GhostMeetsGirl

Dec 29, 2020
First of all, hello everyone!

I'm a big fan of the game and the thing I like the most is the soundtrack. I noticed there's a playlist with the soundtrack but 5 of the videos are hidden and two of them may be the songs I'm looking for.

The first one starts with a clock ticking and is used on tense situations.

The second one is a vaporwave song but looking for that here is like looking for a specific grain of sand on the beach.

Does anyone have the links to them? Thanks in advance :giggle:

soyuyuka

Oct 4, 2018
First of all, hello everyone!

I'm a big fan of the game and the thing I like the most is the soundtrack. I noticed there's a playlist with the soundtrack but 5 of the videos are hidden and two of them may be the songs I'm looking for.

The first one starts with a clock ticking and is used on tense situations.

The second one is a vaporwave song but looking for that here is like looking for a specific grain of sand on the beach.

Does anyone have the links to them? Thanks in advance :giggle:
First one is likely a variant of "Synth dreams, dank memes" (original for the game, you can find on story anon's youtube, you likely meant `weird` variant which you will have to extact from the game, but it's only a less than 20 second loop). For 2nd one just give the name from console and I'll give you full name/link. There is also playlist link I posted couple pages before from omni on discord unless you already saw that.

(segment similar to weird loop starts at around 2 minutes).

Last edited:
Reactions: GhostMeetsGirl

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I think this is the only sensible response I've seen so far. The other responders seem to have a 2 line attention span.

To address the points I've quoted, I never said anything about hating the grandpa. He is despicable, but everyone already knows that. There's no need for me to mention it.

My dislike for NTR is from feeling sorry for the husband. The other commenters missed my point about how the player isn't told until hours later in gameplay.

This leads into my response into your second point: just because the MC isn't the one being cheated on, doesn't mean it suddenly doesn't matter. I commented on this game because the developer note (not the genre tag) is devoted almost entirely to emphasizing there's no ntr. A more apt analogy would be if a restaurant assured a customer that there would be no nuts in their meal, then used peanut oil to cook it.
Your analogy is not correct because the tags and genre considerations exist within a framework. The dev doesn't "inject" NTR through some blindspot (like injecting peanuts through the oil and causing the alergy) because the genre tags refer to the player/protagonist. The dev gives exposition through a tragic story and describes the life and feelings of a selfish and shortsighted man in an extraordinary situation, leaving some parts of his character open to interpretation.

One could easily interpret this exposition as him being so miserable that he didn't even consider the possibility the girl he loved was there by her own volition and not through some form of coercion/power dynamic. There are other ways to interpret this depending on how you connect the dots, and mine isn't necessarily the "correct" one, but it still speaks to his flaws.

I understand that you, personally, may feel so bad about the "husband" that it may evoke feelings of disgust for a game which promised no cheating, but you have to put things into perspective and understand that it's your personal bias and not a deception on the developer's part. If you ask 100 people about the "cheating" content of the game, they will not even understand what you are talking about.

Your post wasn't completely unreasonable since you mentioned that the cheating doesn't happen to MC, but the way you set it up, being a member for 4 years and feeling the need to mention the cheating in this game with your first post, makes you look like you are coming in strong and overdramatic. This combined with my previous point is a recipe for disaster.

To take things even further, there are 2 points where the game shows cheating. One is Leah's mother, and the other is the one you mentioned. In both situations it ended up not being cheating (or at least, the injured party didn't give a crap about it). One was a sleazy businessman down on his luck, who tried to get business favor by whoring out his wife (so they wife ended up getting back with the school sweatheart, which created other problems and showed us again how flawed she was), and the other was a delusion.

It's like the dev is actively trying to avoid it. But cheating is something that happens in the world, and it's very fair to be used as a vehicle for character development/exposition as long as it doesn't break the "convention" the dev made with his target audience.

The convention still holds strong as far as cheating is concerned and saying otherwise is being unreasonable at this point (not saying that you did, just reinforcing the point), for the reasons I explained in the first paragraph.

