mazariah

Apr 27, 2017
This is one of those games I keep coming back to and always end up frustrated I don't like. I love the artwork and the story of the game. The whole zombie apocalypse with zombies that want to fuck you but when they do it actually makes you feel really good is a really interesting concept. But I just hate the hunger and stamina and infection system. I hate playing a sex game that punishes you for having sex. Because usually what ends up happening is I intentionally kill myself so I can see the sex scene and game over, then force my way through the game until I find a new area with new enemies and repeat. And there's no gallery. I want to like this so bad.
EDIT: Just noticed all the pictures are in one of the game folders so that's nice. I'd still like a gallery with the text though.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Hello all! Welcome to another weekly blog! Second one this week, since we missed one for last week.

As promised, due to the long development this time around, Claire's Quest 0.13 is now out to the public immediately. Also, please note the original 0.13 post has been updated, and we are now at the 0.13.2 patch version which addresses several more outstanding bugs.

Meanwhile, patrons will have early access to 0.14 instead. Very happy with what's been done! Need a bit of reprieve though, so I will be running the upload overnight as I sleep. Therefore, first access out by the 24th, I'd say.

For the art packs though - I'll send these all out before I head to bed. Expect them shortly!

Both March and February pledges count for early access. If you pledged in both March and February, you will receive the download link message twice in your inbox.

The next update due is for Overgrown: Genesis. With the current storyline taking the player into a brand-new, albeit militant sanctuary, the storyline will now begin to branch off in a few directions. Without spoiling too much, it is safe to say that consequences will now begin to matter in earnest.

Now that the game has sufficiently progressed, we will also be adding the Gallery function a la Claire's Quest. See, one of the tricky things about game design, especially for adult game design, is that the 'reward' is the adult content. You have to design the game in a way where it feels like your actions lead to the reward you want. In Claire's Quest, this is easier since you can steer Claire based off her attributes.

The attribute system, I've found, doesn't really work that well in O:G. I've toyed with it a little, but in general it doesn't feel right, so I'm going to overhaul it. With regards to the 'reward' for gameplay though, my solution is to have Gallery unlocks based off progression.

For example, successfully getting out of Greer will reward you with the Walker unlock in the Gallery. Getting out of the subway then gives you the Crawler unlock. And so on so forth.

This is possible in O:G due to the linear progression, something that Claire's Quest lacks and can't make use of, but I've found works fairly well with the nature of O:G.

Next, a big thing for next O:G update is a new enemy type: Mutants. They are distinguished from the Infected in a big way. The Infected are regular humans exposed to the infection who turned into zombie-like creatures bent on kidnapping and breeding human women. Mutants are the result of that breeding. Again, to avoid spoiling too much, I'll let you guys tackle the new update to find out more yourself.

That's all for now - stay tuned for more!
Hello all! Welcome to another weekly blog! Second one this week, since we missed one for last week.

As promised, due to the long development this time around, Claire's Quest 0.13 is now out to the public immediately. Also, please note the original 0.13 post has been updated, and we are now at the 0.13.2 patch version which addresses several more outstanding bugs.

Meanwhile, patrons will have early access to 0.14 instead. Very happy with what's been done! Need a bit of reprieve though, so I will be running the upload overnight as I sleep. Therefore, first access out by the 24th, I'd say.

For the art packs though - I'll send these all out before I head to bed. Expect them shortly!

Both March and February pledges count for early access. If you pledged in both March and February, you will receive the download link message twice in your inbox.

The next update due is for Overgrown: Genesis. With the current storyline taking the player into a brand-new, albeit militant sanctuary, the storyline will now begin to branch off in a few directions. Without spoiling too much, it is safe to say that consequences will now begin to matter in earnest.

Now that the game has sufficiently progressed, we will also be adding the Gallery function a la Claire's Quest. See, one of the tricky things about game design, especially for adult game design, is that the 'reward' is the adult content. You have to design the game in a way where it feels like your actions lead to the reward you want. In Claire's Quest, this is easier since you can steer Claire based off her attributes.

The attribute system, I've found, doesn't really work that well in O:G. I've toyed with it a little, but in general it doesn't feel right, so I'm going to overhaul it. With regards to the 'reward' for gameplay though, my solution is to have Gallery unlocks based off progression.

For example, successfully getting out of Greer will reward you with the Walker unlock in the Gallery. Getting out of the subway then gives you the Crawler unlock. And so on so forth.

This is possible in O:G due to the linear progression, something that Claire's Quest lacks and can't make use of, but I've found works fairly well with the nature of O:G.

Next, a big thing for next O:G update is a new enemy type: Mutants. They are distinguished from the Infected in a big way. The Infected are regular humans exposed to the infection who turned into zombie-like creatures bent on kidnapping and breeding human women. Mutants are the result of that breeding. Again, to avoid spoiling too much, I'll let you guys tackle the new update to find out more yourself.

That's all for now - stay tuned for more!

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

posted

Here's a sneak peek of the Grunt, the very first mutant enemy in Overgrown: Genesis, done by pigutao!

