QueenOfHentai

Aug 16, 2023
Just finished reading to the end of the update and i have to say this is in my top 3 best on this site,only thing that is bothering me is the mina and hana dynamic(my favorite girls in the game),in my playthrough i managed to max out my affection with both of them,currently dating hana and mina is my casual lover,it sucks that we cant do them both at the same time since hana wants a mono relationship with edwin and the game forces you to choose one or the other and if you choose to break hana promise then you get the hotel scene with mina,i can see in future updates where things could go really wrong,so i made multiple saves just incase i have to go back and choose to reject mina to stay faithful.Cant wait to see where the dev takes these 2 storylines but i guess it was wishful thinking for wanting them both to be in a relationship with him and ok with it.

agrdtcwa

Aug 4, 2023
didnt knew people would be against piracy here, got me surprised :oops:
It is because leaking it is bad for the game - more people pledge during release times for early access. The devs just hit 1k patrons only because of the update and looking at how good this game is, that is still very little especially when you see pieces of shit like icstor having 5 times more patrons than these devs.

The health of the game and a guarantee of continued development until completion is far more important than playing the game a week early. And TD and GIL being able to do this full time instead of part time is again better for the game since we get more updates that way.

I have no doubt it is going to leak before public release but this is just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

tan-zan

Sep 1, 2021
It is because leaking it is bad for the game - more people pledge during release times for early access. The devs just hit 1k patrons only because of the update and looking at how good this game is, that is still very little especially when you see pieces of shit like icstor having 5 times more patrons than these devs.

The health of the game and a guarantee of continued development until completion is far more important than playing the game a week early. And TD and GIL being able to do this full time instead of part time is again better for the game since we get more updates that way.

I have no doubt it is going to leak before public release but this is just my 2 cents.
Agreed. This is the one game I'll never pirate, as I want it to do well and seriously respect TD and GIL's work. Also, 2 weeks is just not a huge deal. It could be a lot worse (see Eternum, which is admittedly also pretty good). I do get that this is a pirate site and that people are going to post or pirate the game no matter what I write here, but I would just add that at the individual level, caving to temptation in that way isn't inevitable, or impact-less. If you want the game to do well and you also want to play it that much, consider signing up to the Patreon if you have the bank. Personally, I'll only pirate a game that I could take or leave, or one that I can't feasibly get by legitimate means.

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019

Yeah, I got a question does it still count as being a pirate if I paid for the game on and off mostly paid when I can afford it? But have no problem waiting for the update or someone else to leak it. Because later on, I would pay money in the future.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Agreed. This is the one game I'll never pirate, as I want it to do well and seriously respect TD and GIL's work. Also, 2 weeks is just not a huge deal. It could be a lot worse (see Eternum, which is admittedly also pretty good). I do get that this is a pirate site and that people are going to post or pirate the game no matter what I write here, but I would just add that at the individual level, caving to temptation in that way isn't inevitable, or impact-less. If you want the game to do well and you also want to play it that much, consider signing up to the Patreon if you have the bank. Personally, I'll only pirate a game that I could take or leave, or one that I can't feasibly get by legitimate means.
i pirate before paying. if i want to see the continuation, i pay. if i don't want to see the continuation, it's whatever.
We're paying for unfinished products, and it's essentially either funding future development or buying them a beer.
i'm not buying them a beer if their game suck, lol
i already pay with my time

but yeah if i have time to play it, i pay for pale carnations early access

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017

Guys... This might be a pirate forum and all but let's be real and honest. Leaks happen. Word of mouth happens. People will talk about this game or others and maybe they pay or maybe they don't. Hell, I'm a caveman. With a box of scraps. I remember I didn't pay for all my Playstation 1 games back in the day because my fams could go to Korea and get that sumbitch modded.

It EEZ wut it EEZ.

But you know what the good thing about TD and Gil coming in here and talking to people? They can be a part of the community, get feedback, and improve on the product. The more they improve, the more that people talk.

Pirates talk about good stuff. Some actually pay for it. The higher the quality, the more they gain.

Now you don't have to believe me. Right now, gaming is going through it all with Baldur's Gate 3. Yeah, this is a niche game and I'm not going to get off topic too much but just think of piracy as a service issue. Personally, I'm waiting for the public release and have other stuff to play (aforementioned) but having a forum where I can sit down and talk about the characters and how crazy the story is certainly fulfills a niche.

Hell, I saw some places that can't accept the story for being dark and brutal. People misconstrued the characters and had to think twice since the story goes to some really dark territory that's not in something like Summertime Saga.

