Vidaura

Jan 30, 2020
Erm, does the melodrama ever evolve? After the 500th "i'm the worst, i'm scum, i hate myself" followed by "no, i think you're cool, i like you, you're rad" it gets old, all these people take themselves waaaaaaay too seriously and need to be a bit more like CJ, get over this stupid shit and take action.
I think it does, but you have to give them their chance to face their inner demons first.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Um, is there some way to summon the cursed girl? The game made mention of trading her motes of pride for power but after that first time i've not seen a way to do another trade and i'm sitting on 20 motes now.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Um, is there some way to summon the cursed girl? The game made mention of trading her motes of pride for power but after that first time i've not seen a way to do another trade and i'm sitting on 20 motes now.
Yeah, don't worry about that for now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus
Sep 26, 2021
Chapter 35 Spoiler:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As of right now you can't do anything with the motes of power or the skills that the girls learn. At least not after that first time that you can trade motes of power to the cursed girl.

That's probably my only real complaint of Out of Touch so far, is that the gameplay elements like these RPG stats and the battle system are introduced and then abandoned pretty much immediately. iirc they are described as beta features though, so I'm wondering if the plan is to retroactively add in battle sequences and some way to meet with the cursed girl once the systems have been hammered out completely.

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Chapter 35 Spoiler:
iirc they are described as beta features though, so I'm wondering if the plan is to retroactively add in battle sequences and some way to meet with the cursed girl once the systems have been hammered out completely.
That is exactly the plan. I don’t want to delay the VN portion of the game while we deal with every hiccup involved in making combat nor do I want to rush it to keep content flowing, so adding it in when it’s ready (with the option to just play the game as it is now like a VN instead) is the ideal way to go forward.

Sep 26, 2021
Probably wise to do it that way. I've played a few games where the dev tried rework their stats system partway through and then suddenly my saves are all broken.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Probably wise to do it that way. I've played a few games where the dev tried rework their stats system partway through and then suddenly my saves are all broken.
Yeah exactly. I'm trying to strike a balance between my big-picture, completed vision for the game and the actual game as it exists now that people want more of.
The last thing I'd want to do is suddenly spring a shitty minigame on people who've been faithfully playing OoT as a VN for hours and hours already.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Or heavens forbid, a rEWoRk
Kek, we already got that out of the way. I remade the entire prologue before Ch15 came out in February of 2021.
Thankfully I did it before OoT was even a blip on anyone's radar.

Reactions: Laziness

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Kek, we already got that out of the way. I remade the entire prologue before Ch15 came out in February of 2021.
Thankfully I did it before OoT was even a blip on anyone's radar.
Incidentally, was that also before the "no sexual content" tag was removed?

david makai

Apr 29, 2022
Yeah exactly. I'm trying to strike a balance between my big-picture, completed vision for the game and the actual game as it exists now that people want more of.
The last thing I'd want to do is suddenly spring a shitty minigame on people who've been faithfully playing OoT as a VN for hours and hours already.
I'm happy to wait faithfully knowing that one day the fishing minigame will be complete

david makai

Apr 29, 2022
The real test is going to be when this hits the 50% mark and SA gets inevitably tempted by the standard hard pivot to Years of Side Content, a trap that seems to hit even the best

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Whelp, hit the content wall, i do like this game, it's got some things that bug me but no where near enough to cancel out how much i like. Mizzie is best girl, more Mizzie content please.

Highlights of my playthrough:

Reactions: Story Anon

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
Whelp, hit the content wall, i do like this game, it's got some things that bug me but no where near enough to cancel out how much i like. Mizzie is best girl, more Mizzie content please.

Highlights of my playthrough:
Some gold moments there indeed... im surprised sandpaper didnt make it. XD
a long chapter comming in 4 days...

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Hey, quick question, didn't the last scene in the most recent chapter have CJ saying he was going to see Teresa's mom with her later but then he and Leah fell asleep in bed together? Am i misremembering that?

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Hey, quick question, didn't the last scene in the most recent chapter have CJ saying he was going to see Teresa's mom with her later but then he and Leah fell asleep in bed together? Am i misremembering that?
Yes, that comes up immediately in the next chapter.

Reactions: Bingoogus
4.60 star(s) 228 Votes