Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
There seem to be quite a lot of people not using mod with problems this time around.

You're not the only one, a few people have mentioned having issues. If you have any quick/auto saves, I'd try those.
Maybe they need to look into it.

i hope there is a way to fix it. It's an amazing game but way too long to play it from the beginning
That depends...if you still remember your decisions, you can skip trough it in a few minutes and end up with a perfect save for the new update.

If you only played the game once and started over a year ago, so you don't remember your path...yeah, that would be tricky.

Last edited:

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Sorry but may i ask that when i follow your instructions on my samsung galaxy j7 and restart the game, it's still not running and it keeps kicking me out.
Is there any solution for this problem ?
Is it an update or a new install? Can you provide a log file? On a previous game, users that had a Samsung device told me this:

"Just solved the same issue with DMD- Fantasy Scenes. Go into Settings, and select Apps. Open apps. Clear the caches of Google Play Store and Google Play services ( may want to clear the caches of All your apps while you're in there). Go to files, select the download that's stuck. Go to the upper right 3 dots, open to see Install. Click install and it should install from there. When it finishes, click done. Not open. Get out of the who;e thing then check all your apps. It Should show up then."

Hardihoon

Apr 15, 2022
Is it an update or a new install? Can you provide a log file? On a previous game, users that had a Samsung device told me this:

"Just solved the same issue with DMD- Fantasy Scenes. Go into Settings, and select Apps. Open apps. Clear the caches of Google Play Store and Google Play services ( may want to clear the caches of All your apps while you're in there). Go to files, select the download that's stuck. Go to the upper right 3 dots, open to see Install. Click install and it should install from there. When it finishes, click done. Not open. Get out of the who;e thing then check all your apps. It Should show up then."
Thank you for your advice.
It is a new install on my phone cause i have deleted PC a long time ago before PC got splited into APK and RPA file.
Here is my log file, please check it out if there is any issues.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
It is a new install on my phone cause i have deleted PC a long time ago before PC got splited into APK and RPA file.
It may be that this is not compatible with Android 9.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
I fired up an android 9 emulator and can confirm that it failed in the same way as yours. Not anything I can do about that one, I'm sorry.

Antera

Nov 19, 2017
On Rose problem, who can handle better Chuck or August? Police or Gangsters? (MC is good guy)

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
how to remove the textbox opacity? hide textbox mod doesnt work for me
I reckon that's cause the default renpy textbox is already transparent and we use a custom screen for ours. If you want it to be invisible, you'll have to replace the textbox.png image found in the GUI folder with a transparent one. Which means you'll have to unarchive the game to get to it, which can be done with tools found on this very site here.

Reactions: True_Degenerate

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
On Rose problem, who can handle better Chuck or August? Police or Gangsters? (MC is good guy)
I don't think there's a "good" answer: both are inherently corrupt since they rely on the Club and it's illicit connections. The choice, as I see it, is more about the style of our corruption. August's approach is overtly criminal and violent, but then again that's already the way Oliver operates. Chuck's approach has a veneer of decency, but nonetheless relies on abuse of authority and implicit violence.

I think you can make an argument either way, but both outcomes have their problems and and ultimately both are only delaying Rose's problem - assuming they work out the way we think they will and don't spawn even more unforeseen consequences.

Morals aside, I think it makes sense to stick with August if you already brought the issue to his attention previously. If you went with one of the other options, I'd you can pick whichever option strikes your fancy.

Reactions: Biscardone

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I reckon that's cause the default renpy textbox is already transparent and we use a custom screen for ours. If you want it to be invisible, you'll have to replace the textbox.png image found in the GUI folder with a transparent one. Which means you'll have to unarchive the game to get to it, which can be done with tools found on this very site here.
You don't have to unarchive I think, renpy prioritizes unarchived files. Just put it in the right folder game/gui something like that

Reactions: TD1900
4.90 star(s) 474 Votes