Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I think I know the part that Sunaboz is referring to, and in that case it’s not nearly long enough to worry about, it’s one short part of a scene, maybe 5 images total? If you’ve gotten through PC up until now, I think you’ll do fine. Not to say it isn’t disgusting. It’s also not possible to insinuate what happens without out right spoiling it. Sorry to not answer your question but I hope you’ll understand.

I finished a play-through of the latest update as well last night, and I have to say, the game just keeps getting better with each update. Don’t wanna spoil a thing, but I’m sure everyone will find the newest update…. Interesting. Hope you all enjoy! A huge thank you to my fellow proofreaders/testers for their great work, and of course, the wonderful TD and Gil.
Now I am looking forward to the update even more, damn you!:);)
If the part which now several persons said is disgusting is so short, then it will not be a problem at all. I thought from Sunaboz´s post that it would be a longer scene. I have a high tolerance level, but not to all stuff, so we will see (but luckily not for long) what it is.
On the update in general, I think if reading your post correctly, that there are several story arcs going onward and partly into directions we have not seen before or had to specifically aim for. Thanks for answer to my question and Good Night!

CAznable

Jul 8, 2018
Now I am looking forward to the update even more, damn you!:);)
If the part which now several persons said is disgusting is so short, then it will not be a problem at all. I thought from Sunaboz´s post that it would be a longer scene. I have a high tolerance level, but not to all stuff, so we will see (but luckily not for long) what it is.
On the update in general, I think if reading your post correctly, that there are several story arcs going onward and partly into directions we have not seen before or had to specifically aim for. Thanks for answer to my question and Good Night!
Again, I’m just assuming that’s what Sunaboz is talking about, but I think it is.

In regards to what I meant regarding the update itself, I just meant the things we learn are interesting to think about, and that the second Exhibition itself is quite visceral. Glad you’re excited!

Reactions: Turret

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
Good to know your opinion! Since you are obviously a Beta-tester, can you tell us a bit more about the disgusting scene? Not because of thrills, but because I want to know when to hit the "Steuerung" key to get this scene done and over as quickly as possible when the public version comes out.
You will know it when you'll see it (or not, some of you might be into this) but as Caz said it's brief and available on one path only (AFAIK).

Protip: for this update it's good to have voyeur perk and to have saves where you tell Kat which photoshoot you've enjoyed the most (Rosalind/Veronica oriented saves could come in handy too).

Edit:
OK, there are 2 utterly disgusting scenes...

Last edited:

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
I somewhat disagree with this. I agree keeping her Anger low will probably maximize the chance she'll make reforms in the Club, but I don't think that will correspond to what we'd normally see as 'corruption.' I think her changes (if she can pull them off) would make the Club a bit less exploitative, giving the girls at least a little more say in what can be done to them as part of their normal jobs. As Hana has said, her objection isn't with the concept of adults exchanging sex for money, it's with the way the Club controls the terms of that exchange.

I think the way Hana will lash out with high Anger won't be against the Club itself but more against the circumstances that require her to participate in the Club. In the short term, Kathleen will probably try to direct Hana's rage towards August (to undermine his position). In the long run, however, I could see Hana taking her anger on the girls themselves, blaming their situations on their own stupidity as a way to avoid coming to terms with her own role in the matter.

That's just my guess though. Hopefully we'll know more soon.
I am not proficient with Hana and her Anger, because - aside from Harper - i guess Hana is the one Main Cast girl i had the fewest interactions with in my Playthrough.

Could you guys recall the scenes in which Hana raises respectively decreases her Anger Score?
If we analyze the situations which feed her Anger and what actions and answers soothe it, we will probably get a better feeling how her Anger structured.

I very vaguely remember one which is about money earned from this type of business? I had the feeling her Anger is targeted against her Old Man, so it would be a more intrafamilial issue?

Is it indeed targeted or a general dissatisfaction with the circumstances she is in? Is it because she feels powerless but yearns to change something? Is it about her mother which was in a way exploited by her BioFather? Is it her mothers illness? Or does everything just add to a boiling cauldron of poison inside her?

I can not answer this questions, because as i said: i dont know Hana very well.
Perhaps you guys know her better? What exactly triggers or calms her?

Lets explore the nature of her Anger!

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I am not proficient with Hana and her Anger, because - aside from Harper - i guess Hana is the one Main Cast girl i had the fewest interactions with in my Playthrough.

Could you guys recall the scenes in which Hana raises respectively decreases her Anger Score?
If we analyze the situations which feed her Anger and what actions and answers soothe it, we will probably get a better feeling how her Anger structured.

I very vaguely remember one which is about money earned from this type of business? I had the feeling her Anger is targeted against her Old Man, so it would be a more intrafamilial issue?

Is it indeed targeted or a general dissatisfaction with the circumstances she is in? Is it because she feels powerless but yearns to change something? Is it about her mother which was in a way exploited by her BioFather? Is it her mothers illness? Or does everything just add to a boiling cauldron of poison inside her?

I can not answer this questions, because as i said: i dont know Hana very well.
Perhaps you guys know her better? What exactly triggers or calms her?

Lets explore the nature of her Anger!
Hana's Anger has come up twice, AFAICT.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There's not a whole lot to work with directly, it's really going to come down to how you interpret her expressions and speculation about where the game will go from here.

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
As the spoiler suggests, this isn't really a fair comparison so take it for what it's worth. But PC does have a relatively high efficiency when it comes to creating art assets.
True.
I think this industry needs a kind of consolidation and more cooperation between creators. Looking at the numbers BaDIK sports there is no way this could be handled by just a single creator. I estimate there are working at least three, probably more likely four people on it.

The recent increasing demands for adding animations is just a recipe for ultra-long development cycles, which more often than not lead to either poor content, rushed storylines, bad animations and eventually abandonment. It is just ridiculous to expect that from a solo project. But we are spoiled by Games which can pull it off and it is of course not 2012 anymore.

Also it is not only about the animations, there are too many games with really good stories and abysmal artwork and vice versa. Would those creators team up the result would very likely exceed the sum of their underwhelming solo projects.
Mathematically speaking the decrease of workload for a single person is never higher than sharing it with a second one. From 100% to 50% and after that to 33.3% to 25%, thats diminishing returns.
Of course a project cant be seen purely from this mathematical perspective since the workloads regarding coding, storywriting and creating art assets may vary, but you get my drift. Even when you are baking your own bread you rely on a farmer for the grain and a miller for the flour.

So time calls for team projects of at least two creators, and Jeff&Mutt have proven that with their congenial cooperation!

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
There's not a whole lot to work with directly, it's really going to come down to how you interpret her expressions and speculation about where the game will go from here.
Hmmm, thats true, not a lot to work with.
Well, fair enough, lets wait a little bit longer and see what happens.
Thanks for answering ename144 !

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
True.
I think this industry needs a kind of consolidation and more cooperation between creators. Looking at the numbers BaDIK sports there is no way this could be handled by just a single creator. I estimate there are working at least three, probably more likely four people on it.

The recent increasing demands for adding animations is just a recipe for ultra-long development cycles, which more often than not lead to either poor content, rushed storylines, bad animations and eventually abandonment. It is just ridiculous to expect that from a solo project. But we are spoiled by Games which can pull it off and it is of course not 2012 anymore.

Also it is not only about the animations, there are too many games with really good stories and abysmal artwork and vice versa. Would those creators team up the result would very likely exceed the sum of their underwhelming solo projects.
Mathematically speaking the decrease of workload for a single person is never higher than sharing it with a second one. From 100% to 50% and after that to 33.3% to 25%, thats diminishing returns.
Of course a project cant be seen purely from this mathematical perspective since the workloads regarding coding, storywriting and creating art assets may vary, but you get my drift. Even when you are baking your own bread you rely on a farmer for the grain and a miller for the flour.

So time calls for team projects of at least two creators, and Jeff&Mutt have proven that with their congenial cooperation!
BaDIK is famously a one-person show (playtesting aside) and I don't see any particular reason to doubt the claim. It's important to remember that DrPinkCake has sufficient income that he can work on the game full time and runs an extremely powerful rendering setup. He's more than a little maniacal, too, for good and for ill. But it's also important to note that he's the one deciding what constitutes "an animation" for his numbers, and it's entirely possible he counts lots of very small animations separately instead of concatenating them together and calling the end result a single animation.

