Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Yeah that's like when a lot of people leave a bad review on steam or rotten tomatoes it's called "review bombing" but when it's a lot of good reviews nobody bats an eye.

People are more triggered by bad things
No, if something gets a lot of bad reviews then it is generally just considered bad. "Review bombing" is something that happens more or less deliberately by a large number of users who agree on voting something collectively down. Often they review something like a game or a show negatively for something other than its face value quality. For example they write bad reviews for a game because the developer introduced microtransactions after promising never to introduce them previously. Or they vote down a show for something the main actor said in an interview. That is "review bombing".

For example what is happening right now with Saria could be considered review bombing. The people don't like the complete overhaul, fair enough. But the 1 star reviews aren't based on the quality of the game as is, but on what they think it could have been if the developer kept the old design. If the developer would've just published the game as it is right now in the first place, it probably would've gotten better reviews. Probably not many 5 star ones, but certainly less 1 star reviews.

I would agree though that writing a bad review about a hyped up game often leads to a fierce reaction by the hyped up fans who haven't even yet played it, so a lot of outlets rather avoid that by giving very prolific titles a mediocre review at the worst.

On this site however there are tons of games with like 1 to 1,5 stars on average as well. So in my opinion the system works reasonable well.

Any eta yet?
See:

Good news, everyone: we got our first status update for 2024!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As TD already noted, he and GIL have created 219 statics, 10 animations and 6177 words in the 22 days between diaries. That gives them a holiday average of roughly 70 statics, 3.2 animations and 1965 words per week. Overall, they are averaging ~102 statics, 2.5 animations, and 2343 words per week since work on Chapter 3 Update 4 began. Here are the charts for Week 19:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think the charts generally support TD's assessment of the situation: while we're approaching (or indeed, have already exceeded) what has generally been the end point for Chapter 4 updates, it seems there's still a substantial amount of work left. The big question is how much.

If we assume Part A accounts for nearly all of the latest batch of artwork AND assume we're about halfway through it, THEN go on to assume Part B will be roughly equivalent in size, that would get us somewhere on the order of 600 statics, 20 animations and 9000 additional words still to be added. Since we're already buying assumptions in bulk, let's add another and assume our devs will tackle the remainder at something approaching their peak overall average rate for this development, which is ~100 statics, 3.5 animations and 3000 words per week.

By that math it would take roughly 3 weeks to add the words, but nearer 6 weeks to polish off the statics and animations. In reality that could drop to 5 or maybe even 4 weeks if GIL has a secret cache of completed animations under his mattress and he can up his static production, but that still puts us solidly in the middle of February. Add in a week to clean up loose ends and a couple weeks for testing and we'd be looking for a release in early March, just as TD suggested.

Of course most of those numbers were complete guesswork and the rest still had a high percentage of speculation in them, so don't take any of this as gospel. The big takeaway is that this is a long race and we're not in the home stretch yet. That will probably be worth it eventually when we get lots of ways to spend time with Felicia, but we should plan to make it through February without her. Such is the cross we bear.
TD's tl/dr:

We still cannot say when the next update will be. I would like to promise February, but it is already mid-January, and that would be a premature and ambitious target.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
People should stop reviewing games poorly for kinks/fetish/themes they dont like if those themes are done well imo

a poorly executed game is poorly executed even if you like the kinks/fetish/themes just like a well executed one is good even if you hate the kinks/fetish/themes
I swear man, the amount of people that obnoxiously emit toxic fumes over things they want no part of is annoying af on multiple levels.

Go to a forum, they come out like a in Pokemon.

Whatever they don't like, it's emitted into the air.

At that point, you need a in your back pocket to make sure these people touch some grass.

It's super effective!

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Review bombing
A bit of context here, but games usually get review bombed when something changes in it that that's pretty severe to miss the expectations of the players. A big shift in focus for the developers, as explained above, usually works as a mirror into how a lot of people might not feel an update or event is living up to their standards. And sometimes, people hate an actor or studio for doing something they did not like. It's a way to see what groups of people think or feel on Steam or elsewhere.

For a site like this, we don't really see coordination of events into one big review bomb since this is only thousands of folks finding a fap.

What we do see are Koffing's and they aren't all that coordinated while regulars go into a thread and help keep a strong understanding of strengths and weaknesses that developers might not consider.

Overall, I look at them as a reflection in a point in time but it shouldn't be obsessed over if a developer (or community) feels they have a proper course and vision that may not jibe with the "review bomb's" sentiments.

Reactions: Bill Temple

Axeleen

May 1, 2018
Seems like you still can't read my comment properly. In any case, if your quote of him accomplishes anything, it's further support of my point ^^. And I knew all this years ago don't worry.

