kvier

Apr 30, 2018
I agree: the cinematography is top-notch. The camera is in the right place, the people are in the right place and looking in the right direction with the right facial expressions, the lighting perfectly matches the scene. One of the reviews referred to this as "staging, blocking, and lighting".

soyuyuka

Oct 4, 2018
There were some problems with Linux version development. Moreover, some new features cannot be implemented without upgrade to new Unity version.
Though it's playable on WineHQ with this fix
Don't even need fix if you have fully vulkan capable GPU. Fix is most likely only needed if you can't use dxvk. And specifically the issues with linux is that in the current version of unity it's impossible to correctly handle resolutions when multiple monitors are connected due to values given by unity functions being absolutely useless, it can be built for linux but it likely will work worse than through wine.

soyuyuka

Oct 4, 2018
Really? Then I guess I forgor to install proper nvidia driver because now h264 causes crashes on Wine. Webm works normal.
Weird. Well this fix should help anyone who has issues with hw accelerated videos but pretty sure with dxvk there should be no issues. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Well, I recently replayed the whole thing. Gotta say, I really appreciate your..."cinematography"? Not sure what to call it. Some inspirational stuff. Anyway, got some quiestions.

1. I realized that I can't quite tell whenever they travel to the other side in body or just in mind or is it differ (outside of obvious cases when they invade someone's mind)?
Generally you can tell when CJ's hair grows and his clothes change (his bandana and armband swap colors too).

2. If Jamie and Mizzie share a soul, how come can only Mizzie (Hayato at the time) got karmic marks from Hayato the elder? What does those karmic marks attach themselves to if not the soul (and, since both of the girls share one, they both should have them)?
Jamie and Mizzie have a similar predicament to Misaki and Kieran.

3. Is there a team of Avengers leftover minor shards being assembled as a support?
You'll see the guys again.

4. Will we have another group of shards as antagonists? Or do goodessess only have one proxy per world (discounting minor actors like Leah's mother)?
As you saw with Leah's family, it's a little more complicated than the gang originally thought.

5. Does Leah commands just over stuff Carpo already manifested into their world or did Leah actually took control over entirety of Carpo (at least as much as she could control as a singular mortal)?
Leah has control of the tiny sliver of power that Carpo had placed into the world. The greater, non-anthropomorphized being of Carpo is still out in-between universes. (As is Khione)

6. Was Cro always in control of Kieran, like hands of the wheel style, or was Kieran just kinda acting on thoughts, feelings and impulses from her patreon most of the time (so on her "own", but kinda under Cro's general agenda) with Cro completely taking over when important stuff needed to be done? It's just hard to imagine Cro sitting in classroom fully present, listening to teacher and doing her homework.
Misaki, Kieran and Cro would all give contradictory answers to this question.

7. Sarah pointed out somewhere at the beggining of the game that the difference between a god and a person is just the matter of power, or quantity of it. She later said something along the line of "you are vessels filled with droplets of devine" or something like that, implying that it's a qualitative difference from regular mortals. Which is it?
We're all divine :Kappa:

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Generally you can tell when CJ's hair grows and his clothes change (his bandana and armband swap colors too).
I think you misunderstood me, or i misunderstood you. It's almost always obvious that they "protect" themselves, while staying in the same place physically. But there've been at least one case (first time cj goes to the other side) when they physically transport from one place to the other afterwards.

Jamie and Mizzie have a similar predicament to Misaki and Kieran.
Do they? You know best, but from my point of view their situation is the opposite: instead of sharing the soul, they share a body. Also, while we're at it, why (and how) did Misaki had to stitch her not-physical would to begin with tool from physical world?

You'll see the guys again.
I was actually talking about this guys:

1679689017727.png

As you saw with Leah's family, it's a little more complicated than the gang originally thought.

Misaki, Kieran and Cro would all give contradictory answers to this question.

We're all divine :Kappa:
Goddamnit, story anon. I hope you aren't blue balling me just for the fun of it and we'll actually delve into those topics later into the game. Thanks for answering.

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Goddamnit, story anon. I hope you aren't blue balling me just for the fun of it and we'll actually delve into those topics later into the game. Thanks for answering.
Game's not even half over yet, so I sure hope so too.

• Haha
Reactions: Laziness

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Small plot hole: Victoria 3 has her say it's only been a month since CJ came back. Unless that 8 month time skip isn't real..?

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
Just started the game (finished chapter 15 a couple minutes ago, will continue tomorrow). Loving it so far, this is SO much more than what I expected.

The OP post and how you described and worded things really made me want to give a try, and I was absolutely not disappointed, great work!

One small question though, and it may have been asked before: is there a gallery section anywhere and I'm not finding it, or is that a feature for the future? If it even is one?

Reactions: hmorphone
4.60 star(s) 228 Votes