SanaeS

Jun 22, 2018
I agree that dropping the relationship with Killian is no simple decision. Even more complicated is the decision whether to betray him (assuming you're trying to be a good guy) to give Mina something better. If you're playing as someone who truly cares about Mina but also values the very genuine friendship Killian has shown to the MC, this is a difficult choice to make. Possibly here the reasonable choice is to steer him away from the club's activities and toward being a better partner for Mina. Assuming that's a path offered in the game. Also valid would be to convince him to break up with Mina because he's not good for her. That path would leave her open to find someone (other than the MC, because generally you don't get to date your best friend's ex and still call him your best friend, though ...*) who will treat her the way she deserves.

* Not going to go in depth here, but I had a best friend who I forgave for dating my ex. He didn't steal her from me. The gap between us breaking up and him being with her was not enough for me to be over her (though I am not sure he knew that,) but it was something I was able to get past because our friendship meant that much to me. So perhaps, given his general loyalty to the MC, Killian would also forgive.
Another possible way to solve this could be a polyamorous open relationship MC x Mina x Killian,but I guess that would be very difficult to manage

Last edited:
Reactions: AwsHen

japanfan6969

May 22, 2020
what's up with all these honey-select -screenshot-collection.exe games? dont people who play these know that you can have way better scenes & interaction by actually playing honey select? :WaitWhat:
Im fully agree with you. Im very disappointed about the animated scenes. I don't understand the developer. I think also he created the animated scenes with honey select and i think the creations are very very cheap. And the most im angry about is the fact that the scenes most of the time were interrupt with text. Text for the story is good, but not so much in the animated scenes. Less would be better.

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Im fully agree with you. Im very disappointed about the animated scenes. I don't understand the developer. I think also he created the animated scenes with honey select and i think the creations are very very cheap. And the most im angry about is the fact that the scenes most of the time were interrupt with text. Text for the story is good, but not so much in the animated scenes. Less would be better.
Uh, when was the last time you played and what version was it?

If you're talking about non-looping animations in between lines of text, none of that is really true anymore, except for like a few spots in Ch1 and Ch2Up1.

If you're just saying the sex scenes are wordy, then yeah, that's still true.

Last edited:
Reactions: frenk and SanaeS

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
If you're just saying the sex scenes are wordy, then yeah, that's still true.
There's wordy and there's wordy. There are games with purple prose or pointless text during sex and then there is Pale Carnations that takes it to another, superb level and is one of the many reasons why this game is in top 5 highest rated games here. But regardless, in Renpy skipping text is easy as pie so I don't see a problem for someone who only wants to see sex scenes without letters. Not to mention that PC has perfectly working scene recollection room where we can instantly replay favourite erotic moments, so...

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
There's wordy and there's wordy. There are games with purple prose or pointless text during sex and then there is Pale Carnations that takes it to another, superb level and is one of the many reasons why this game is in top 5 highest rated games here. But regardless, in Renpy skipping text is easy as pie so I don't see a problem for someone who only wants to see sex scenes without letters. Not to mention that PC has perfectly working scene recollection room where we can instantly replay favourite erotic moments, so...
Thanks.

I sometimes worry the narration for the sex scenes might be perceived as too much, but that is how I like it so I wouldn't ever change it. Nothing kills my interest in a visual novel faster than when the extent of its sex scenes is just switching between animations, changing the speed, or just like a short 10 lines of text. It might be because I was weened on eroge, but the quick pace of sex scenes in most western adult games usually leaves me wanting.

HenzoStar

Apr 24, 2020
Can't you just press middle click to hide the text if you wanna see the animation clearly?

