ihereou

Jul 3, 2019
Game blocks you from skipping transitions / animations / videos when you're first time on a certain scene to prevent players from accidentally clicking through scenes they haven't seen and missing something. It actually very fast and responsive. If you want to skip transition on scenes that you haven't seen before there are several options for that - one is to just double click during unskippable fade/video and it will instantly advance you (this one is described in new help menu); you can enable "skip transitions" - this will only skip single image fades, you can speed up animations with multiple fades by having "global transition time" enabled and "transition time" set to something lower; and you can enable "skip unseen" - it will completely ignore if you already seen scene or not - it will allow both using skip and skipping transitions. None of these will be enabled by default.
Yeah! It is called fading. Fading makes thing feel SO FUCKING SLOW! I don't mind being in the moment, but damn, sorry, I don't think, Zack Snyder and VN are the good fit. There are many good VN that did a good job letting the moment melt in like raining scene in Naira's story from Mythic Manor or any scenes with Lyriel from a House in the Rift. Other that, I understand. By the way, it's good that you mention that because I think I might need to uncheck skip transition.

Reactions: nightwingbluebrry13

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Yeah! It is called fading. Fading makes thing feel SO FUCKING SLOW! I don't mind being in the moment, but damn, sorry, I don't think, Zack Snyder and VN are the good fit. There are many good VN that did a good job letting the moment melt in like raining scene in Naira's story from Mythic Manor or any scenes with Lyriel from a House in the Rift. Other that, I understand. By the way, it's good that you mention that because I think I might need to uncheck skip transition.
That's why the option exists, you can pick whichever you prefer.

ihereou

Jul 3, 2019
That's why the option exists, you can pick whichever you prefer.
So the fading is intentional?

Good to know. Just don't take it too hard if it is what you want. Then it is what you got to do.
Seriously though, was there like a reason for it?

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
So the fading is intentional?

Good to know. Just don't take it too hard if it is what you want. Then it is what you got to do.
Seriously though, was there like a reason for it?
Yes it's intentional, generally a half second fade.

Out of Touch is a very visually based story where much, if not most, of the story is told in the renders rather than just the words on the screen. It's okay to stop and look at the pictures.

But again, even that's optional and any player can choose how they would like to experience the game.

ihereou

Jul 3, 2019
Yes it's intentional, generally a half second fade.

Out of Touch is a very visually based story where much, if not most, of the story is told in the renders rather than just the words on the screen. It's okay to stop and look at the pictures.

But again, even that's optional and any player can choose how they would like to experience the game.
Oh, yeah. Sometime I forgot, it is called visual novel, not novel.
Thank you
Good to know.

Well then, I will try to play as it is intended.

Beastingwalrus

Nov 23, 2021
Wow, just finished going through the prologue... the sky part was a little weird but I'm glad I pushed on... that anime-esque intro was awesome! Never seen something like that in a VN before - super excited to continue playing! I've heard so many great things about this game, and I'm so excited to continue!

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
Wow, just finished going through the prologue... the sky part was a little weird but I'm glad I pushed on... that anime-esque intro was awesome! Never seen something like that in a VN before - super excited to continue playing! I've heard so many great things about this game, and I'm so excited to continue!
Yeah the Dad is meant to be the dumbest scene in the game, and if you can survive it you should be able to swallow anything that comes after. There's not supposed to be anything as deliberately silly as Chad in that one scene, he's the bar.
It's almost a filter.
And as with most games it gets better as the game goes on and the dev gain's experience, chapter 22 is usually considered the big step up in quality as that's when the dev switched to full time. Those first 21 chapters are pretty bite sized.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Anyone knows what Carpo's theme is called?
The one that goes off whenever she's on screen, chewing the scene.

Disarace

Nov 3, 2017
Does the content end with side stories 3 or am i missing something? If yes, then you should probably put some disclamer or something where the version ends
Cool game btw, can't wait to see what'll happen next

soyuyuka

Oct 4, 2018
Does the content end with side stories 3 or am i missing something? If yes, then you should probably put some disclamer or something where the version ends
Cool game btw, can't wait to see what'll happen next
It does because this is only part 1 of ch39. Although usually there is end of content screen all town menu buttons being shown as completed should be enough to see that it's the end currently.

Jan 21, 2023
Yes but it would go against some of that personality that makes OoT special. If he just looked like every Zeus rip off he'd be bargain bin God Dad.

Considering his quote "what was the word used in this era? ..... Ah Yes, A Pussy" there's every chance he choose to appear as what CJ, the 14 year old kid he was, thinks is the most masculine thing imaginable, the Gigachad meme man.
I disagree. What makes this game special is everything that comes after Jamie's grandfather is introduced. The Chad Thundercock stuff only ends up hurting the game by driving away new players. I have seen people call it a filter - but I dont understand what it is filtering or what is the point of having that filter in the first place. Because the game shifts in tone as we progress through the story and it becomes more serious instead of doubling down on the meme humor.

Like the other person said I dont think the inclusion of Chad Thundercock is the problem but I personally think having a render of something that looks like Zeus instead of the meme would be better. But I guess if the dev thinks the meme is better suited for the game then it is what it is. I am a bit curious to see what the rework of the prologue will end up looking like. This is one of the rare exceptions where I am in support of a rework because I think a stronger start could benefit this game greatly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alandir
4.60 star(s) 228 Votes