This one is intriguing. It's not holding your hand. You're not going to be a paragon of virtue and no one else is. That makes people talk and curiosity brings eye balls. And eye balls are opportunity.

Any way, that's my pirate sense. Not saying everyone has to agree or anything, just one small view from a caveman...

With a box of scraps.

Reactions: k- and Alphaeboy

agrdtcwa

Aug 4, 2023
Guys... This might be a pirate forum and all but let's be real and honest. Leaks happen. Word of mouth happens. People will talk about this game or others and maybe they pay or maybe they don't. Hell, I'm a caveman. With a box of scraps. I remember I didn't pay for all my Playstation 1 games back in the day because my fams could go to Korea and get that sumbitch modded.

It EEZ wut it EEZ.

But you know what the good thing about TD and Gil coming in here and talking to people? They can be a part of the community, get feedback, and improve on the product. The more they improve, the more that people talk.

Pirates talk about good stuff. Some actually pay for it. The higher the quality, the more they gain.

Now you don't have to believe me. Right now, gaming is going through it all with Baldur's Gate 3. Yeah, this is a niche game and I'm not going to get off topic too much but just think of piracy as a service issue. Personally, I'm waiting for the public release and have other stuff to play (aforementioned) but having a forum where I can sit down and talk about the characters and how crazy the story is certainly fulfills a niche.

Hell, I saw some places that can't accept the story for being dark and brutal. People misconstrued the characters and had to think twice since the story goes to some really dark territory that's not in something like Summertime Saga.

This one is intriguing. It's not holding your hand. You're not going to be a paragon of virtue and no one else is. That makes people talk and curiosity brings eye balls. And eye balls are opportunity.

Any way, that's my pirate sense. Not saying everyone has to agree or anything, just one small view from a caveman...

With a box of scraps.
If it gets leaked then it gets leaked but your comment does not make sense. You do realize that you can get the game for free in 2 weeks right? You are acting like the game is locked forever behind a paywall and if it does not get leaked you will never get to play it.

Any feedback you have it is impossible to incorporate in just 2 weeks other than minor bugs or typos (which I am sure the higher tier patrons are already reporting). And any word of mouth can happen after 2 weeks as well. If you are impatient and want to play the game just go ahead and say that instead. And there is nothing wrong with that this is a pirate forum after all.

Last edited:

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
If it gets leaked then it gets leaked but your comment does not make sense. You do realize that you can get the game for free in 2 weeks right? You are acting like the game is locked forever behind a paywall and if it does not get leaked you will never get to play it.

Any feedback you have it is impossible to incorporate in just 2 weeks other than minor bugs or typos (which I am sure the higher tier patrons are already reporting). And any word of mouth can happen after 2 weeks as well. If you are impatient and want to play the game just go ahead and say that instead. And there is nothing wrong with that this is a pirate forum after all.

No? My point was I'm waiting. I'm making no assumptions and my point is that people are going to do it while the pirate will endorse a high quality product even if they don't pay for it.

They talk. Rep for games is spread. That increases chances for more people to culminate around a game. There's a certain ecosystem that is created besides monetary.

That's the point I'm making.

agrdtcwa

Aug 4, 2023
No? My point was I'm waiting. I'm making no assumptions and my point is that people are going to do it while the pirate will endorse a high quality product even if they don't pay for it.

They talk. Rep for games is spread. That increases chances for more people to culminate around a game. There's a certain ecosystem that is created besides monetary.

That's the point I'm making.
I agree with your point. But for free games how quickly an update is leaked does not impact any of that. However it does impact the number of people who might pledge to grab an update sooner which in turn impacts how much the dev makes which was my original point.

In any case I think it is best to drop this conversation. If it leaks so be it and I am sure it eventually will.. if not this week it will leak next week for sure.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
I agree with your point. But for free games how quickly an update is leaked does not impact any of that. However it does impact the number of people who might pledge to grab an update sooner which in turn impacts how much the dev makes which was my original point.

In any case I think it is best to drop this conversation. If it leaks so be it and I am sure it eventually will.. if not this week it will leak next week for sure.
That's a scarcity mindset. You can think about the pie you see in front of you or choose to see how to expand and make more pie. My point continues to be that when you gain a reputation for a good product, people will spread your product far larger than you expect to the point that it grows considerably.

And if you want to drop the conversation, I'd kindly ask not to misconstrue my point in the fact that reputation and other aspects will grow said pie which is all to the benefit of creators as I had mentioned earlier.

4.90 star(s) 466 Votes