buff

May 29, 2017
Are all the names in this story symbolically important?
Very doubtful (there are a lot of names). A few of them have some special value though. (Most of the English names selected by the girls were self-chosen, so you can get an idea of why they might be meaningful.)

Aug 27, 2022
Yeah letting that post steam for a few days over Christmas clearly shows how not mad you are.

But this is exactly what I was saying.

It's not hours and hours of the same trope, it's a joke that comes up approximately 4 times over the course of 7 hours into a currently 30 hour game and then completely stops being relevant.

And instead of believing me, the author, you decided to get mad enough over a single ESL shitpost to write a huge wall of text days later describing how much you value your own opinion or something.

I'm not calling you an idiot because you aren't allowed to have opinions. I'm calling you an idiot because you've made up a reason to get assblastedly upset in this thread, as if you're doing anything but embarrassing yourself further.

You are absolutely entitled to continue making an utter fool of yourself like this is the comments section of a Q-Anon video and unlike the cashiers at Walmart you've undoubtedly exploded at, I get to keep calling you a moron until you get bored and leave.
What the fuck are you on about? What does Q-Anon and Walmart have to do with anything? Its like I am talking to a child throwing a temper tantrum. Do you want me to delete my post? Would that make you happy? My problem is not with that one joke but with the fact that I feel like the MC is a bit dense. That joke only contributes to it and is not the entire reason I disliked your game. As for 'believing the other guy' - no I am not this is just my own opinion. You said the game gets better and I believe you. I just dont have the patience to sit through the parts I dislike to get to the good bits because it is long.

Did not realize minor criticism would bother you so much. I can delete it if you want - I have no interest in flinging insults. As for the text wall I think providing my reasoning about what I disliked is better than a simple 'this game sux' without explanation.

However given that you want this thread to only sing praises of the game and not criticize it in any way I can see why you would feel so offended by it.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021
What the fuck are you on about? What does Q-Anon and Walmart have to do with anything? Its like I am talking to a child throwing a temper tantrum. Do you want me to delete my post? Would that make you happy? My problem is not with that one joke but with the fact that I feel like the MC is a bit dense. That joke only contributes to it and is not the entire reason I disliked your game. As for 'believing the other guy' - no I am not this is just my own opinion. You said the game gets better and I believe you. I just dont have the patience to sit through the parts I dislike to get to the good bits because it is long.

Did not realize minor criticism would bother you so much. I can delete it if you want - I have no interest in flinging insults. As for the text wall I think providing my reasoning about what I disliked is better than a simple 'this game sux' without explanation.

However given that you want this thread to only sing praises of the game and not criticize it in any way I can see why you would feel so offended by it.
Damn, man. We already got that you don't like stupid MC from your... First post.
Why the flying heck did you get so triggered by another stupid dev's joke?

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
A suggestion.

You said your piece. done
They said theirs. done.

Nothing more to be said. If you dislike it, it is time to leave. There is no "winning" here.
What there is, is not wasting your own time so you can spend that time into something that is good for you, whatever that may be. Same can be said for the other, but I suspect the other is the developer of said game, so they have an obligation to remain. You do not. So if you value yourself, don't be controled by meaningless anger. Go and do something of value to you.

Reactions: Solak

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
Are the tags inaccurate? Why does this game not have the multiple protagonist tag?
Because it's not a multi protag game.
You see some event's from the POV of Jamie during her arc, and i guess like 3 events at the very begining and that's it.
CJ is the only MC and the one you spent 99% of the time with.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020

I will explain his joke so that we can laugh with you instead of at you:

1. You are absolutely entitled to continue making an utter fool of yourself like this is the comments section of a Q-Anon video

This line is funny because people view comment sections as a place where at times truly stupid opinions can arise, this is made even more funny because Q-Anons already use alot of faulty logic thus the comment section would build upon their already dumb ideas.

1. Unlike the cashiers at Walmart you've undoubtedly exploded at, I get to keep calling you a moron until you get bored and leave.

Now this line depends on the idea that you "go off" on rants at people who are just doing their job when it doesn't really benefit you other than expressing feelings (you call him a child despite you knowing that cant be the case). Seeing as you have done the same thing here that is not a stretch imo, however the real gold is the second line that unless you want to keep coming to a thread you arent a fan of then all you have done is given others something to chuckle about before they move on with the rest of their day.

Real surprised pikachu that someone who writes a game with a lot of comedic elements would use jokes and not talk in a 100% literal way

Aug 27, 2022
Damn, man. We already got that you don't like stupid MC from your... First post.
Why the flying heck did you get so triggered by another stupid dev's joke?
Because I thought the dev was addressing comments like mine and I did not think it was a fair comparison. And I did not get triggered - I politely pointed out it was not a fair comparison.

I get that games are a product of love but the developer really needs to stop thinking it is perfect and everybody will love it. I think I was fair with my criticism. I think I delivered it in a respectful tone. What I got instead was a child throwing a temper tantrum throwing personal insults and bringing in shit like q anon for whatever reason.

A suggestion.

You said your piece. done
They said theirs. done.

Nothing more to be said. If you dislike it, it is time to leave. There is no "winning" here.
What there is, is not wasting your own time so you can spend that time into something that is good for you, whatever that may be. Same can be said for the other, but I suspect the other is the developer of said game, so they have an obligation to remain. You do not. So if you value yourself, don't be controled by meaningless anger. Go and do something of value to you.
You are right. I will depart this thread whatever I wanted to say has already been said. I dont think the dev wants to listen to any criticism about the game so it is best to just stop.

Have a nice day!

Aug 15, 2021
Because it's not a multi protag game.
You see some event's from the POV of Jamie during her arc, and i guess like 3 events at the very begining and that's it.
CJ is the only MC and the one you spent 99% of the time with.
I see - I am admittedly only at the start of the game but the time I played as Jamie has been fairly substantial - enough to warrant the multiple protagonist tag.

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
I see - I am admittedly only at the start of the game but the time I played as Jamie has been fairly substantial - enough to warrant the multiple protagonist tag.
Considering the game is over 30+ hours now... nah, that was nothing. XD You get another one of those Jamie segments around 20 or 21, and that's pretty much it.

Aug 27, 2022
But you've continued to poop your shit two(?) days later.
Seems legit.
Because thats when I saw the post. I dont see what that has to do with anything. If you click on your profile you see the threads you replied to - I happened to click on this one.

In any case the other user was correct - there is no point continuing this conversation. I have already said what I wanted to say. It is fairly clear to me that the developer is not looking for any meaningful discussion here other than praise.

Have a nice day.

• Angry
Reactions: Soulpuppet
Aug 15, 2021
To be honest, I don't see any connection between I don't like this, please, remake it and meaningful discussion
Not trying to revive the drama but the dev did come off as overly hostile in their replies. I also agree that threads should not turn into circlejerks and people should be able to criticize freely. As for discussion 'I dont like this because of XXX' is just as valid as 'I like this because of XXX' and meaningful discussion can arise from both. In my own case for example I am not a fan of the memes/anime tropes or the MC but the story is interesting enough to want me to keep going.

I feel like longtime followers of a game can be hostile to new people expressing negative opinions - I myself am guilty of doing that in games I like (I have done this quite a lot in the Pale Carnations and Eternum threads in the past so I may be coming off as a hypocrite when I type this). But I dont see anything wrong with the posts personally except the argument went on for far too long and devolved into something ugly.

I think the best thing to happen for this thread is for a moderator to come and clean this up.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 228 Votes