RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Still playing so no spoilers for now.

Love Veronica's type of domination and submission play. It is completelly different from Kathleen and her approach to BDSM. Kathleen is more calculated because of her sadistic streak but with Veronica the lust, the skinship and the whole play feels much more intimate. :love:

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
It's quite remarkable that this AVN is being supported with only 400 patrons. Being able to update an AVN of this quality consistently is pretty rare on this site. Usually, AVN's this good would take much longer to complete their updates, and even then, it's not always guaranteed that they'll bring a sufficient amount of content for those who have waited. I... really do not know why this AVN doesn't have more patrons. I literally cannot find a reason.
My guess would be that many people just see the general premise of the game and its tags and brush over it. People looking for the fast food equivalent of AVN are going to be attracted to stuff like College Kings.
I'll admit that I really don't like the more extreme fetish stuff and find it distasteful, and I can imagine many people would be turned off or turned away because of it. But it absolutely works from a narrative perspective. You know an AVN is good when its story surpasses its sexual content. You're not playing just to get your rocks off. I hope many people who may have been turned off give it a shot and be pleasantly surprised by the game.

Zongor

Mar 27, 2018
Brilliant game GIL3D, thx for posting and pls tell the devs they are on a winner. Also, I hope the teaser near the end is a sign of things to come for those of us that enjoy a bit of smoking fetish! lol Again, pls convey a big (y) if they keep going with more. Top stuff!! PaleCarnations_01.JPG

TamaMountain

Oct 5, 2018
Just finished the latest update. Is there any way for the MC to stay at home when Felicia calls or does he always leave for Mina's house?

Other than that, great update. I like the change in Veronica's look. The new hair and thick rimmed glasses are an improvement imo. I hope the new look stays. Cant wait for Hana and Felicia's content next update.

Xypher

May 1, 2017
True. This game is kilometers away when compared to College Kings, no offense intended but CK story bored me when i tried playing the game some time ago.

If F95zone actually used their own feature threads list to show off games every few months maybe that would help it (but that list haven't be updated in a long time).

Anyway, no spoilers for now but Veronica's interactions in this update are golden so far. (y) :LOL:
Yup, CK was promising at start, then overtime the story was becoming lackluster mired with bugs and bloated update sizes, and the dialogue and responses were childish or cringe at best.

Also I hope one day we can fuck Alice and that other girl Killian was with. He's an asshole but still the MC's bro.

Also that cliffhanger at the end got me blueballed... I can't wait for the next update!

Reactions: Zongor

EMH

Apr 19, 2018
Excellent update, as usual. The art is excellent, but the most important is the eroticism of the scenes. It's really hard to find interesting games with great graphics and original scenes, and this game succeeds in all areas. This is definitely my favorite game ! :love:

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
I can't believe I'm actually writing this.. I genuinely missed Kath being around this update (outside of contextual ones w/ Hana)

While I find her character hot in all the best and worst ways, let's be honest, as a person, a human being, she's vile and insufferable.

That said, come on, you cannot deny things get interesting whenever she's around, especially if you earn her trust. She's a catalyst for glorious debauchery and character/plot development in all the most depraved(best) ways. I absolutely love and loathe her as a character, which I think is kind of what they're aiming for.

Can't wait to see more of that heartless, ruthless vixen.

Edit: Forgot to add, loved the update. 10/10

Last edited:

Xypher

May 1, 2017
I can't believe I'm actually writing this.. I genuinely missed Kath being around this update (outside of contextual ones w/ Hana)

While I find her character hot in all the best and worst ways, let's be honest, as a person, a human being, she's vile and insufferable.

That said, come on, you cannot deny things get interesting whenever she's around, especially if you earn her trust. She's a catalyst for glorious debauchery and character/plot development in all the most depraved(best) ways. I absolutely love and loathe her as a character, which I think is kind of what they're aiming for.

Can't wait to see more of that heartless, ruthless vixen.

