Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Even affection route of Rosalind have nothing named "love" in it. At most she reminds MC of mother, and Rosa find MC sexually attractive and somewhat likes him
(I meant I support your thought, just "love" must be called "lust" here) :)
Even Felicia have more of romance/love vibes in her route then Rosalind. :ROFLMAO:
Very much so. From among the 3 Carnations currently only Felicia´s route has some real romance/love vibes. If played for Rosi too has some, but Veronica near nothing. While I know that there will be romance paths for all Carnations, I consider only a couple love routes as promising in the game.

These are Hana and Felicia at the top, then Mina, I even would put "leftfielders" like Dalia and Doc Sophia higher in the ranking than the romance routes of Rosi and Vera.

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
View attachment 2419969

There are so many possible routes in this game and yet some people keep coming back to the one thing that won't happen...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It's at least it's not like the "No More Money" forum where everyone constantly bitching about the slow-burn relationship with the Mom, Sister, and Aunt. The story is really conveying how taboo it is and conflicting it makes them feel yet it's exciting. At the same time, the game has 3 older women and 3 girls around his age, and a girlfriend with whom he can break up or cheat. You can have sex with all of them but one yet they complain about having more sex content with the family women.

I love the game, and the creator gives weekly updates a day in and day out while having some of the most ungrateful people on there. Reason why I spend more time on this forum and BADIK one.

Reactions: Biscardone

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
Very much so. From among the 3 Carnations currently only Felicia´s route has some real romance/love vibes. If played for Rosi too has some, but Veronica near nothing. While I know that there will be romance paths for all Carnations, I consider only a couple love routes as promising in the game.

These are Hana and Felicia at the top, then Mina, I even would put "leftfielders" like Dalia and Doc Sophia higher in the ranking than the romance routes of Rosi and Vera.
Yeah Felicia almost "dating" MC))
Can't say about side girls though... maybe we'll add Kathleen somewhere between)
But ofc I'm not bitchin' cause thats among the reasons why we like this game, there are no "Hello, oh such a big dick, I'm in love with you, fuck Me MC"

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019

I guess you never played Mina route?
Because she's in the top 3 with Hana and Felicia. It kind of been to messed up ruining their relationship on purpose and then kissing her and groping her ass while doing the script play practice and hanging around her. Also, it was cold as hell to reject her after doing all that flirting.

Also, the fact you date her and Hana. You tell Mina about Hana and she doesn't mind; hell she's down for a threesome if you give her lesbian points by Hana teasing her and having her workout with freaky Veronica at her gym. Yeah, if you're Mina path she goes to her gym.

Biscardone

May 2, 2020
It's at least it's not like the "No More Money" forum where everyone constantly bitching about the slow-burn relationship with the Mom, Sister, and Aunt. The story is really conveying how taboo it is and conflicting it makes them feel yet it's exciting. At the same time, the game has 3 older women and 3 girls around his age, and a girlfriend with whom he can break up or cheat. You can have sex with all of them but one yet they complain about having more sex content with the family women.

I love the game, and the creator gives weekly updates a day in and day out while having some of the most ungrateful people on there. Reason why I spend more time on this forum and BADIK one.
That's why I think the best solution as an author is always to make immediately clear what is your vision, and your long term plans, with your story and direction. If you don't, unfortunately, some people will feel compelled to pester the author to fulfill their fetish-du-jour - because that's what matter, to hell with authorial intent, I guess. In our case TD was very clear from the start on this subject, and this kept the background noise at least manageable - not ideal ("ok, but what if..."), but better than the alternative in any case.

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
Confessions:
1. I like the Hana sex scene but I gotta admit The Birthday grinding still turns me on more.
2. I'm excited to have sex Mina and want more content with the side girls
3. I have a weird attraction to bad bitches or bad women I hate them for their actions but damn they're hot as fuck and wanna hate bang them.
The List goes to: Kathleen
Katrina "No More Money"
Quinn "BADIK"

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
That's why I think the best solution as an author is always to make immediately clear what is your vision, and your long term plans, with your story and direction. If you don't, unfortunately, some people will feel compelled to pester the author to fulfill their fetish-du-jour - because that's what matter, to hell with authorial intent, I guess. In our case TD was very clear from the start on this subject, and this kept the background noise at least manageable - not ideal ("ok, but what if..."), but better than the alternative in any case.
The Author made a long post about it weeks ago and people are still bitching lol. However, the last update just came out a few days ago and there is more incest content on there so some people are satisfied.

