Wayfarer Kane

Apr 3, 2023
I don't think people have a problem with a god called Chad Thundercock, if I had to guess, the biggest problem people have is the meme picture itself, it looks out of place at that moment. I bet if he looked different (or not pictured at all) but everything else was the same people wouldn't complain/quit as much.
I think that’s the point of it, actually. The sun god _chose_ a silly image to project.

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
I don't think people have a problem with a god called Chad Thundercock, if I had to guess, the biggest problem people have is the meme picture itself, it looks out of place at that moment. I bet if he looked different (or not pictured at all) but everything else was the same people wouldn't complain/quit as much.
Yes but it would go against some of that personality that makes OoT special. If he just looked like every Zeus rip off he'd be bargain bin God Dad.

Considering his quote "what was the word used in this era? ..... Ah Yes, A Pussy" there's every chance he choose to appear as what CJ, the 14 year old kid he was, thinks is the most masculine thing imaginable, the Gigachad meme man.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
No spanish translations this time?
I would love if you did like last time and showed the english translation at the bottom whenever a character is speaking another language. Having to alt tab to google translate is a pain in the ass.

Reactions: Greily

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
Yes but it would go against some of that personality that makes OoT special. If he just looked like every Zeus rip off he'd be bargain bin God Dad.

Considering his quote "what was the word used in this era? ..... Ah Yes, A Pussy" there's every chance he choose to appear as what CJ, the 14 year old kid he was, thinks is the most masculine thing imaginable, the Gigachad meme man.
I never said he should look like Zeus, l personally liked the way it was done and had a good laugh.
This was just my opinion on what people don't like about that scene.

Ironically if he looked like Ernest Khalimov I don't think people would have as much of an issue but thats me thinking it's the out of place meme picture that sets them off.

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
No spanish translations this time?
I would love if you did like last time and showed the english translation at the bottom whenever a character is speaking another language. Having to alt tab to google translate is a pain in the ass.
There are a lot of Spanish translations in this update, as you'll see later when Teresa and Alejandra talk.

When there's no translation, I want you to look at the characters and how they're talking. You can pretty easily guess what they're saying.

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
I never said he should look like Zeus, l personally liked the way it was done and had a good laugh.
This was just my opinion on what people don't like about that scene.

Ironically if he looked like Ernest Khalimov I don't think people would have as much of an issue but thats me thinking it's the out of place meme picture that sets them off.
Yeah putting the meme directly into the game causes people to form misconceptions, even though it's supposed to be an over the top ridiculous moment.
Even though I'm not the biggest fan of voice acting, it's addition for Dad might help in that regard. It really helps tyo drive home that the scene isn't something ty

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
Nothing wrong with disliking that and there is nothing stuck up about it. I personally think that the guy has a good point and maybe the game would benefit from having a slightly more serious start. I also almost dropped it at that point because I wanted to play a game with a good story and something about seeing chad thundercock like that was a real turn off.

To me the game's quality increases dramatically as it goes on especially once you are past chapter 20. The developer is also hard working and consistent you are not going to find people churning out updates at the rate he does. So it is a real shame seeing people give up so early. You can mock people for posts like this all you want for being stuck up but it is true. More people giving it up so early also translates to less support. Without naming names for the sake of avoiding drama you will find so much mediocre semi-abandoned trash out there with more supporters than this game and it really is infuriating to me.

I think it is important for games to have a strong start that makes you invested in the story from the very beginning. It is literally the only criticism I have about this game. It took me a few hours before I got interested.
When you uncharitably interpret Chad Thundercock appearing, it looks out of place and pasted in for cheap laughs somehow unironically. When you charitably interpret him appearing and pay attention to what he actually says, it becomes a product of a god ironically trying to appeal to someone CJ's age, and given the game is set in the 2060s (?) or so, he was 50 years behind the times, literally "Out Of Touch" because he has very little sense of time. I thought it was funny all on its own, but then I made the connection with the title of the game and it made it even funnier.

Is that "unserious," as you say? Absolutely. Is it "weak" storytelling, as you also say? Only if you decide it is, without looking another layer of nuance deep. I think it's fair to characterize that as a little stuck up given the context that you missed.

If you ever find yourself finding less and less things to be funny, it's because you need to let them be funny.

Last edited:

Wayfarer Kane

Apr 3, 2023
When there's no translation, I want you to look at the characters and how they're talking. You can pretty easily guess what they're saying.
100% of the untranslated conversations are about hiding from Immigration agents.

