RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I'm not in Rosalind full deal path and when I was looking memoriesI released something. When I open this memory Hana and MC talks on phone about clothes etc, there is dialogue you can say she can wear nun outfit and then they goes date, honestly I don't remember there was date in that part of game: is it bug and actualy that date is new content? I didn't reach new content yet I'm playing from old saves for fixing bug in week 2 like OP told. Or I missed Hana date despite being in her path?
Screenshot_2.jpg

Nov 23, 2020
Tried again with the fixed mod and this is what I got, if you guys got any fixes please let me know

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
ImportError: No module named revertable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa21752.47438\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa21752.47438\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa21752.47438\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa21752.47438\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa21752.47438\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa21752.47438\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa21752.47438\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up1-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa21752.47438\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa21752.47438\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa21752.47438\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa21752.47438\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa21752.47438\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa21752.47438\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 313, in run
new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa21752.47438\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa21752.47438\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up1-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 769, in load
roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa21752.47438\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up1-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 63, in loads
return cPickle.loads(s)
ImportError: No module named revertable

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Pale Carnations Ch4Up1
Thu Oct 20 20:48:04 2022

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
I'm not in Rosalind full deal path and when I was looking memoriesI released something. When I open this memory Hana and MC talks on phone about clothes etc, there is dialogue you can say she can wear nun outfit and then they goes date, honestly I don't remember there was date in that part of game: is it bug and actualy that date is new content? I didn't reach new content yet I'm playing from old saves for fixing bug in week 2 like OP told. Or I missed Hana date despite being in her path?
Hi, Randy. I see you're back again after . :KEK:

Insert Brokeback Mountain GIF here.

To answer your question: are you playing the compressed version? Someone reported some fuckery last night(on the compressed version) where picking the Rosalind full deal scene before exhibition 2 skipped the event entirely and went to the Hana text message conversation. I couldn't replicate the issue on our version of Ch4Up1 and concluded it was due to that.

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018

To answer your question: are you playing the compressed version? Someone reported some fuckery last night(on the compressed version) where picking the Rosalind full deal scene before exhibition 2 skipped the event entirely and went to the Hana text message conversation. I couldn't replicate the issue on our version of Ch4Up1 and concluded it was due to that.
No it's normal one with 6GB size.

Edit: I reached new content now andyeah it's exact same date scene from new update, I gues it's bug.

Last edited:

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020

Wow. It amazes me that there are still people so self-restrictive out there. They actually believe that reading any erotic visual novel swelling with the kind of compelling, quality narrative stakes and emotional depth as Pale Carnations means they are contractually obligated to wring their cock to every render instead of just letting their brain parse motivations. Like just reading it means you have to condone and yearn for every single thing in it. I'm not even into BDSM and I can't put this shit down. It is absolutely, unequivocally art. The current update crescendos so close to the sun and then fills me with absolute dread at the sobering reality that I need to make a choice... and I forgot about Mina in all my thrashings. Fuck.

The plot ramifications of my choices are juxtaposed beautifully against how desperately I want my MC to control his tendencies. I want him to explore them and find his way back home. This subject matter isn't even my kink. Ruining your boxers because a passage tented your pants is a fucking bonus when the narrative is this good.

It's just too well polished and earnestly soulful not to support and I will be as soon as I can afford to. I believe that the message of this novel is
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and at some point, I will write a purposeful review of this game on F95. This was the second eVN I ever played and it has absolutely ruined my palate with its authenticity. This is on my fucking Mt. Rushmore.

But reading Randy's missive just made me so disappointed. How am I supposed to jerk off to that??

Randy..

..we are not alone.

6xpkxj.jpg

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
They actually believe that reading any erotic visual novel swelling with the kind of compelling, quality narrative stakes and emotional depth as Pale Carnations means they are contractually obligated to wring their cock to every render instead of just letting their brain parse motivations.
Wait, we don't?!? Oh thank God, this shit was really starting to chafe, not to mention the lube bill.

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021

I have to say that every time I read something that you've written, even comments on F95, I respect you more and more.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Wow, it feels like there have been a lot of releases lately. Lots to do and technically Pale Carnations hasn't actually released for me yet, but I cheated and played it anyway. :whistle:

I really liked the start to Chapter 4. It's definitely a short, focused update and it does feel a little anti-climactic if you aren't on Hana's path. But even then I still think there's a surprising amount of good material in the short runtime, and Hana's date is excellent. Plus GIL does his usual job giving us great artwork throughout. Further thoughts in spoilers.
So that's my take. Great start to Chapter 4, I'm eager to see more.

tl;dr Short and sweet update; a great date with Hana and some nice character scenes with Ian and a few others.

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Becaused I just read the release notes from the latest patch. And there wasn't much about NEW content. I might be mistaking, ofc.
Read the changelog title and compare it to the thread's title. No one leaked/updated the Ch4Up1 changelog.

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Guess you are right, my bad :eek:
So what is this about, then? Wrong naming of the game thread?
The thread name is right, it's just no one updated the OP with the current changelog. For posterity:

Ch4Up1 Changelog
-1,477 static images
-61 animation clips
-33,134 words... give or take a few dozen due to intensive proofing.
-2 new musical tracks

What'sNew

Oct 20, 2021
Was there an option to seek advice from Kathleen in the previous update? I recall only having the option to see Mina, Victoria, or make dinner for Veronica. :unsure:

4.90 star(s) 477 Votes