mginvoke

Sep 29, 2020
I know the last update just released recently but how often is this expected to update? Like, is it likely we get another update before 2022?

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
Disagree. Kathleen wants to take power out of August either by having more "girl power" administrating the club or by outright buying Hana's share she will get as inheritance from her father.

Kathleen has no leverage to force Hana to participate in the brothel's sexual activities. First because Hana's deal is with her father and second because i would bet if Kathleen tried to do that it would incur the ire of August. He wants after all that his daughter inherit his part of the business not that she turn into one of the sex workers there.
Hmmm, consider this, Hana has been at the club for a while now, still Pulman never tried to contact her at all before that "gotcha" moment. If all she wanted was to buy August's shares from Hana or invite her to management, she wouldn't have waited until now to act. No, she was waiting for some kind of leverage to use against her, and she found that in the MC. If you think back a little before that scene where Pulman watches them from the cameras, she kinda of pushed you into comforting Hana, which is unsually "kind" of her. If Hana is coerced into doing sexual acts in the club by her own will to protect the MC or someone important to them August won't be able to do shit to stop it, she doesn't respect him in the first place and he is always walking on eggshells around her.

Reactions: DirtyMario

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Hmmm, consider this, Hana has been at the club for a while now, still Pulman never tried to contact her at all before that "gotcha" moment. If all she wanted was to buy August's shares from Hana or invite her to management, she wouldn't have waited until now to act. No, she was waiting for some kind of leverage to use against her, and she found that in the MC. If you think back a little before that scene where Pulman watches them from the cameras, she kinda of pushed you into comforting Hana, which is unsually "kind" of her. If Hana is coerced into doing sexual acts in the club by her own will to protect the MC or someone important to them August won't be able to do shit to stop it, she doesn't respect him in the first place and he is always walking on eggshells around her.
Because only now Kathleen finally found some leverage to help influence Hana into agreeing with August's deal and accept part of her inheritance at the club: Edwin, a friendly voice inside the place that Hana trusted way more than Kathleen or scumbags like Chuck, Ian or her father.

And protect Edwin against what? He had enough of Chuck and Ian's trust to get this ilegal job and depending on his choices Edwin can get even more of their confidence, even Kathleen's herself.

Also August is one of the owners of the place with a bigger share of the business than Kath, which is likely one of the reasons she wants to take them out of his hands and into Hana's or her own hands. I very much doubt his voice wouldn't carry weight in the place if he said no to such a scheme.

Reactions: Luckenzio

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
However it may turn out, I think we can all agree that there's enough leverage available that could be shoehorned in if it has to be.
I just hope the dev isn't that kind of person or he at least gives us a choice about it.

If you think back a little before that scene where Pulman watches them from the cameras, she kinda of pushed you into comforting Hana, which is unsually "kind" of her. If Hana is coerced into doing sexual acts in the club by her own will to protect the MC or someone important to them August won't be able to do shit to stop it, she doesn't respect him in the first place and he is always walking on eggshells around her.
Pretty much what I meant on my previous post. Hana could be playing both sides. There could be a "how do you think I can afford this Harley as a barmaid?" -moment coming up.

Speaking of which, I don't know how risky it is to leave all these original brand names and logos in the textures. I mean chances of someone important seeing them are pretty slim but not 0.

Reactions: New Kid

GIL3D

Illusionist
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2019
Speaking of which, I don't know how risky it is to leave all these original brand names and logos in the textures. I mean chances of someone important seeing them are pretty slim but not 0.
I'm pretty sure Hana's bike is brandless. That said, there are some few instances of that. We're not making a commercial work, so I don't think it's a problem, but If someone complained it would be swiftly removed.

Reactions: longsuper1

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
Because only now Kathleen finally found some leverage to help influence Hana into agreeing with August's deal and accept part of her inheritance at the club: Edwin, a friendly voice inside the place that Hana trusted way more than Kathleen or scumbags like Chuck, Ian or her father.

And protect Edwin against what? He had enough of Chuck and Ian's trust to get this ilegal job and depending on his choices Edwin can get even more of their confidence, even Kathleen's herself.