Last edited:
Reactions: Story Anon

Maxies

Jan 10, 2018
Because of my own stupidity I saw the version number and was under the impression this was finished without reading anything else before downloading. After spending several days in a row cancelling plans just so I can binge this, I was absolutely heartbroken to reach the end.

Thanks StoryAnon, this game is really special.

GhostMeetsGirl

Dec 29, 2020
First one is likely a variant of "Synth dreams, dank memes" (original for the game, you can find on story anon's youtube, you likely meant `weird` variant which you will have to extact from the game, but it's only a less than 20 second loop). For 2nd one just give the name from console and I'll give you full name/link. There is also playlist link I posted couple pages before from omni on discord unless you already saw that.

(segment similar to weird loop starts at around 2 minutes).
You were right on the money with the first one, tyvm!

The second song is shown as 'arena' in the console.

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
prov2

Played up to Chapter 21:
Chapter 21 is less than 7000 renders into the game of about 35,000 now. You're not even a quarter of the way through.

It's okay to stop when you don't feel like continuing, but saying something like this:

Cons:

- Only 1 sex scene (2 more technically but they aren't given enough time or effort to count. This wouldn't matter if the magical bullshit wasn't there and the main plot was unique in any way)
Is pretty ridiculous when I have more sex scene than BADIK in a game twice as long as it, but the rest of the game just doesn't count just because you're mad.

Cons:
- Sudden magical bullshit
- Takes its magical bullshit entirely too seriously (after introducing it in the least serious way imaginable)

How the is the magical bullshit sudden when Khione appearing behind Vic is literally the first render of the game?

Did you want this game to be some sort of slice of life drama starring underage children? Because as soon as that ends is when your complaints start.

There are plenty of Koi games out there about taking advantage of underage school children, I do not make one of those.

Furthermore, saying that it takes that magical bullshit too seriously is pretty ridiculous when the very first scene of the game is Victoria's father trying to rape her because of that. That's nonsensical.

- Tone deaf twists
Completely and entirely by design. I spent hundreds of dollars hiring Gianni for that scene to make it even more ridiculous.

Wasted potential is worse to me than no potential at all. I'd rather just jerk off.
I think you went in with the expectation of a different game and are simply upset that it's not My New Family slice of life drama.

The game from the very first scene is about the spiritual side of things, and there is a gigantic fight scene 15 minutes into the game to reinforce that. If that is somehow disappointing, then I suggest you look at the OP previews of games and read their reviews more closely because none of this is a secret.

Somehow equating that with being a writing crutch is absolutely ridiculous, since that content is set up from the very second you hit play.

Last edited:

soyuyuka

Oct 4, 2018
You were right on the money with the first one, tyvm!

The second song is shown as 'arena' in the console.
That's arena by Pheonix #2772
Most tracks in the game are either original or made by artists listed in credits (mostly Phoenix #2772) with a few exceptions.

This should be on the playlist by omni I linked couple pages before in the thread (don't use playlist in the OP, it's very outdated and includes tracks that are no longer used in the game).

Reactions: GhostMeetsGirl

RealWet

Apr 15, 2022
Can there be a different source to download from for Windows? These 4 don't really work.. for me at least. Preciate it

soyuyuka

Oct 4, 2018
Can there be a different source to download from for Windows? These 4 don't really work.. for me at least. Preciate it
you can try mine. It's the original I uploaded for anon but I don't have mega pro so if a lot of people use it - it will probably get temporarily blocked or something.
Edit: Oops, sorry, it was mac link, fixed to windows one.

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
This VN does have atleast one very large issue...
The file size
its bcs the story is a big one too, isn't an insue, is a win win situation, u get a big file, and a week content of story :)

Ryan87

Aug 6, 2017
its bcs the story is a big one too, isn't an insue, is a win win situation, u get a big file, and a week content of story :)
Just my autistic brain trying to make a size joke, I was already a big fan of this since it first came out.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Me: Hm. Sure has been silent on the update front. Maybe I'll check the patreon?
> Just Now

Well I'll be damned...

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes