Construct

Oct 31, 2018
I hope we get more Hana with open hair. She looked gorgeous in that morning scene. I like her usual hairstyle just the same, though

Reactions: ename144

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Man, this game is absolutely incredible. The writing, the presentation, the graphics, all of it are a clear tier above any other game I've played on this site. Hats off to the developer. Can't wait for more.

Are there any other games that fans of this can suggest that are anywhere near this well written and well made?

(I've played many of the top rated games on this site. The only two that have really came anywhere close to this IMO are Our Red String and Lessons in Love. Both very different from this, but also are very well written and unique.)
I'm slapping on an older comment I made, but I'll note some that I specifically like for their writing. Note that mediocre writing is kind of where I draw the line ('No D&D is better than bad D&D', they say), so none of the ones listed should at least strike you with bad writing. Callisto is probably the weakest writing-wise off the top of my head, probably the weakest entry overall, but other than that I think all entries here have, at the very least, alright writing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT Wow, the first spoiler basically just paraphrased everything I said the first time around, hahah! Well, at least I have consistent views, I guess.

Last edited:

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
Two really, really minor things:
1) MC is quite a clean-cut guy. From my experience and perspective, it's really rare to see this kind of guy dating (in romance sense) heavily tattoed girl like Hana. I know we are here in 'fiction' business, but psychology and personal relationships seem to be treated seriously in this game, so potential romance/dating/serious relationship between them IMO will seem very off.
*raises eyebrow*

I'm a clean-cut guy and I would date Hana in a heartbeat. She's adorable.

And I don't have a tattoo fetish, it just doesn't really register as a big thing to me. Same with all this constant "NTR" stuff you see in every single thread. Not a fetish but it's not a "OMG I will never play this game!" thing for me either.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
*raises eyebrow*

And I don't have a tattoo fetish, it just doesn't really register as a big thing to me. Same with all this constant "NTR" stuff you see in every single thread. Not a fetish but it's not a "OMG I will never play this game!" thing for me either.
I'm with you in that it's a weirdly superficial view, but I don't really think it's fair to put someone over the coals for a comment they made almost a year ago.

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
I'm with you in that it's a weirdly superficial view, but I don't really think it's fair to put someone over the coals for a comment they made almost a year ago.
Not putting anyone over the coals. I just thought it was an odd over-generalization to make. Everyone has different preferences, regardless of what they look like.

Is it considered bad etiquette here to reply to old posts? I was reading through them for fun, and when you do that you occasionally feel the need to reply to something. Personally I don't see how discussing the game or its characters could ever be a negative thing in a thread designed for that exact purpose, though I can see the point that it's different if the post I'm replying to isn't really about the characters or the story.

Reactions: fiuojui and sunaboz

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Not putting anyone over the coals. I just thought it was an odd over-generalization to make. Everyone has different preferences, regardless of what they look like.

Is it considered bad etiquette here to reply to old posts? I was reading through them for fun, and when you do that you occasionally feel the need to reply to something. Personally I don't see how discussing the game or its characters could ever be a negative thing in a thread designed for that exact purpose, though I can see the point that it's different if the post I'm replying to isn't really about the characters or the story.
Well, yes, maybe? I mean, it's not exactly rude or anything like that, but my take on it is that bringing up the point or subject of the old post is fine, but I think we - especially in these days of rampant cancel culture - need to take a step back and be mindful of pointing fingers and going "Hey, you! That thing you said long ago!"

For example, I haven't really used Facebook in years, but if someone suddenly brought up some old status update (even if I said something completely innocuous) I'd... feel kind of iffy, you know? Like, regardless of whether I stood by that opinion or not, it would feel like poor form to be on the receiving end of it.

Again, that's just my opinion. Etiquette is weird like that. Personally, I might go more along the lines of "So, I saw this old comment that said [STUFF], and it got me thinking, what are the implications of [SPOOKY IDEA THAT SEEMS TO FIT]?", for example.

Last edited:

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
Ha, this is my dilemma as well. It was really a lot easier when he was just looking like a straight up douche early on. The whole bit with him throwing you a birthday party and inviting Hana (which was a super cool move) has really made me question making moves on Mina.

(Ah, who am I kidding. I still did the first chance I got. But ... I felt a bit bad about it!)

He obviously doesn't really care about her though. Maybe we'll be able to help him realize he should set her free instead of just stabbing him in the back. (Though if we need to stab him in the back to see those scenes you can bet your ass I'm going to do so)
Same... but even still, he's got first dibs, and I hate jumping in and betrayign his trust when he's such a bro.

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
*raises eyebrow*

Replying to old posts isn't a bad thing, on the contrary, it can lead to some interesting discussions.

Regarding Hana, in general I hate tattooed women, IMO they are disfiguring themselves but since it's an erotic game and they aren't realistically looking anyway it doesn't bother me. And I disagree that Edwin is a "clean-cut guy", he's as much of a deviant as most perverts in Carnations Club (well, depending on our choices but if we want to see most of the content he is a lecherous young man who fucks everything that moves with some very sadistic tendencies).

MingoSuave

May 30, 2020
I admittedly came into this game biased against Mina with more of an interest towards felicia but I'll be damned if her innocence played out in a game filled with depravity didnt draw me in. I also love that Hana plays against type of your normal tattooed chick.

Interesting that in this game that only two lis are actually available with everybody else being in a relationship

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Ha, this is my dilemma as well. It was really a lot easier when he was just looking like a straight up douche early on. The whole bit with him throwing you a birthday party and inviting Hana (which was a super cool move) has really made me question making moves on Mina.
(Ah, who am I kidding. I still did the first chance I got. But ... I felt a bit bad about it!)
He obviously doesn't really care about her though. Maybe we'll be able to help him realize he should set her free instead of just stabbing him in the back. (Though if we need to stab him in the back to see those scenes you can bet your ass I'm going to do so)
Killian shapes up to be a great friend over the game so far. Not only in the scenes with him, but Mina for instance mentions that Killian speaks well and often about the MC. My MC will surely try to become friends with Mina, but he will NOT sabotage their relationship. No way my Edwin doing this to his friends!
I think Killian actually knows on a deeper level that Mina is special to him, there are a couple of scenes to this effect, but his upbringing and former relationships have left him too jaded to fully recognise that Mina is a type of person he won´t meet often or ever again over his lifetime.
My MC will definitely try to help him see this and help their relationship.

I hope we get more Hana with open hair. She looked gorgeous in that morning scene. I like her usual hairstyle just the same, though
Agreed, maybe we see some more scenes with her natural haircolour as well. In the concert flashback at the birthday party it seems that Hana´s natural hair is red or redish-blond.

Replying to old posts isn't a bad thing, on the contrary, it can lead to some interesting discussions.
Regarding Hana, in general I hate tattooed women, IMO they are disfiguring themselves but since it's an erotic game and they aren't realistically looking anyway it doesn't bother me. And I disagree that Edwin is a "clean-cut guy", he's as much of a deviant as most perverts in Carnations Club (well, depending on our choices but if we want to see most of the content he is a lecherous young man who fucks everything that moves with some very sadistic tendencies).
I mentioned it before, I am a bit surprised I like Hana this much, since I am not a fan of heavy tattoos either. I don´t hate them, but I agree with you that in most cases the tattoos do not fit or lessen their beauty. Rarely I see "Tats" on women which really suit them. It is a testament to how wellmade Hana´s character is that we both like her this much.
In a certain way I look forward to when Edwin´s mom meets his future girlfriend (I am on the Hana path in my playthrough) for the first time. I doubt she envisions someone like her from the decriptions on how Hana is as a person.;)

I admittedly came into this game biased against Mina with more of an interest towards felicia but I'll be damned if her innocence played out in a game filled with depravity didnt draw me in. I also love that Hana plays against type of your normal tattooed chick.
Interesting that in this game that only two lis are actually available with everybody else being in a relationship
I agree with you on Hana nand Mina personalities. I do not think there are only two loveinterests in the game, over the length of the game most, if not all female characters might be datable, but Hana and Mina are definitely the main LIs of Pale Carnations.

