine don't use it.

1. Audio controls don't work
2. Enter key does not work so awkwardly have to press space bar and not my enter key on the keypad
3. Middle mouse button can't hide text so can't even use mouse
4. Screen transitions are slow as every single screen change appears to have a fade making it way more jarring than just changing views.

The screen transitions really hurt the eyes.. you have this fading purple window and fading background all at the same time.. After a few minutes feel I am going to get a headache from it. I really preferred the old Renpy it was just clean and functional for VN.

I really hate UNITY for a damn visual novel it's all to janky.. default screens have jarring transitions, basic enter key works, H typically hides window as well as middle mouse button. Renpy is just built for VN while UNITY is most definitely NOT.

Last edited:

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Ouch.. so have not played this game since back in March.. so dev decided to use Unity without fucking knowing how to use Unity. None of the fucking audio controls work at all so the only way to turn it down or up is changing PC volume.. so can't turn down loud music and turn up other volumes. If you do not know how to use a game engine don't use it.

1. Audio controls don't work
Audio controls are input when you leave the screen, which is a quality of life fix we've been meaning to do.

2. Enter key does not work so awkwardly have to press space bar and not my enter key on the keypad
3. Middle mouse button can't hide text so can't even use mouse
These are peripheral keybind changes that you yourself can change in Unity.

4. Screen transitions are slow as every single screen change appears to have a fade making it way more jarring than just changing views.

The screen transitions really hurt the eyes.. you have this fading purple window and fading background all at the same time.. After a few minutes feel I am going to get a headache from it. I really preferred the old Renpy it was just clean and functional for VN.
The transitions had the exact same timing in the Ren'py version and were done on purpose, this has nothing to do with Unity.

I really hate UNITY for a damn visual novel it's all to janky.. default screens have jarring transitions, basic enter key works, H typically hides window as well as middle mouse button. Renpy is just built for VN while UNITY is most definitely NOT.
If two keybinds being different and a misunderstanding on why transitions work the way they do is enough to send you into a rage over a free game you got on a pirate site, they have medication for that now.

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
I love this.

It's the over-the-top multiple-season-long manga with romance, overcoming personal trauma, and existential threats I never knew I wanted to watch/read, and I'm just sad I can't binge it all now.
Thank you, glad you're enjoying it! More to come in just a few weeks!

Reactions: hmorphone

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
So in the beginning, is what we saw all there was or was Victoria getting raped by her father on the regular? Like, was her reaction just to what we saw or was it like a breaking point with a tonne of build-up that happened off-screen? Cause her reaction to CJ seems wildly disproportionate if what we saw was all there was.

• Haha
Reactions: policia123

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
So in the beginning, is what we saw all there was or was Victoria getting raped by her father on the regular? Like, was her reaction just to what we saw or was it like a breaking point with a tonne of build-up that happened off-screen? Cause her reaction to CJ seems wildly disproportionate if what we saw was all there was.
What we saw was the only thing that happened at least physically, and it was only an attempt (and even then there were circumstances outside of her father's control there, you'll see later). Vicky lost her virginity during her "rape" of CJ.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
You know, if i had one complaint to make about this game so far, and it'd be only one, it's the fact that when you're in talking heads mode the images fade between changes, the current one fades out and the new one fades in, it's jarring, like it removes a sense of consistency and realness to the conversation. Better to just have it change instantly, it feels like that's what my human eyes expect to see though i'd have never thought they work that way until now that i've seen them forced to not work that way. I know it's a game but eyes are eyes, they don't stop working like eyes just cause it's a game and people don't become transparent as they change facial expressions in real life.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I really don't get why Jaime's sex needs to be hidden from CJ, like i get at first how it was comical and awkward to just come out and say it but by chapter 20 or something when she's on a fake date with him dressed as a girl i just don't get wtf is gained by continuing in hiding it or why at that point it's still so hard to just come out with it.

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
I really don't get why Jaime's sex needs to be hidden from CJ, like i get at first how it was comical and awkward to just come out and say it but by chapter 20 or something when she's on a fake date with him dressed as a girl i just don't get wtf is gained by continuing in hiding it or why at that point it's still so hard to just come out with it.
That's the point, its stupid. the usual stupid teenager logic. She is afraid that CJ will threat her differently if he learns about it, she wants their "homies" dinamic to continue, and she fears it will change if he sees her different.
And CJ always believed his homie was a guy, no one ever corrected him on that, and at this point he believes Jamie is a very femenine dude, hell, maybe even gay, and still respects and loves his homie.

So yeah, it keeps happening because of Jamie's fear, and well... if the name of the game isnt a big hint "OUT OF TOUCH".
dont worry, its not gonna drag for much longer if you are at that point.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
dont worry, its not gonna drag for much longer if you are at that point.
Thank fuck for that, cause like, i get what you're saying and i can see it for it's utter human-ness but it still has really dragged on too long.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Erm, does the melodrama ever evolve? After the 500th "i'm the worst, i'm scum, i hate myself" followed by "no, i think you're cool, i like you, you're rad" it gets old, all these people take themselves waaaaaaay too seriously and need to be a bit more like CJ, get over this stupid shit and take action.

Like, i wasn't turned off when i read melodrama in the synopsis, i don't mind some melodrama, but it's mostly melodrama, i'm past the bit where Mizue is restored and Vic is visited by Sarah in CJ's bed and Vic is still banging on about how shit she is for the millionth time... i like this game but i'm struggling when yet another self-hating aside hits.

Edit: at least the asides often lead to this sort of comedy... CJ's face is gold.
Untitled.png

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 228 Votes