The introduction of mutants is a big part of the next story arc in the game. Specifically, it answers the question as to what happens to the girls who are actually dragged away by their zombie attackers?

Without spoiling too much, I can tell you that in the next segment of the game, you'll find other girls in various states of captivity, as well as engaged in various acts of debauchery.

Stay tuned!

yung greene

Nov 28, 2017
posted

Here's a sneak peek of the Grunt, the very first mutant enemy in Overgrown: Genesis, done by pigutao!

The introduction of mutants is a big part of the next story arc in the game. Specifically, it answers the question as to what happens to the girls who are actually dragged away by their zombie attackers?

Without spoiling too much, I can tell you that in the next segment of the game, you'll find other girls in various states of captivity, as well as engaged in various acts of debauchery.

Stay tuned!
don't you think juno's tits looking wayyyy to small

Rando121

Jan 27, 2018
Anyone know of other games similar to this in terms of the protagonist? I don't necessarily mean the zombie theme, but a likeable main character that just sorta happens into these sexual encounters? I've played through their other game

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
Anyone know of other games similar to this in terms of the protagonist? I don't necessarily mean the zombie theme, but a likeable main character that just sorta happens into these sexual encounters? I've played through their other game
Try Caliross.

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
I can only get into the first door with the computer. The door south of that is locked. The hallway where the crawlers are is freakin' impossible.
That's where I am stuck too. I can't get past the crawling zombies. I can kill the ones in the upper corrider, but once I get around the corner they overwhelm me.

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
Which computer? The one to the left has the password "die judy" and tells you the other guys password is "applepie" but I can't find any other functioning computer. There is a glowy computer-like thing in the room with the locked door, but you can't action on it. Is this what you mean? Is this just a bug? Or do I need to get around the corner past the crawling zombies to find another computer?

afc2112

Jan 4, 2018
I ended up going around. I had to use a lot of the escape / struggle button, plus I had to kill a few of them. It's possible.

yung greene

Nov 28, 2017
Which computer? The one to the left has the password "die judy" and tells you the other guys password is "applepie" but I can't find any other functioning computer. There is a glowy computer-like thing in the room with the locked door, but you can't action on it. Is this what you mean? Is this just a bug? Or do I need to get around the corner past the crawling zombies to find another computer?
that tile is fucked from what i remember, try to get two steps behind the computer and press enter when you facing it

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Weekly Blog 81
Mar 31 at 2:54pm
Hello all! Welcome to another weekly blog!

So there's a few minor bugs with CQ 0.14 from the people who've had it. Nothing too gamebreaking, but I might do a 0.14.2 version for the public release anyway. The refresh screen option in the Cheats menu really helps eliminate quite a few bugs that just lack the fadein/fadeout or picture erasure.

Moving along, we're now deep into development with O:G. This update is gonna be quite a handful, simply due to the amount of new assets. We've got to do some new sprites for military vehicles, mutant enemies, and so on. Also need portraits and stuff done for new key characters in the military.

One thing that's going to be a little different is the military base becomes this sort of permanent fixture. Like a base you get to return to in-between missions, breaking from the "on the run" mood of the first part of the game.

This means we've got a permanent 'trader' character, the Quartermaster, who sells Juno things like bullets in exchange for valuable scavenged goods like cigarettes. Apart from him, quite a few others as well, but not to spoil too much.

A key thing that will be "back added" will be the swarm encounters. As planned, each enemy type gets x3 types of scenes - the attack scene, the gameover scene, and the swarm gameover variation. So a Gallery is being added to the new update, that unlocks all three types of scenes for a specific enemy after you pass the stage.

Definite one I have in my head is when getting out of East Greer - this unlocks all Walker encounters.

Next one I'm planning on are the Crawler scenes. I'm actually going to re-map the subway tunnel stage, because I think it's too short at the moment. Also quite buggy. Part of this expansion includes adding the Crawler swarm ending.

Another aspect that will be very interesting is the greater function of the Bleach item. While it now clears obstacles, in the next segment of the storyline it also fills a pivotal role by weakening the bonds holding captive women in place, allowing you to free and evacuate them.

As part of the permanence of the military base, you can sort of visibly see refugees you rescued showing up and stuff. It works as a sort of central location from which the quests are launched. This part of the game, in my head, is something where you get 4-5 quests that can be completed, with only 2-3 mandatory. But if you do all available quests it results in better endings. Also how you approach the quests can differ.

Anyway, that's all for now! Check back soon!

By the way, pledges for April will be charging soon, so make sure you're at the desired tier for the rewards you want in the coming updates!

Reactions: Krull

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Sneak Peek: Grunt Gameover
Apr 2 at 3:21pm

Sneak peek of the second scene coming into the next O:G update! This is two out of five for 0.09!

This completes the incoming sets for the new Grunt enemy for now!

Stay tuned for sneak peeks of the remaining three sets!

Reactions: Krull and A01Alt
4.20 star(s) 68 Votes