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
Confessions:
1. I like the Hana sex scene but I gotta admit The Birthday grinding still turns me on more.
2. I'm excited to have sex Mina and want more content with the side girls
3. I have a weird attraction to bad bitches or bad women I hate them for their actions but damn they're hot as fuck and wanna hate bang them.
The List goes to: Kathleen
Katrina "No More Money"
Quinn "BADIK"
I'm in love with Kathleen character
For me Katrina is the only reason to play NMM (still for Me she's simlyfied version of Kathleen, but I don't care)
Never played BADIK (playing on Android, it's Just too heavy for my Phone lol)

That's the Characters you want to remain tough and cruel by your brain for the sake of immerse, and want them to soften to you by your heart cause of... Ego?
Some "dark romance" or dunno...
(sorry for English)

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I guess you never played Mina route?
Because she's in the top 3 with Hana and Felicia. It kind of been to messed up ruining their relationship on purpose and then kissing her and groping her ass while doing the script play practice and hanging around her.
Oh, I did! But as you yourself mentions it, going for Mina and ruining her relationship with your best friend (While Ian does most of it himself, it still is an asshole move by Edwin) is something I only did to see that path. In my personal canon playthrough I do everything to help Ian and Mina, not going after her.
And this dick move you have to do to get into a relationship with Mina is why it is lower ranked than Hana and Felicia. Felicia´s marriage is mostly a contract both sides can disolve and they live rather separate lives already.

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
Oh, I did! But as you yourself mentions it, going for Mina and ruining her relationship with your best friend (While Ian does most of it himself, it still is an asshole move by Edwin) is something I only did to see that path. In my personal canon playthrough I do everything to help Ian and Mina, not going after her.
And this dick move you have to do to get into a relationship with Mina is why it is lower ranked than Hana and Felicia. Felicia´s marriage is mostly a contract both sides can disolve and they live rather separate lives already.
Yeah but Ian and Mina relationship isn't doing so well either to the point it have to you to help them.

Reactions: selberdreher

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
Ahah, Ian made as MC's Best friend (really good friend tbh) intentionally, good thing that moral choises isn't problem for MC on (asshole) Kathleen maxed route :KEK:

Still I have diff 3 saves with MC as good guy but balanced to be on Kathleen good side :oops:

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
On my Canon playthrough I help Mina/Ian break up and then friendzone her last moment... :KEK:

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
This is definitely a game truly deserving of the top spot on this site.
Yeah, for now it's in my Top 10 (1st place for the moment, cause of Character development)
And I don't even like HS renders, but OMG characters made with love, reminds Me of hours/days/weeks spent in char creation prog of HS, perfect! (that's the reason why I dislike HS renders, got bored to death by it)

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Yeah, for now it's in my Top 10 (1st place for the moment, cause of Character development)
And I don't even like HS renders, but OMG characters made with love, reminds Me of hours/days/weeks spent in char creation prog of HS, perfect! (that's the reason why I dislike HS renders, got bored to death by it)
I said it before: I'm not the biggest fan of the overall style, but the facial expressions and the way the frames are done, is exceptional. Even in scenes in which there aren't actual animations the frames flow into each other during dialogue scenes in such a way that they almost feel animated.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Yet another dev diary today!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To complete the numbers TD gave us, our intrepid devs have added 214 statics, 2 animations and 4410 words in the two weeks since the last diary. That's an average of 107 statics, 1 animation and 2205 words per week. Overall, TD and GIL are now averaging ~96 statics, 2.4 animations and 2600 words per week since work on Chapter 4 Part 2 began. Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I had thought Veronica's portion of this update was meant to be a relatively minor event, but apparently that was not the case. How much of a difference would including it make? Well, let's see.

As you can see (assuming the charts are loading correctly now), static progress remains consistent while animation and word progress has tailed off a bit. If I were to guess, that's probably a result of the nature the content they've been working on. It sounds like the next two weeks will probably be more animation heavy, but it's possible I'm misinterpreting that. Either way, if TD's guess is accurate and the miscellany adds another week or, that suggests Update 2 would probably release around the end of March/start of April *if* Veronica's material gets pushed back to Update 3.

If, on the other hand, Veronica's material stays in Update 2, we're looking at a longer delay. The devs have ben working on Mina's content since around the first week of February and they're still 2 weeks to go. At a rough guess (assuming the remainder is animation heavy), Mina's content probably tips the scales at approximately 480 statics, 18 animations and 17 kilowords. Based on their overall average, a similar sized event for Veronica would would take 5-8 weeks to complete. That would delay the release to the late May/early June range - though as usual take these guesses with a healthy dose of skepticism.