Edit: Forgot to add, loved the update. 10/10
She is cunning and ruthless no doubt about it, I hope their would be an endgame to put that bitch in her place or dominate her.

albul

Jun 8, 2017
It's quite remarkable that this AVN is being supported with only 400 patrons. Being able to update an AVN of this quality consistently is pretty rare on this site. Usually, AVN's this good would take much longer to complete their updates, and even then, it's not always guaranteed that they'll bring a sufficient amount of content for those who have waited. I... really do not know why this AVN doesn't have more patrons. I literally cannot find a reason.

This story is quite interesting and unique. It's the only story that I know of on this site to take such an in-depth look at prostitution and what drives women into that kind of field. I was skeptical at first, but as the story progressed, I grew to recognize the true quality of this AVN. The MC is not bland, static, nor flat, as is the case for most Main Characters of the AVN's being published on this site. The LI's are also very well-written. Even the side characters are given personalities that they stay true to throughout the AVN. It felt like a breath of fresh air to find a gem like this on this site. The antagonists are not cliche, and I frequently found myself wondering what they were up to throughout the story. To put it simply, the idea of creating a story centered around a character trying to make their financial situation better by working for a high-class brothel was simply genius. It's not something I'd normally think about or expect when looking for AVN's with good stories. Just putting the MC into a situation where their morals would constantly be challenged and put into question... it's something new and interesting. And I love it.

On a less serious note, this is the first AVN of this art style that I have ever played. When I download and play/read these AVN's, I don't do it for the lewd content at all. I mean the adult aspects are pluses, but they're not the main reason I look at these AVN's. That being said, I was totally unprepared for how attracted I'd be towards Veronica. I mean, I'm not gay or even bi, but there's just something about her that gets me going lol. This is the first time an AVN character has piqued my interest beyond writing. This AVN definitely deserves more patrons...

Edit: Sorry but I have to rant a bit. It seriously boggles my mind that AVN's like College Kings have 3,000+ patrons and yet the quality is so low. Just about everything in Pale Carnations is better than College Kings. And it's not even like a few small differences or anything. Pale Carnations is so much better that it would be hilarious to compare them. The art is leagues above CK, writing and plot are both worlds above, heck, even the lewd scenes are on another level. I really don't get it. I seriously cannot find a reason as to why Pale Carnations does not have as many patrons as that AVN. Like what is going on here? Lol
Don't know for how many others this applies to, but the backdrop of the story makes it really unattractive (to me). I lurk on this thread once every few months because I keep seeing people recommending it. And each time, I read more about it and I remember why I never tried it before. I just can't bring myself to consider prostitutes valid LIs and that makes me care very little about those characters. Comparing it to CK, I did try it, but didn't like it in the end. But I still tried it.

So that may be the big difference, more people are willing to try to something like CK compared to Pale Carnations, so the chances may be higher of more people sticking around.

Anyways, back to the shadows for me, it's been interesting to read the impressions for this update.

Last edited:

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019

This story is quite interesting and unique. It's the only story that I know of on this site to take such an in-depth look at prostitution and what drives women into that kind of field. I was skeptical at first, but as the story progressed, I grew to recognize the true quality of this AVN. The MC is not bland, static, nor flat, as is the case for most Main Characters of the AVN's being published on this site. The LI's are also very well-written. Even the side characters are given personalities that they stay true to throughout the AVN. It felt like a breath of fresh air to find a gem like this on this site. The antagonists are not cliche, and I frequently found myself wondering what they were up to throughout the story. To put it simply, the idea of creating a story centered around a character trying to make their financial situation better by working for a high-class brothel was simply genius. It's not something I'd normally think about or expect when looking for AVN's with good stories. Just putting the MC into a situation where their morals would constantly be challenged and put into question... it's something new and interesting. And I love it.

On a less serious note, this is the first AVN of this art style that I have ever played. When I download and play/read these AVN's, I don't do it for the lewd content at all. I mean the adult aspects are pluses, but they're not the main reason I look at these AVN's. That being said, I was totally unprepared for how attracted I'd be towards Veronica. I mean, I'm not gay or even bi, but there's just something about her that gets me going lol. This is the first time an AVN character has piqued my interest beyond writing. This AVN definitely deserves more patrons...