Hmmm, thats true, not a lot to work with.
Well, fair enough, lets wait a little bit longer and see what happens.
Thanks for answering ename144 !
No problem. I'm hoping we'll learn more when we see her in the second Exhibition, so I'm somewhat eager for the release even though the events aren't really my style. But it sounds like there's a decent chance it will be released (to the public) when I'm off on vacation. :( Ah well, just need to keep being patient.

psycohunter96

Aug 19, 2017
I have to ask is someone here a club owner patreon and willing to share or will I have to wait till saturday (just to set up my expectations)

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
I don't know if I'd count variations of a scene with different characters as bloat; it's an important investment in the choices the game allows us to make. One might as well say the images of the MC hanging out with Mina if he doesn't make a move on her is bloat. Most people won't see that content, right? (...)
In case of Mina, these are the same characters in a different situation so it doesn't fit with what I was saying (although I probably wasn't clear enough). For PC analogy more fitting would be the 1st exhibition's 2nd and 3rd 'games' where the scenes were the same but with different characters (so basically it was just a flavour change, you could say these were the same models with different "skin" having double dildo or getting bukkaked). It's still not that bad though due to long-term consequences this will have. I actually really appreciate that (continuing Mina analogy) we can learn about Mina's archery club or her parents or her travels or during "never have I ever" game some more wild things she does. This actually adds to replayability. There are games however were devs take pride in the number of renders even though when you look closely it's quantity over quality.

Anyway, I haven't said that same scene with different character <=> bloat since I was aware that even in PC this happens too (although it's rare and it always offers something interesting) and I was expecting someone to bring up the first exhibition. I agree with you that seeing the same scene in a different angle, with different questions being asked and answered is fun. Actually, my favourite RPG of all time is where we're seeing the same scene play out but from a different perspective (so if you're playing a thief you will rob a local lord, if you're a praetor you will be lord's special agent that will advise him and protect him from thieves and if you're a mercenary you will fight for him and get rid of such filth directly).

(...)
I will agree that Pale Carnations doesn't feel padded the way some game have, but I think that comes down to narrative momentum more than it does render counts. (...)
Forget render counts. The point I was making was that in PC the fun is condensed and GIL and TD don't waste time on pointless things, everything here is deliberate and I can't think of filler scenes here. I can however think of such in overrated Being a DIK (whole previous update was one huge filler, with characters I don't care even one bit, a total waste of resources if you ask me).

BTW, Being a DIK's sheer numbers while impressive are considerably smaller than Defending Lydia Collier's where a single guy produced 5335 renders in 189 days (or 188 days, less even since it too khim some time to upload it), i.e. over 28 renders per day. The thing is, this requires different amount of work than what GIL does and is highly dependent on the hardware you have (the better GPU and the more you have the faster you can deliver, I'm not sure it's the same using Honey Select).

Anyway, IMO what GIL does is something special, something that no other dev has managed to replicate, i.e. he can really make the scene alive. The facial expressions, gestures, pose, all of it is set up perfectly. Until this game I've been mostly ignoring Honey Select games, GIL has shown that this "engine" (or however should I call it) is capable of creating more vivid scenes than any DAZ game I know.

(...)
We haven't taken time out to start an unrelated subplot, and we haven't had to stall developments in the main plot to keep it simmering longer. (...)
Yes and no, besides what you've mentioned there is Victoria's sub-plot (or Kat's who is doing shady deals with Abel or Rose's problem with Oliver or Veronica being screwed by Samson or Felicia not having her art school financed) but again, it's all connected and we learn about her from the very start of the game. Take another game (you know which one I'm talking about) and we have subplot after subplot, character #1 has some tragic past, character #2 does too, character #3 and ever other too. We also skip in time forwards and backwards. have some stupid plot-twists at the end of each update, etc. It becomes soap opera that way and everything is watered down. Personally I don't like it and prefer much more that clear focus that PC has.

Last edited:

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
Anyway, IMO what GIL does is something special, something that no other dev has managed to replicate, i.e. he can really make the scene alive. The facial expressions, gestures, pose, all of it is set up perfectly.
150% agree to that.
Sure, HoneySelect has its drawbacks, and other Games with different Engines may look better, but Gil3Ds mastership to infuse his characters and backgrounds with with Life is very rarely achieved by other creators. Often those other Protagonists feel like exactly what they are: just computer-generated Mannequins.

Last edited:
Reactions: Turret and sunaboz

Gavin Ray

Oct 24, 2021
Its been a long six months, lemme tell you, but I'm confident Exhibition #2 will be worth the wait!

SanguineWhisperings

Apr 25, 2018
i dont know Hana very well. Perhaps you guys know her better? What exactly triggers or calms her? Lets explore the nature of her Anger!
I'll stop lurking to give my theory on it.

Honestly, half the fun of this game comes from the fact that the characters are well written. Definitely curious to see how accurately I've judged the personality of Best Girl as the future updates roll in.

4.90 star(s) 474 Votes