Also August is one of the owners of the place with a bigger share of the business than Kath, which is likely one of the reasons she wants to take them out of his hands and into Hana's or her own hands. I very much doubt his voice wouldn't carry weight in the place if he said no to such a scheme.
For that to work the MC had to be on the same page as Pulman, which might or might not be the case depending on how we play the game. In a path where the MC doesn't get along at all with Pulman he could very well dissuade Hana from accepting that deal instead of helping ease her into it(yeah I know we don't have the choice because of the predetermined story but it would be realistic). Pulman could have used Hana's anger against her father to persuade her into that deal without the MC, but she waited until she had a better hand so she could have solid leverage over her.

It has already been said on some posts above, she can discreetly screw his future by leaking his work in the club somewhere it could hurt his career, or have another "friendly talk" with his mom, even maybe "convince" her that joining the club would be in everyone's best interests so that nothing bad would happen to her son like with that guy that just vanished...

Having the biggest share only prevents Pulman from openly acting against him, after all she already has been making some shady deals with that doctor behind August and Chuck's backs. If she manipulates Hana into agreeing to sexual acts through underhanded means August won't be able to stop it. In fact, I think Pulman would get ecstatic at the situation of seeing him squirm.

Pretty much what I meant on my previous post. Hana could be playing both sides. There could be a "how do you think I can afford this Harley as a barmaid?" -moment coming up.
Didn't she get her bike from her gramps or something? I seem to remember one conversation where she tells you her bike's story.

Last edited:

SpecterX

Apr 29, 2020
Does accepting Kath's offer in the Obsidian room change the way Harper acts toward you? (She seems to acts friendly if you don't)
She also seems to be a good friend to Hana and I don't want that to influence something later.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Does accepting Kath's offer in the Obsidian room change the way Harper acts toward you? (She seems to acts friendly if you don't)
She also seems to be a good friend to Hana and I don't want that to influence something later.
No. Edwin can ask her if she consented on being there and she will say yes.

Reactions: SpecterX

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I think it will depend more on Edwin´s toughness score and specific events how the relationships, not only to Harper, move on. While you need some toughness to succeed, if you get "too tough", you start to loose options how to react. It seems pretty obvious that an Edwin with a very high toughness score (IIRC 30+) is a cold, self-serving bastard, you can see hints of this already. Below there is a middle ground, a nice Edwin with the option to gain advantages for a price, to corrupt others and/or to resist temptations and then there is the "upstanding" Edwin with a very low toughness score.

Reactions: SpecterX

itfod

Apr 16, 2021
At the risk of being considered an absolute impatient prick... do we have any indication of when a new update might swing by? Love this game, and can't wait for the next bit of story update. :D

Reactions: Mograx

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Sure she will say she consented with Pulman being right there.
I always opted out of taking advantage of her given the chance and I hope there will be a positive influence on her opinion of the MC. Could go either way to be honest, she could also take it as rejection.

I'm pretty sure Hana's bike is brandless. That said, there are some few instances of that. We're not making a commercial work, so I don't think it's a problem, but If someone complained it would be swiftly removed.
Yes her bike is brandless, in the same way a Benz is brandless if you rip off the hood ornament (which you also did if I saw that right). It's cool if you're already aware it could happen, there were just so many real brand logos compared to other games that it really stood out to me.

At the risk of being considered an absolute impatient prick... do we have any indication of when a new update might swing by? Love this game, and can't wait for the next bit of story update. :D
Someone said earlier that the devs usually take 3-4 months between updates. Can't attest to the accuracy of that. But that would put the next one somewhere around december.

Last edited:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Hi, absolute impatient prick:D;)! Updates come in with about 3-4 months intervals, the last one an exception due to special circumstances. Normal update time hinges on when TD and Gil consider a theme block done, hence the variance. The coming update might, I say might, come in a bit earlier, but that depends if TD and Gil bring the Felicia photoshoot/Mina video out as an add-on or if they integrate it into 3.3 as an extension. Hope that helps you!

• Haha
Reactions: itfod and Mograx

God3333

Mar 9, 2019
Keep getting this error after enabling the dev console in unren
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.
OverflowError: value too large to convert to short

4.90 star(s) 474 Votes