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
I had to go to the first page and look for a screenshot with Hana to remember what kind of tattoos she got. My stance on tattoos is pretty much neutral, as long as they are tasteful. Atleast in real life. In visual novels only a small amount of characters usually have any tattoos. But when they do it gives them an exotic, out of the ordinary look, which I find incredibly attractive.
In this game I mostly get lost in the characters eyes. I‘m pretty sure it‘s a simple eye mod, but still, the colors are so vibrant. One time I think, that this character isn‘t really of interest to me and the moment after they get a close up shot showing them with a determined look or a lustful/mischievous smirk and I‘m all for that character again... makes it really hard to focus on one of them.

Reactions: lunar517

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Killian shapes up to be a great friend over the game so far. Not only in the scenes with him, but Mina for instance mentions that Killian speaks well and often about the MC. My MC will surely try to become friends with Mina, but he will NOT sabotage their relationship. No way my Edwin doing this to his friends!
I think Killian actually knows on a deeper level that Mina is special to him, there are a couple of scenes to this effect, but his upbringing and former relationships have left him too jaded to fully recognise that Mina is a type of person he won´t meet often or ever again over his lifetime.
My MC will definitely try to help him see this and help their relationship.
I know what you mean. Mina is very cute and, the more time we spend with her, the more that I like her. I don't think Killian has treated Mina particularly well for a prolonged period of time. BUT Killian has been a true friend to the MC.

It leaves me with serious dilemma being torn in two contradictory directions, which is a credit to great storytelling.

So far I have tried to walk a path of difficult balancing. Not outright slagging Killian off to Mina but being there for her when she needs someone. I have to hope that she will break up with Killian amicably enough that Killian would mind too much the MC swooping in afterwards.

Reactions: ugz2

Flojerazul

Feb 2, 2019

As long as Edwin can fuck Mina's ass, the mission will be accomplished

Reactions: fiuojui

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Man, this might be insensitive or callous of me, but I don't think Killian's love and loyalty to MC is a reason to be friends with him. Friendly, sure, but I think true friendship needs to go deeper than that. I mean, for me, I have to appreciate you as a person in order to be friends with you.

Now, don't get me wrong, I get that puppy eyes can be fiercely disarming, but, just... ehh. I have to go sleep hours ago, but I'm sure I could rant on this for quite a while. Props to the dude who said he's gonna help Killian clean his act up though, I wouldn't have the patience for that.

Retromancer

Aug 14, 2018
I made my point, but I'd rather talk about this game. It's much better. Besides, all non Pale Carnations talk is just gonna get nuked by the moderators.

MingoSuave

May 30, 2020
I agree with you on Hana nand Mina personalities. I do not think there are only two loveinterests in the game, over the length of the game most, if not all female characters might be datable, but Hana and Mina are definitely the main LIs of Pale Carnations.
My mistake for the way I worded it I wasnt implying that they were the only two love interests, I was saying that only two of the perspective love interests are single, Hana and Veronica. Everybody else is in some stage of a relationship

Retromancer

Aug 14, 2018
I was saying that only two of the perspective love interests are single, Hana and Veronica. Everybody else is in some stage of a relationship
My impression is that Rosalind's marriage is basically over. Not legally, but I'm not sure I'd put her at a "stage in a relationship" when her husband basically abandoned her to gangsters.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
My mistake for the way I worded it I wasnt implying that they were the only two love interests, I was saying that only two of the perspective love interests are single, Hana and Veronica. Everybody else is in some stage of a relationship
I mean... Rosalind is technically married, but I really don't think she's letting him back in even if he does come back.

4.90 star(s) 477 Votes