Reactions: Greily

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Does the update end after you see the girl on the fountin?
Was this just the short little chill sessions with each of the girls? They were great. Especially Leah's. Love our golden goddess.
Just want to make sure i'm not missing something.

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
Does the update end after you see the girl on the fountin?
Was this just the short little chill sessions with each of the girls? They were great. Especially Leah's. Love our golden goddess.
Just want to make sure i'm not missing something.
Should look like this when you're done.
1680498021088.png
Yeah it was mostly side stories, still 700+ renders though so not bad for a part one.

Reactions: The ArcKnight

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
I can kind of see why ppl would turn away at the father's reveal. I think that the earlier that the tone of a story is set and revealed, the better. The second that guy appeared, I stopped caring about the lore, plotholes and almost everything, since the author decided to go for absurdity in the story's direction. That's the kind of element that makes all internal logic pretty much irrelevant.

And there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe it's just not your kind of story.

For me, I have a lot more issues with the dialog. In fact, I had to take a break from the game, because I got to a point where I wasn't really reading anything anymore, mostly because of how the dialog was being written.

I think the dev can write pretty well, all things considered. Especially descriptions and a narrador. But the dialog is killing me. Currently on chapter 20-something, so about halfway of all the available content.

Anyhow, if what you disliked about the game and made you want to drop it was the dad reveal that's fine, but it is what it is and expecting the game to be something that it isn't won't do anyone any favors. It might be that this game just isn't your cup of tea.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nennius

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
I think the dev can write pretty well, all things considered. Especially descriptions and a narrador. But the dialog is killing me. Currently on chapter 20-something, so about halfway of all the available content.
Actually mate the chapters get significantly longer as the game goes on, at chapter 20 you're only 20% (6000 out of 31000 renders) of the way through the current content. I hope you find the dialogue getting more to your liking, chapter 22-23 is when it really takes off in quality imo, as that's when the dev went full time.
It's 100% a game that cares about the emotional beats, but it isn't all doom and gloom serious stuff, there's time for a laugh here and there.
Logic feels like it goes out the window with Dad, but as you actually get deeper into the game it seems less surreal in a way, especially after the lore that's covered between 25-29.

Reactions: asmrfan23

slothen29

Aug 26, 2020
For me, I have a lot more issues with the dialog. In fact, I had to take a break from the game, because I got to a point where I wasn't really reading anything anymore, mostly because of how the dialog was being written.

I'm very curious what you mean by this. Could you give a few examples of dialogue you didn't like and say what the problem was?

One thing I find about this game is that at most there's a few lines of dialogue per render, which means that during character conversations there's a lot more to look at than just staring at the same face/perspective and reading the dialogue. I generally consider this a good thing.

Reactions: Ka1tzer
Sep 26, 2021
I actually fully intend to include a prologue revamp that I've been working on in my downtime very soon (currently bumps the render count of the prologue from 600 to almost 1000).

I want to tie the later themes of the game back into the beginning much more strongly and show how much improvement the visuals have had over the last two years.
I think I may have asked this before but do you have any plans to restore or rework the content that cut in the Patreon review?

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
I think I may have asked this before but do you have any plans to restore or rework the content that cut in the Patreon review?
I think he touched on this in the 2 year Anniversary stream, something along the lines of
"Nope it's gone forever because I like having an income"
It's not like it was anything crazy integral, your brain can still fill in the gaps.

Sep 26, 2021
I think he touched on this in the 2 year Anniversary stream, something along the lines of
"Nope it's gone forever because I like having an income"
It's not like it was anything crazy integral, your brain can still fill in the gaps.
Gotcha. I know I said "restore" in that post but I wasn't thinking that SA should try to dance around Patreon's mandates. Just seems like the white screens could be replaced by literally anything else.

Mar 13, 2023
Why does the linx download say it's v1.34? Are the updates separate and slower, is that simply the last linux version, or something else?

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
Why does the linx download say it's v1.34? Are the updates separate and slower, is that simply the last linux version, or something else?
Linux isn't currently supported with a separate version, that one is just really old and kept there by the mods.
You might be able to find a way to run the windows version in linux. Don't have any experience with that though sorry.

soyuyuka

Oct 4, 2018
Just run windows version with wine, it should run well. If you have issues with videos (lacking dxvk or proper video drivers) - search this thread, I posted alternative video bundle here which you can use.

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes