Marcellogo

Jul 4, 2019
Surely the fans of Kathleen would be a minority compared to Hana/Mina but a credible and exciting character has a value in itself.
Same with Rosalind and Veronica and the other minor figures, the more good ones, the merrier.

Reactions: IndigoHawk

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
When we can expect new development progress report?
I'll get one typed up for the patreon within the next few days. We were already past due for one last week, but some family related health issues have stolen my focus and taken precedence. For a quick answer, Rosalind's content is (mostly) finished and we're currently working on Veronica's portion of the update - her mission for Kathleen and some additional scenes meant to further her and Edwin's relationship.

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
I don't think they are usually posted here.:unsure:
Nah, there already been few post here. Some people shared it.

I'll get one typed up for the patreon within the next few days. We were already past due for one last week, but some family related health issues have stolen my focus and taken precedence. For a quick answer, Rosalind's content is (mostly) finished and we're currently working on Veronica's portion of the update - her mission for Kathleen and some additional scenes meant to further her and Edwin's relationship.
Thx for quick answer! I hope it's nothing serious with you family, I wish them health, as well, as you guys.
I'm not super fan of these two characters, but as story characters I like them well enough, so despite that focus of this update will not be on my favorite characters, I'm still looking forward to it with great interest, since I'm really curious what the plot will bring for us.

• Red Heart
Reactions: TD1900

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
Victoria is up but not because of sexual feelings but because she is the protagonist's mother.
I fail to see the logic, she's S tier just because she's his mother? Not that you need to explain yourself, I'm just commenting. I can see the appeal of Kathleen though, she's the perfect MILF and I really like her "stick and carrot" approach to control us. One of my favourite scenes in the whole game is the one where she gets into a bathtub with us:
Does anybody else find it strange that the 2 most popular girls are the 2 least connected to the activities?
That's the appeal probably, we haven't seen them debase themselves, we've only got a taste of what they have to offer (so far there was a lot of teasing and some interesting, uncommon sexual activities or sexual tension), I wonder if they will remain leaders once we will have our way with them (in every possible way).

There's also the fact that many fappers gamers attach themselves emotionally to fictional characters and consider them "waifu" material. With both Mina and Hana we get some romance, with the rest it's just sex (Felicia is a bit different, probably one of the reasons she's almost as popular as H&M) and neither Veronica nor Rosalind seem to be interested in us, it's just business to them.

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
New Dev diary by TD (minus a picture, to see it become a patron):
TD said:
Dev Diary 16

Hi, there. TD here. Letting you know how development is progressing.

We are currently at 676 images and 27 animations for this update.

Progress this week has been on the slow side thanks to my end, but we are currently working on Veronica's portion of the update. I'll just say, there's a lot of potential fun to be had in a gym environment and I hope this update will let you see Veronica in a softer light. After that will come Felicia and some miscellaneous scenes meant to move various subplots along.

If luck will have it, things will be back to a more normal pace this week. Normally my writing has a comfortable lead on GIL's side of things, but my days are "pick up and go for me" at the moment due to multiple post-surgery complications that have been dogging my father since an initial procedure on April 27th. Thankfully, things have begun to feel relatively normal again and it's become easier to set aside time and focus for writing.

As always, thank you for supporting our project. The audience alone is its own reward and we hope you'll continue to enjoy Pale Carnations well into the future.
Hopefully all will go well for your father TD1900 .

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
There's also the fact that many fappers gamers attach themselves emotionally to fictional characters and consider them "waifu" material. With both Mina and Hana we get some romance, with the rest it's just sex (Felicia is a bit different, probably one of the reasons she's almost as popular as H&M) and neither Veronica nor Rosalind seem to be interested in us, it's just business to them.
Romance is very popular (source: me and my uneducated opinion :LOL:). That is probably the reason why people are hesitant to try this game when they see the tags and the description. And when they take the plunge they are so surprised how good this game is.
I got tempted by GILs renders and fell into the trap you don‘t want to get out of that is TDs writing. Now I‘m addicted to both and it‘s a glorious ride to the end.

Fuck, I don‘t want to fanboy like this.

Hisakatana

May 31, 2020
Romance is very popular (source: me and my uneducated opinion :LOL:). That is probably the reason why people are hesitant to try this game when they see the tags and the description. And when they take the plunge they are so surprised how good this game is.
I got tempted by GILs renders and fell into the trap you don‘t want to get out of that is TDs writing. Now I‘m addicted to both and it‘s a glorious ride to the end.

