TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Can we expect release date early February at least?
No. We are hoping to finish the update within the month (it is possible we fail this), but if we do manage that, between it being a 28 day month and our testing/proofing rigours, the initial release is likely to bleed over into March. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I can say with certainty that early February isn't happening.

That is something I'm not personally happy with myself, considering my goal was to get us down to a consistent 4-month release window, which despite how packed the day is, I thought might be tenable with some planning and editing and optimism. That last one is really what damns me. Some stuff didn't have to happen within this update, but I **am** glad to get said items behind us. We're paying off some long due set ups that will make structuring the rest of week 3's schedule more breezy.

Still, if not the time frame, I'm satisfied with our progress. This is shaping up to be a rather large update in terms of numbers. Currently our second largest ever static wise, and growing. I doubt we'll surpass exhibition 2 on that metric, but I have pride in how GIL balances outdoing himself quality-wise with the script's demands.

Anyone on Team Felicia or who enjoys exploring outcomes of player choices should be especially happy. Felicia's art exhibition has shaped up similarly to the club date with Mina and Ian in the prologue, where small scenes branch off into other small scenes that have immediate and obvious differences within a scope of a single update and the night caps off with two heavily distinct outcomes. I think that's more satisfying than when you make a choice two updates ago that you probably forgot you even made it, and then you just miss content later on. Although there is also some of that this update, so a bit of both.

That said, four out of five of the game's heroines have scenes this update, so I don't expect anyone will be complaining on that front, although I'm sure we'll get one or two people who see none of that and wonder what the fuck we're doing with our time.

I'll end it here with this unofficial dev diary. You'll probably see some of this regurgitated in the one that will leak this Sunday, but I guess I'm starting to feel the clock and wanted to organize my feelings with your question.

Assassini

Oct 17, 2018
Well said.

I like to think about the old RPGM games shared on places like HongFire a decade and a half ago, before patreon shifted the landscape. Just people doing what they can, with limited means, to scratch a creative itch. Hardly any of them are worth remembering for the quality alone, but there's a beauty to the grassroot nature of it. GIL and I still consider ourselves hobbyists; ones who have been extremely fortunate to find traction with an audience. When we started, I said to myself that I'd be happy if 50 people liked our game.

Now, making an adult visual novel is a significant investment of both time and energy, so I don't think there's anything measuring your success financially. There is always an opportunity cost, but I do believe that if you want to last through the times when all the joy is sucked out of the process and it's just being a fucking mean bitch, you need need to derive personal satisfaction from what you're doing. And speaking for GIL and myself, we do the best that we can not because it'll get us more money, but because when we sit down every night to review the day's progress, we still get giddy seeing our efforts come to life on screen. There's no other feeling as consistently gratifying in my life than seeing the silly thoughts and words that I strung together realized by my friend's midas touch.

I'll do it for you: if you haven't, everyone should check out The Last Sovereign. That game is the epitome of a passion project, and I consider Sierra Lee a role model for game devs.

If it was some other game, oops. I'm just going by your avatar. :KEK:
When the dev of your favourite h-game makes a recommendation for another h-game. Let's fucking go boys.

rippertipper

Sep 22, 2022
When the dev of your favourite h-game makes a recommendation for another h-game. Let's fucking go boys.
Honestly, I found a couple of my top 5 favorite games on this site in TD's signature. I figured since I love his game so much I'd most likely enjoy the games in his siggy. Voila, I was right. :LOL:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
No. We are hoping to finish the update within the month (it is possible we fail this), but if we do manage that, between it being a 28 day month and our testing/proofing rigours, the initial release is likely to bleed over into March. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I can say with certainty that early February isn't happening.

That is something I'm not personally happy with myself, considering my goal was to get us down to a consistent 4-month release window, which despite how packed the day is, I thought might be tenable with some planning and editing and optimism. That last one is really what damns me. Some stuff didn't have to happen within this update, but I **am** glad to get said items behind us. We're paying off some long due set ups that will make structuring the rest of week 3's schedule more breezy.

Still, if not the time frame, I'm satisfied with our progress. This is shaping up to be a rather large update in terms of numbers. Currently our second largest ever static wise, and growing. I doubt we'll surpass exhibition 2 on that metric, but I have pride in how GIL balances outdoing himself quality-wise with the script's demands.

Anyone on Team Felicia or who enjoys exploring outcomes of player choices should be especially happy. Felicia's art exhibition has shaped up similarly to the club date with Mina and Ian in the prologue, where small scenes branch off into other small scenes that have immediate and obvious differences within a scope of a single update and the night caps off with two heavily distinct outcomes. I think that's more satisfying than when you make a choice two updates ago that you probably forgot you even made it, and then you just miss content later on. Although there is also some of that this update, so a bit of both.

