itfod

Apr 16, 2021
A few more possible errors:

"I purged any and all concern from my head for either of our physical comforts, gripping the older woman's wrist as hard as I could - hard enough to bleach her hands white..." this is minor, but should be 'wrists' here.

Kathleen "Don't worry, you'll come around on it. You really shined on stage..." pretty sure this should be 'shone'

Ok, I'm actually up-to-date with the currently publicly released build! Frick, I'm tempted to go for the leak. LOVE Hana, and looks like she'll have ample opportunity to star in the new update!

Atchafalaya

Aug 13, 2017
A few more possible errors:

"I purged any and all concern from my head for either of our physical comforts, gripping the older woman's wrist as hard as I could - hard enough to bleach her hands white..." this is minor, but should be 'wrists' here.

Kathleen "Don't worry, you'll come around on it. You really shined on stage..." pretty sure this should be 'shone'

Ok, I'm actually up-to-date with the currently publicly released build! Frick, I'm tempted to go for the leak. LOVE Hana, and looks like she'll have ample opportunity to star in the new update!
Seems to me that "shined" is totally acceptable

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
As I said before, Hana is one of the best characters in the game. And I can tell you that the choices have meaning. The Hana path has some serious differences in it depending on your choices and that is if you go that path at all. One of the biggest if you go the "friends only" or "wooing her" ways and even there are differences with just one or two decisions made differently.
Without spoilering, some things surrounding Hana might surprise players, who are not playing the Hana path.

By the way, is PC meant to be set in England? They have door handles like in Germany and unlike the US with their strange knobs and there is the slang word for the Liverpool dialect mentioned, so... I might have overlooked some hints in earlier updates.

Another thing: When Kath and Hana talk, Kathleen says "You´ll be here awhile, if you´re just waiting for her to pass on". Shouldn´t there be an "...even if you´re..." in there, since it is conditional on Hana´s decision? No nitpicking from me, just helping this great game TD and Gil are making.

Reactions: itfod and TD1900

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Re: Ren'Py 7.4.x - my computer is neither 15 years old nor a potato, and it doesn't like Ren'Py 7.4.x.

Games made with newer Ren'Py regularly slow down on me, seeming to glitch and briefly get "stuck" when I press/click to move to the next image. It's not a huge problem, and hopefully newer versions of Ren'Py will improve this, though I am skeptical. From what I read it appears the problem is that the newer version requires a more recent graphics card than quite a lot of people have. That doesn't mean the devs shouldn't update, but I thought it worth mentioning.

For reference, you may find this interesting: - in section 2, the dev mentions performance issues and their plan to provide the game in both 7.3 and 7.4 so those who have problems with 7.4 can keep using the 7.3 version.

I can compile PC with the latest Ren'Py and see how it performs for me. I also will accept such glitches if TD1900 decides updating the engine is what they want to do.

Right, enough about that. Let's get back to discussing how great this VN is!

Reactions: sunaboz and TD1900

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Great game, but where's the changelog?
I'm wondering if I should continue here, depending on how long the update is, or wait for chapter 4.
You can find the change log within post#2686, but for convenience I'll copy and paste the relevant information below.

Ch.3 update 2 Changelog
1786 static images and 98 animations
8 new musical tracks
Animations retroactively added to these older scenes:
* Mina and Edwin during the after party - (1 clip)
* Felicia and Edwin during the after party - (3 clip)
* Lucy and Ian during the mock exhibition - (5 clips)
* Week 1 Kat Reward - (3 clips)
* Hana and Zara flashback - (4 clips)
+ Numerous old animations improved
Minor tweaks:
* Less annoying textbox
* Page counter and input box for the save/load menus
* Retroactively added a profile for Abel van Doren

Sorry, found another tensing issue:

"The dull mechanical drool of the pulleys was a shockingly sweet sound and Harped {i]shined[/i] beautifully underneath the harsh spotlight." - Unless my morning brain is playing tricks on me, that should be 'shone'
Thanks for this report, I actually had no clue what was correct either and had to look it up. Apparently...