Edit: Sorry but I have to rant a bit. It seriously boggles my mind that AVN's like College Kings have 3,000+ patrons and yet the quality is so low. Just about everything in Pale Carnations is better than College Kings. And it's not even like a few small differences or anything. Pale Carnations is so much better that it would be hilarious to compare them. The art is leagues above CK, writing and plot are both worlds above, heck, even the lewd scenes are on another level. I really don't get it. I seriously cannot find a reason as to why Pale Carnations does not have as many patrons as that AVN. Like what is going on here? Lol
Mostly no time to do much but lurk, but I had to respond to this post. I think the bottom line is that it says more about the audiences that consume this kind of thing rather than the games themselves. It is quite rare that the most popular things - on a macro scale with mainstream audiences - are the pinnacle of quality and artistic merit. Anyway, carry on and looking forward to playing the update soon!

GIL3D

Illusionist
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2019
Don't know for how many others this applies to, but the backdrop of the story makes it really unattractive (to me). I lurk on this thread once every few months because I keep seeing people recommending it. And each time, I read more about it and I remember why I never tried it before. I just can't bring myself to consider prostitutes valid LIs and that makes me care very little about those characters. Comparing it to CK, I did try it, but didn't like it in the end. But I still tried it.

So that may be the big difference, more people are willing to try to something like CK compared to Pale Carnations, so the chances may be higher of more people sticking around.

Anyways, back to the shadows for me, it's been interesting to read the impressions for this update.
That is some remarkable ambivalence, I'm surprised you never gave us a try. I would argue none of the heroines are actual prostitutes, but your mileage may vary. In fact, I would consider other well established and respected professions true whores well before these desperate women. I guess it's like calling a starving boy who steals an apple a criminal. Technically, you might be right... but really?

My 2c would be, don't let prejudice get in the way of a good time. Discovering you're wrong about something and changing your mind is, most of the time, a wonderful experience as a human being. All in all, I just want to share this product of our passion for others to enjoy, but truly, perhaps it's just not for you.

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020

I think that what it all comes down to is a case of being open-minded. People look at the tags and are immediately put off by the AVN. They see that there is no virgin princess for them to conquer, and no harem that they can have endless fun with. Pale Carnations does indeed stray away from what's normally seen here on F95. Yet, that's what makes it so special. We're not talking about run-of-the-mill prostitutes manipulated into sex work due to some kind of addiction. These are women with lives who'd much rather be doing anything else with their time(with the exception of one). Women with no other alternatives and with their backs against the wall. Women who would normally not have been caught dead in such a place as a brothel. It's so much more complex than simply turning women into prostitutes. At the end of the day, everyone does indeed have their own tastes and they're entitled to that. I just feel as if people should be more open-minded when it comes to AVN's, especially AVN's like this. We can't always take things for face value.

Personally, I don't see how people can judge an AVN that they've never even played.

Last edited:

STkems

Dec 6, 2018
If you think that you won't be able to care for the Carnations as LIs, just know that there are non-prostitutes you can romantically get involved with.
And if you can't stand the idea of the club itself, just helping the Carnations through their ordeals and maybe in the end shutting down the club (if possible; speculation on my part, but not completely unfounded I think) should be also a viable approach.

Lastly, as someone who wasn't too keen about the game from initial descriptions, I'm very glad I gave it a chance. So of course that is my recommendation to you as well; just give it a go.

delacroix2

Nov 19, 2020

I agree with you , it's a great game and deserves more support but we must recognize that there're genres that attract audiences and others that push them away. Prostitution as main story isn't for everyone.

Last edited:

Xypher

May 1, 2017
What really sold me in for this game, besides the tagged fetishes initially, was the story and dialogue, its so captivating. Most of the time I would just skip the text since they tend to be boring or tedious but the way the it describes the erotic scenes and the narrative captures my attention, especially choosing how would MC react in the narrative, also how well written the characters are and their motives.

4.90 star(s) 477 Votes