crunchycake

Jun 3, 2020
You have to reject Mina when she tries to seduce the MC in her apartment.
Then after the visit to the cafe in this update, you'll get the park bench scene and depending on her affection score you can "re enter" her path from there unless you are on the Hana gf path.
Thanks for giving me a reason to reply PC again XD

Reactions: DarkLords00

endless1m

Mar 25, 2023
Nobody uses a standardized versioning anyway. And someone's v0.1 can be another one's v0.5. Better ask for actual playtime and progression. Quite a few hours of gameplay and about half of the story (without epilogues)
the subjective playtime is more telling than the version number ? and who counts playtime anyway ?

maybe the word/CG count would be best bet to compare if it were not for all the "Ahh" and "schlp" lol

ANYWAY^^

I played the game already until ch4 up1. I'm mostly just interested in how many updates there have been until now

thanks for the answer though =)

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I see! In numbers, Pale Carnations is about at version 0.45-0.50. The game is about half done, we have 2 more "Event weekends" and the various Final endings, depending on what we did before.
What even happens of you have the same girl winning the first three events? Isn't the fourth pointless then? Or will it be like family duel where the first couple of rounds hardly count anything and everything is decided in the last? :KEK:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
the subjective playtime is more telling than the version number ?
Yes, version number means nothing. Though yes number of renders may be a better metric.

Or you have the changelog in the OP to see how many updates there has been.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
What even happens of you have the same girl winning the first three events? Isn't the fourth pointless then? Or will it be like family duel where the first couple of rounds hardly count anything and everything is decided in the last? :KEK:
Dev planned something in that case, but he didn't tell more. Because yes otherwise the losing 2 girls won't be motivated to participate in the last event.

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
I played the game already until ch4 up1. I'm mostly just interested in how many updates there have been until now
The initial release which covered chapter 1, chapter 2 spanned a couple of updates, chapter 3 was 4, and so far Chapter 4 is up to 2. All-in-all, there's been 8 total updates if you don't include the very first release. I would say we're more than halfway finished, but as you can see, chapters have gotten bigger as time as went on.

As of Ch4Up2, there has been 18,911 images, 452 animations, and a total of 466,330 words. I estimate only 50% of the text is chups, so maybe just half that last number. :Kappa:

Is there a list of the music tracks used in the game?
The game has a jukebox in the leisure menu where you can (possibly) find the totality of the game's music, unless I forgot something - which I actually did for the last update.

Dev planned something in that case, but he didn't tell more. Because yes otherwise the losing 2 girls won't be motivated to participate in the last event.
Kathleen even has a line somewhere in the game lamp-shading that reality.

Last edited:

lewdgamerxxx

Compressor
Sep 6, 2018
Game crashes on me whenever i start new game, only 1 render plays then it crashes.
I did everything u told.
Extracted it with an app, installed apk, moved extracted folder to Renpy and it doesnt work
Am I doing something wrong? I install it as instructed and it runs but crashes when I go on new game.
Crash in galery
Doesn't work
I found the solution to the crashes. In the code for Android the location to an image file was wrong. I have fixed it here is the patch. Paste screens.rpyc in Renpy/com.lewdgamerxxx.pale_carnations/game/folder.

KitNorsk

Dec 11, 2018
The game has a jukebox in the leisure menu where you can (possibly) find the totality of the game's music, unless I forgot something - which I actually did for the last update.
I looked through it, and couldn't find find it. There were however some tracks that were greyed out and I couldn't click them.
I'm guessing because I didn't play the scene with the music used?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
I guess it is a rather obvious problem. Then lets see, what you/Kat have up your sleeves. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, Kathleen mentioned this problem already, said that already happened earlier, and situation will not repeat ;)
So lets presume only Final game is matters and those 3 games were Just for fun :KEK:
(like with MC choosing who'll participate :FacePalm:)

endless1m

Mar 25, 2023
Yes, version number means nothing. Though yes number of renders may be a better metric.

Or you have the changelog in the OP to see how many updates there has been.
The initial release which covered chapter 1, chapter 2 spanned a couple of updates, chapter 3 was 4, and so far Chapter 4 is up to 2. All-in-all, there's been 8 total updates if you don't include the very first release. I would say we're more than halfway finished, but as you can see, chapters have gotten bigger as time as went on.

As of Ch4Up2, there has been 18,911 images, 452 animations, and a total of 466,330 words. I estimate only 50% of the text is chups, so maybe just half that last number. :Kappa:

without seeing the version number I just feel a bit lost in the jungle. like driving without having a speedometer

so v0.9

104.jpg

Thank you very much =)

Mfka5

Oct 4, 2022
I found the solution to the crashes. In the code for Android the location to an image file was wrong. I have fixed it here is the patch. Paste screens.rpyc in Renpy/com.lewdgamerxxx.pale_carnations/game/folder.
Thanks its working now. Took me 3 tries to do everything right but it works now xD

Reactions: lewdgamerxxx

dreamgoat

Oct 10, 2020
I don't know this is getting complex and I'm still not sure what the paths are. I'll hate to have to go back to a previous save if I can even remember where that save was before I made a choice between girls. I have been giving it some thought and might let the game progress a lot more where there are defined paths to choose from so I can have a better experience. I already replayed the game 5 times just because I couldn't remember the choices I chose by the time the next update comes along. Great job so far Dev it's one of a kind game. Happy Easter to everyone!

camube

Jun 4, 2022
I know it may sound repetitive since I already told this many times before but I consider the latest update as the best one yet and I am always impressed on how much the game is improving overall.

This is my take on it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My PC MC doesn't actually fantasizes about Grace. Maybe because he's with Mina or something?

Reactions: GrigoriRasputin
4.90 star(s) 477 Votes