TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
I know it's not exactly like any form of piracy can be stopped, but it's still always nice to see a dev be a good sport about it.
The project is ultimately free and I'd say 99% of our visiblity, good will, and support stems from this place. I can't really complain.

I like to look at any support we receive as gratitude, rather than selling a piddly seven day advanced release.

Dec 5, 2021
The project is ultimately free and I'd say 99% of our visiblity, good will, and support stems from this place. I can't really complain.

I like to look at any support we receive as gratitude, rather than selling a piddly seven day advanced release.
It's great that you guys feel that way as this is clearly a project of creative passion and care, but it's a damn shame that you guys aren't being justly rewarded for the absolute quality product you and GIL are creating.

In an ideal world where quality and compensation were fairly aligned, you guys would have 15000 patrons instead of 700, and that may be an understatement.

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
It's great that you guys feel that way as this is clearly a project of creative passion and care, but it's a damn shame that you guys aren't being justly rewarded for the absolute quality product you and GIL are creating.

In an ideal world where quality and compensation were fairly aligned, you guys would have 15000 patrons instead of 700, and that may be an understatement.
To be honest, 700 is beyond my wildest dreams. When we started, I told myself I'd be happy if we could just get 50 people who enjoyed it enough to want to support it. Everything beyond has been gravy and I consider us very fortunate.

That said, 15000 patrons sounds pretty good too.

normanwyt

Jul 17, 2020
To be honest, 700 is beyond my wildest dreams. When we started, I told myself I'd be happy if we could just get 50 people who enjoyed it enough to want to support it. Everything beyond has been gravy and I consider us very fortunate.

Hope you get the 15k patrons, you deserve it really. I supported you for multiple months starting this year but I had to stop because my finances changed. Will support you again when I can. Cheers!

• Red Heart
Reactions: TD1900

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017

About that, I can assure you I will be one of your supporters. Maybe not now, because my usual policy is await for the end of the game and then decide how much give to the developer, but I will support you; you deserve that.

Vitez

Dec 9, 2017
About that, I can assure you I will be one of your supporters. Maybe not now, because my usual policy is await for the end of the game and then decide how much give to the developer, but I will support you; you deserve that.
That's a bit far fetched given that you can count on one hand great completed projects over here. My approach is one update one month pledge.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017

I really and sincerely hope one day you get those 15k supporters. You two are making a game investing fully your heartblood into it and are humble, approachable developers, a rarity out there! As I told you before, would you have a site that is not Patreon (I already wrote why I consider this corporation a blight and do not give them money) and not needs a credit card (Germany here, cash and debit cards, our system is working for a longer time than many CC firms exist, are still king and I returned my credit card since I don´t need it here) I would already support you with money. Your work is clearly worth it.
Hopefully one day you catch the attention of a studio recognising your talents!

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
That's a bit far fetched given that you can count on one hand great completed projects over here. My approach is one update one month pledge.
That is why I prefer to await. But nevertheless I don't disdain to anticipate a certain amount of money, in order to encourage the developer.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017

NOOOOOO TD!!!

You can't be humble!!!! What are you doing???

You're ruining the image of all snarky and sarcastic devs!!!

RooneyCZ

Mar 28, 2022

Honestly, seeing how fast some my favourite projects leak, yours included, push me to support those projects even more whenever I can...

Reactions: eromaster
4.90 star(s) 474 Votes