Anyway, always funny how fanboys can be so trigerred and this quickly by a mere joke on a forum :). Entertaining as ever

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Seems like you still can't read my comment properly. In any case, if your quote of him accomplishes anything, it's further support of my point ^^. And I knew all this years ago don't worry.

Anyway, always funny how fanboys can be so trigerred and this quickly by a mere joke on a forum :). Entertaining as ever
The quote may not explicitly refute your point, but it certainly doesn't support it. If the ultimate goal of this game was to justify an incest story, why is there never going to be any incest in it? Even if TD decided to change tack because of Patreon rules or something, why would he base the revised project on a setup designed from the keel out to do something counterproductive?

It would be like claiming a submarine was originally designed to fly to Mars purely on the grounds it has a *really* efficient life support system; a quote from the designer disparaging the lazy design of most interplanetary rockets is hardly proof.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I'm sure someone already pointed this out but this is the first time I noticed it.
Won't bother explaining but, I'm not hallucinating right?

View attachment 3261573
about what? I dont get it... Its Minas Mom and Brother... and? The hair of mom or what do you mean?

Did you ever heard about hair dye? Or maybe the father is blonde? I for one inherited the haircolor of my grandfather, my father has black hair, my mom brown... i have reddish hair. Its not that uncommon to inherit some major features from a generetion before. Or adoption, but what would that matter anyways? *shrug* I dont know what you mgiht wanna build out of that picture. Wanna be the next x_dalli? So Hana is an alien, cause humans dont have yellow eyes, never ever.

In this "anime" style appearences are not realistic anyway so dont read too much into it.

If you not mean the hair... *shrug* i dont know what you want, and even if you mean the hair, well... nothing to fuss about either.

Jan 18, 2024
about what? I dont get it... Its Minas Mom and Brother... and? The hair of mom or what do you mean?

Did you ever heard about hair dye? Or maybe the father is blonde? I for one inherited the haircolor of my grandfather, my father has black hair, my mom brown... i have reddish hair. Its not that uncommon to inherit some major features from a generetion before. Or adoption, but what would that matter anyways? *shrug* I dont know what you mgiht wanna build out of that picture. Wanna be the next x_dalli? So Hana is an alien, cause humans dont have yellow eyes, never ever.

In this "anime" style appearences are not realistic anyway so dont read too much into it.

If you not mean the hair... *shrug* i dont know what you want, and even if you mean the hair, well... nothing to fuss about either.
I think He means (and I'm confused too) that this is the MC's mom

Biscardone

May 2, 2020
The quote may not explicitly refute your point, but it certainly doesn't support it. If the ultimate goal of this game was to justify an incest story, why is there never going to be any incest in it? Even if TD decided to change tack because of Patreon rules or something, why would he base the revised project on a setup designed from the keel out to do something counterproductive?

It would be like claiming a submarine was originally designed to fly to Mars purely on the grounds it has a *really* efficient life support system; a quote from the designer disparaging the lazy design of most interplanetary rockets is hardly proof.
Well, what you are saying is entirely logic. Unfortunately, Axeleen's argument is that TD and GIL, possibly unbeknownst to themselves, deep down are writing an exploration of oedipal themes and as such it must be resolved, or at least motivated, by incest. Even, and I quote, "if they may never admit this to themselves (or to us)". Logic can't beat mind reading skills, or couch psychoanalysis, I'd say.

Last edited:

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I think He means (and I'm confused too) that this is the MC's mom
erm no? Well with really really bad eyes you might think that and of course if you skipped most of the game too (cause MCs mom and Mina meet each other in the game and know about each other)... but no they are not the same person, not even close.

Fuck Rosalind looks more like MCs mom than the woman on that picture aka Minas mom.

Jan 18, 2024
erm no? Well with really really bad eyes you might think that and of course if you skipped most of the game too (cause MCs mom and Mina meet each other in the game and know about each other)... but no they are not the same person, not even close.

Fuck Rosalind looks more like MCs mom than the woman on that picture aka Minas mom.
Wait what? Did Mina meet MCs mom? I think it was hana

Reactions: fred9320

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Wait what? Did Mina meet MCs mom? I think it was hana
Uff.... just.... uff, forget about it, start a new game, at the very beginning you can take a look at MCs mom already, and if you still think that she is the same person like on that picture, well.... *shrug* I guess Ronald McDonald will turn out to be my father, could be worse.

Reactions: KiraJames

CorprealFale

Nov 20, 2018
I assume it's a transphobic person because someone posted a close-up at Minas pubic area.
It's just someone who doesn't know how a woman looks and assumes "has to be a dick hidden there that isn't there anymore".

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I really didn't get that post either...maybe it is just trolling/red-herring? If not maybe that user could enlighten us if he/she maybe so inclined.

Reactions: Bill Temple
4.90 star(s) 474 Votes