That said, four out of five of the game's heroines have scenes this update, so I don't expect anyone will be complaining on that front, although I'm sure we'll get one or two people who see none of that and wonder what the fuck we're doing with our time.
Like Takkatakka, I've done the math and realize this is likely to be a short update on my Veronica-centered main run. That's a shame, as I was hoping we might get a little content with Felicia even if we'd opted out of her path. I wouldn't mind spending time with her if she could just keep it in her panties when the MC is around!

Still, that's what all my alternative runs are for, and at any rate I have rigorous documentation on what TD and GIL are doing with their time. :D

I think there'll be plenty of good stuff to see in this update, so the wait doesn't really worry me.

I'll end it here with this unofficial dev diary. You'll probably see some of this regurgitated in the one that will leak this Sunday, but I guess I'm starting to feel the clock and wanted to organize my feelings with your question.
Errr... right. When the diary somehow leaks this Sunday. :whistle:

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Like Takkatakka, I've done the math and realize this is likely to be a short update on my Veronica-centered main run. That's a shame, as I was hoping we might get a little content with Felicia even if we'd opted out of her path. I wouldn't mind spending time with her if she could just keep it in her panties when the MC is around!

Still, that's what all my alternative runs are for, and at any rate I have rigorous documentation on what TD and GIL are doing with their time. :D

I think there'll be plenty of good stuff to see in this update, so the wait doesn't really worry me.

Errr... right. When the diary somehow leaks this Sunday. :whistle:
it's Felicia update right? i've been waiting for this for a year!

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
it's Felicia update right? i've been waiting for this for a year!
What gave you that idea? :KEK:

Anyone on Team Felicia or who enjoys exploring outcomes of player choices should be especially happy. Felicia's art exhibition has shaped up similarly to the club date with Mina and Ian in the prologue, where small scenes branch off into other small scenes that have immediate and obvious differences within a scope of a single update and the night caps off with two heavily distinct outcomes.

Reactions: camube

Ale3

Mar 16, 2021
Soooo, next update will be our fav gold diggerina Felicia, eh :KEK:
Still, i'm always craving for some MOAAAR, juicy Hana stuff (yes, i'm team Hana-Mina YES!)..BUT! as long it's not Kat, i'm in :love:

Reactions: JohnEffinDoe

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Soooo, next update will be our fav gold diggerina Felicia, eh :KEK:
Still, i'm always craving for some MOAAAR, juicy Hana stuff (yes, i'm team Hana-Mina YES!)..BUT! as long it's not Kat, i'm in :love:
While Felicia will likely see the largest scenes, TD wrote:

That said, four out of five of the game's heroines have scenes this update
So, Felicia is a safe bet here. Mina asked Felicia to watch them, so she might join them at some point. Hana already promised a BJ, if I remember right and for Rosalind we might see the threesome scene with Ian, if we took the right choices before.

May 9, 2021
Well said.

I like to think about the old RPGM games shared on places like HongFire a decade and a half ago, before patreon shifted the landscape. Just people doing what they can, with limited means, to scratch a creative itch. Hardly any of them are worth remembering for the quality alone, but there's a beauty to the grassroot nature of it. GIL and I still consider ourselves hobbyists; ones who have been extremely fortunate to find traction with an audience. When we started, I said to myself that I'd be happy if 50 people liked our game.

Now, making an adult visual novel is a significant investment of both time and energy, so I don't think there's anything measuring your success financially. There is always an opportunity cost, but I do believe that if you want to last through the times when all the joy is sucked out of the process and it's just being a fucking mean bitch, you need need to derive personal satisfaction from what you're doing. And speaking for GIL and myself, we do the best that we can not because it'll get us more money, but because when we sit down every night to review the day's progress, we still get giddy seeing our efforts come to life on screen. There's no other feeling as consistently gratifying in my life than seeing the silly thoughts and words that I strung together realized by my friend's midas touch.

I'll do it for you: if you haven't, everyone should check out The Last Sovereign. That game is the epitome of a passion project, and I consider Sierra Lee a role model for game devs.

If it was some other game, oops. I'm just going by your avatar. :KEK:
"Something I say in the book is that the audience comes last. And I believe that. I'm not making it for them. I'm making it for me. And it turns out that when you make something truly for yourself, you're doing the best thing you possibly can for the audience.

So much of why, if you go to the movies, so many big movies are just not good...it's because they're not being made by a person who cares about it. They are being made by people who are trying to make something that they think someone else is going to like. And that's not how art works. Art doesn't...that's something else, that's not art. That's commerce.

So if we're making art, we're making...it's almost like a diary entry. So, can I be concerned that someone else may not like my diary entry? It doesn't make sense, it has nothing to do with them. My diary entry has nothing to do with anyone else. So everything we make as artists are essentially diary entries." - Rick Rubin

4.90 star(s) 474 Votes