What's the trouble? The verb shine has two past-tense forms: shined and shone. Shined and shone are competing acceptable past tense forms of the verb shine. Some (but not all) sources recommend using shined when the verb has an object and shone when it does not:
  • Grammar Girl shined her headlights at the abandoned house. (object)
  • The light shone brightly. (no object)
The meaning matters too: shined is the only acceptable past tense when you mean "polished," as in "He shined his shoes."
So, I learned something today. :)

My Ch3Up1 Saves Break when I try to Load them on Ch3Up2, when I Click Ignore it resets the Game to the beginning.
Can you provide more information? Are you using the (outdated) walk through mod?

By the way, is PC meant to be set in England? They have door handles like in Germany and unlike the US with their strange knobs and there is the slang word for the Liverpool dialect mentioned, so... I might have overlooked some hints in earlier updates.
It's a purposefully nondescript, generic US city.

The door knob thing you can ascribe to the mish-mash of assets and "take what we can get" from working in HoneySelect. Kinda like the Azura statue in the exhibition room. :HideThePain:

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Pale Carnations [Ch. 3 Update 2] [Mutt & Jeff] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC: 3,54 GB / 1,09 GB - PaleCarnations-Ch3Up2-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 3,xx GB / 1,07 GB - PaleCarnations-Ch3Up2-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC): - -

Download (Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools:
UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) - -

Last edited:

pigg

Jun 15, 2018
Re: Ren'Py 7.4.x - my computer is neither 15 years old nor a potato, and it doesn't like Ren'Py 7.4.x.

Games made with newer Ren'Py regularly slow down on me, seeming to glitch and briefly get "stuck" when I press/click to move to the next image. It's not a huge problem, and hopefully newer versions of Ren'Py will improve this, though I am skeptical. From what I read it appears the problem is that the newer version requires a more recent graphics card than quite a lot of people have. That doesn't mean the devs shouldn't update, but I thought it worth mentioning.

For reference, you may find this interesting: - in section 2, the dev mentions performance issues and their plan to provide the game in both 7.3 and 7.4 so those who have problems with 7.4 can keep using the 7.3 version.

I can compile PC with the latest Ren'Py and see how it performs for me. I also will accept such glitches if TD1900 decides updating the engine is what they want to do.

Right, enough about that. Let's get back to discussing how great this VN is!
I also had the lagging problem with this update.
Changing to Angle/DX renderer and disabling Powersave in the Shift-G menu seems to have resolved it.

Mikilande

May 21, 2018
In Game Mod for Ch3Up1 - Shows toughness and relationship changes of different options. Also has gallery unlocker. I just stumbled upon this game today, and have not yet completed it - let alone taken any potential different paths; so apologies if you hit any bugs, but should be solid I think.

Also, note this isn't a walkthrough per se, as sometimes taking a lose can lead to future, better gains.

Edit: Small mod update, added a note for score goal during Week 1 interview.
Edit 2: Small bug fix for round 2 of week 1 exhibition.
Please, updated for : Pale Carnations [Ch. 3 Update 2]
THANK YOU in advance...

Reactions: 7T Primal

danvo2004

Apr 24, 2020
In Game Mod for Ch3Up1 - Shows toughness and relationship changes of different options. Also has gallery unlocker. I just stumbled upon this game today, and have not yet completed it - let alone taken any potential different paths; so apologies if you hit any bugs, but should be solid I think.

Also, note this isn't a walkthrough per se, as sometimes taking a lose can lead to future, better gains.

Edit: Small mod update, added a note for score goal during Week 1 interview.
Edit 2: Small bug fix for round 2 of week 1 exhibition.
hi man, can't wait for updating mod ch.3 update 2, tks

4.90 star(s) 473 Votes