So I can understand TD's concern. Personally, I'm happy to wait for my favorite girl, but I'm also willing to postpone Veronica's turn for the next update; I'll trust TD's judgement of which is better for both the sake of the meter and the sake of the fans. (The only thing I'm leery of is leaving material to short, standalone update because those tend to grow in the telling.)

I am, however, glad TD and GIL are mulling over how to get the most bang for their development hour. I've thoroughly enjoyed the game so far so I trust anything the devs spend time on will be worth the effort, but I do think there's a real value in weighing the cost/benefit of scenes in mind. Even good games can loose focus if you get too bogged down in details, and the longer the development takes the more likely we are to encounter a disruptive fluke. Rushing this game would be a tragedy, but keeping it lean is probably a good thing.

After all, if the devs get all the way to the end and feel like they missed some important opportunities, they can always go back and release a 'Director's Cut' patch. As long as the basic game did justice to the story and characters, I'd certainly be down for getting a little more of it retroactively.

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
After all, if the devs get all the way to the end and feel like they missed some important opportunities, they can always go back and release a 'Director's Cut' patch.
This.

I was about to voice some topics which seem to be related to TD1900 and GIL3Ds internal discussions as concerns / criticism of my own for a while now, just never found the time and/or occasion.
Let me be clear on this: i personally don't care how long a single update takes, be it two or four or six months, as long as the content justifies the development time; on the contrary i am rather wary of shorter update circles like one or two months since they often only feature the next "fuck scene of the month with one girl of the cast" made from devs with no idea of how and when to bring their game to an end. Those devs just tend to ride the wave as long as possible, and when this wave dies off, often their games meet a sudden death too. This is clearly not the case with PC.

However, in my personal life i tend to be extremely cautious to invest effort in projects exceeding a mid-term (let's say over five years) timescale, because, let's be real, life is unpredictable. There may be changes in our private, professional and societal lives which render once highly important issues meaningless. So kudos to everyone who committs themselves to a long term goal or project, because those guys and girls are bold.

With no intention to lecture both devs on how to structure their workschedule and workload, i want to share my opinions (from a total laymans point of view, mind you) alongside one or two examples which stem back to ch4upd1 and beyond.

IIRC TD1900 once stated in a post how he usually (correct me if i'm wrong) is ahead GIL3D writingwise, which is of course on the one hand natural, because he needs to provide his graphical artist with the narrative framework, but on the other hand seems to indicate (without shifting any blame) that the capacity to churn out graphics is the limiting factor in the progression of the game.

It is my understanding (again: correct me if i am wrong) that especially creating animations is a very time-consuming and challenging process.
Now, if your animations are your pride and joy and the very reason to create this game, by all means carry on with them. But if you kinda feel obliged to include animations because it's 2023 and the audience kinda expect them to be in games nowadays, i would consider cutting back on them if this would facilitate to reach your goals regarding the game.
To quote Takkatakka on this:
Even in scenes in which there aren't actual animations the frames flow into each other during dialogue scenes in such a way that they almost feel animated.
So PC is one of the rare games which don't need to rely on shiny animations, because its storyboarding is just that good.
Without able to proof it with numbers, i do also believe that older chapters didn't contain as much animations as the newer ones, and they were of no worser quality.
To me animations were always just the cherry on top, so if you offer me one more scoop of icecream in my serving instead of that cherry i'd take the former any day.

I already did praise PC as a game with nearly no useless fillers, virtually every line and image serves a purpose inside it's narration with only some minor and one very notable exception: Lucys and Harpers sex scene.
In my understanding it served as a stage to provide a little background to those two side characters and of course to get them some naughty action to cater to the connoisseurs of Lucy and Harper (which at least in Lucy's case is true for me).
However, from my point of view, it was to over 90% the literal definition of fanservice and it still boggles my mind how much effort and time went into a scene which was a) only fully available to those players who chose the 'Voyeur' trait and b) could have been cut down by at least 50% with no harm.
Now this wouldn't have been an issue if i wouldn't had the -perhaps false- impression, our author was cutting corners in that update elsewhere. A suspicion which is at least partly backed up by TD1900s own confession that there sometimes tends to be an imbalance of content while an update progresses.

I don't envy any developer of a game who would like to include this feature or that content, but has to make the decision to cut off some of the planned stuff (ORS's Ed path comes to mind) and i still hope and trust our creators can include all of their envisioned content, but if you guys would hold a poll i'd rather have a the equivalent of a comic book with a good story than a half baked try to emulate a movie.

TL;DR
If at any time hard choices regarding PC future development have to be made, i -personally- consider cutting back on it's animation load as the least detrimental.

4.90 star(s) 477 Votes