Fuck, I don‘t want to fanboy like this.
To add to this, a lot of people dislike seeing characters engaging in sexual activities with other characters outside of the MC, mostly with males but for some female as well. It makes sense the people involved with club activities might have a dip in popularity since we actually see them performing sexual acts while other men watch them, and in the case with one event a bit more than just watch. It's important for the story (in fact it's a huge point of the story) but when people pick favorites they're more likely lean towards characters that they don't have to see being "defiled". It makes me curious as the events ramp up if people's opinions will go up with more character development, down with the increase and severity of the sexual acts they will perform with/in front of others, or balance between the two.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
To add to this, a lot of people dislike seeing characters engaging in sexual activities with other characters outside of the MC, mostly with males but for some female as well. It makes sense the people involved with club activities might have a dip in popularity since we actually see them performing sexual acts while other men watch them, and in the case with one event a bit more than just watch. It's important for the story (in fact it's a huge point of the story) but when people pick favorites they're more likely lean towards characters that they don't have to see being "defiled". It makes me curious as the events ramp up if people's opinions will go up with more character development, down with the increase and severity of the sexual acts they will perform with/in front of others, or balance between the two.
I blame the paper thin ego crowd who have meltdowns over the mere though the some characters' lives don't revolve around the protagonist's dick. We see them often as of late crying in other threads but luckly no one came to bother this thread yet.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
The audience for this game does not appear to have much, if any, representation of that particular issue with female characters. If they did, how would Felicia be so popular? The game simply does not cater for that type of player. Those who can appreciate that not every female is solely for their pleasure, or those like me who enjoy sharing (so often mischaracterised as something else) may find something here. For the rest, there's an endless sea of games in which they can live out the fantasy (which I also enjoy) of being the one dick to rule them all.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
The audience for this game does not appear to have much, if any, representation of that particular issue with female characters. If they did, how would Felicia be so popular? The game simply does not cater for that type of player. Those who can appreciate that not every female is solely for their pleasure, or those like me who enjoy sharing (so often mischaracterised as something else) may find something here. For the rest, there's an endless sea of games in which they can live out the fantasy (which I also enjoy) of being the one dick to rule them all.
I mean, I'm here, but obviously it's not a deal-breaker for me. In fact, I'm here in spite of a lot of the content, seeing as I'm rather squeamish, and it's largely because atmosphere and characterization are so damn strong. I mean, all the girls are absolute knock-outs, and I don't just mean visually. Barring Kathleen, were they real people, I'd be liable to develop a crush on any of the main five for one reason or another, not to mention Harper and maybe even Dahlia (hard to say with her, seeing as we know next to nothing about her). And even Kathleen is sexy and respectable/admirable in her own twisted way. And I am definitely just ranting now and not at all addressing what you said.

Fuuuck, man, the writing in this game is SO GOOD.

Hrk19

Jan 24, 2020
hoh boy cant wait for that, i really do want to know how it feels to have an affectionate submissive muscular woman who is significantly taller than you.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I mean, I'm here, but obviously it's not a deal-breaker for me. In fact, I'm here in spite of a lot of the content, seeing as I'm rather squeamish, and it's largely because atmosphere and characterization are so damn strong. I mean, all the girls are absolute knock-outs, and I don't just mean visually. Barring Kathleen, were they real people, I'd be liable to develop a crush on any of the main five for one reason or another, not to mention Harper and maybe even Dahlia (hard to say with her, seeing as we know next to nothing about her). And even Kathleen is sexy and respectable/admirable in her own twisted way. And I am definitely just ranting now and not at all addressing what you said.

Fuuuck, man, the writing in this game is SO GOOD.
The mere fact you are here talking means you aren't like those cry babies. :p
By the way i agree with you about the crush specially Veronica, love a tall woman, and Hana, those tattoos are sexy (Harper too but she is a minor character).
Kathleen would give me a confuse boner since i not that into her heavy sadistic tendencies. :LOL:

hoh boy cant wait for that, i really do want to know how it feels to have an affectionate submissive muscular woman who is significantly taller than you.
I feel the contrary. With so many submissive or "vanilla-ish" (i am using the term very loosely here) women in the game i quite like that there are also two women who enjoy domineering their partners during sex, Kathleen and Veronica. This variety make my more or less eclectic taste very happy. :love:

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
I'd be liable to develop a crush on any of the main five for one reason or another, not to mention Harper and maybe even Dahlia
Same here. Harper and Dahlia look really hot. Too bad they are just side characters. But I look forward to the possibility of treating them like a normal person anyway.

Reactions: Hisakatana

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
New Dev diary by TD (minus a picture, to see it become a patron):

Hopefully all will go well for your father TD1900 .
Sorry for the delay, I've been busy at work (and still recovering from a slew of new updates to my other favorite games!). But I'm still eager for my next Carnation update, so let's do the numbers!

Based on these numbers, they completed 181 static renders and 11 animations in the ~2.5 weeks since the last update. That translates to about 104 statics (a bit lower than before) and 3.7 animations per week (a slight tick up). For those who prefer the chart format:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Looks to me like we're still a ways out from release, though that will depend on just how big the next update is. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens with Veronica (the others too, but Veronica is my favorite thus far).

Also, I'm very sorry to hear about the complications with your father's surgery, TD. I hope the worst is over and it will be smooth sailing from now on.

4.90 star(s) 474 Votes