Reactions: sunaboz

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
However you view the reasons any of the women are in this, calling it "the easy way out" doesn't fit. If anyone thinks what the women are enduring, for the possibility of a reward, is easy, maybe they need to rethink their definition of "easy."
There is always a way out and IMO selling your body is the easy way out. The hard way is working 2 jobs at the same time for example or to be more specific:

- in the case of Lucy it's spending time with her son trying to explain things to him so he could get into her school on his own (or just swallowing her pride and allowing her son to go to worse school)

- in the case of Veronica closing her business and restarting from scratch (either smaller gym or working at one until she would get back on her feet)

- in the case of Rosalind going to the police or earning money some other way (although I agree that her situation is more dire than the rest)

In a few weeks they all have a chance to fulfil their wishes/get rid of their problems instead of slowly but surely improving their situation with hard work. I find them similar to people playing the lottery who often pay a lot for a slim chance of winning, hoping their life will suddenly improve, instead of gritting their teeth, rolling up their sleeves and going to work. The difference here however is a lot is based on their skills and looks (so all of them are rather confident in their sex skills and beauty) and chances are much higher. They can also get the pleasure from it, which none of them denies.

Since it's getting long I'll end my post with three citations from the game:
Veronica said:
It's just sex work, isn't it? You're overselling it.
Rosalind said:
Honestly, I don't normally do things like that but... I'm trying to live differently. I really didn't mean to take it that far but it was so, SO much fun.
Killian said:
That's simply not true, you have a choice, you always do, idiot. Not like you're the first person to do something you don't enjoy for profit.

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
Before my typo hunting I've never paid attention to profiles which was my loss. I laughed hard at this one for example:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, these contours we see of the people women that will appear in game are a nice touch and fill me with excitement for their scenes.

Last edited:
Reactions: AwsHen

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
There is always a way out and IMO selling your body is the easy way out. The hard way is working 2 jobs at the same time for example or to be more specific:

- in the case of Lucy it's spending time with her son trying to explain things to him so he could get into her school on his own (or just swallowing her pride and allowing her son to go to worse school)

- in the case of Veronica closing her business and restarting from scratch (either smaller gym or working at one until she would get back on her feet)

- in the case of Rosalind going to the police or earning money some other way (although I agree that her situation is more dire than the rest)

In a few weeks they all have a chance to fulfil their wishes/get rid of their problems instead of slowly but surely improving their situation with hard work. I find them similar to people playing the lottery who often pay a lot for a slim chance of winning, hoping their life will suddenly improve, instead of gritting their teeth, rolling up their sleeves and going to work. The difference here however is a lot is based on their skills and looks (so all of them are rather confident in their sex skills and beauty) and chances are much higher. They can also get the pleasure from it, which none of them denies.

Since it's getting long I'll end my post with three citations from the game:
Easy? On the contrary.
Try working on a job where most people on the street, people making the laws and the people enforcing said laws throw rocks at you figuratively, and sometimes literally, but under the cover of night come to request your services. There is nothing easy about sex work. This comment shows to me a really lack of awareness or empathy for sex workers. :oops: :oops:

Now to your examples.

I fail to see how Veronica literally losing her house and her job/business to "start from scratch" is a viable option.

From where she should start again when living on the streets without money even for food? Go live below a brigde and scavenge some food from the trash of a restaurant? There is no telling if she would even find a job at another gym specially with Samsom outright declaring he is doing anything in his power to sabotage her.

Under those conditions 1 month sex working at the Carnation in exchange for saving everything she has will look good for someone desperate.

About Rosalind, did you miss the part where they said officers of the law are members of the carnation club, including judges and the Chief of Police? Kinda hard to get help from the law under those conditions.

I won't speak about Lucy because there isn't much revealed about her, just like Felicia plus she is a minor character. But if the others are any rule, there is bound to be more to her story.

About the quotes i don't remember the one about Rosalind but Veronica's was clearly bravado because of the situation she is in. Meanhwile Killian is one of the last person with any moral to admonish others people choices considering he is a rich spoiled boy who works for fun at a brothel.

Reactions: AwsHen and SanaeS

frenk

Feb 11, 2018
TD1900 your work is exceptional, let me tell you, I have been following this site for years and it is the first time that I felt compelled to sponsor a game on patreon. The annual payment formula is excellent and it is the one i have chosen. Good job(y)

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
spectre1viper

Hey, thanks for the comprehensive review! Lot of things to take to heart, but I wanted to mention I think you missed a number of scenes. There's about 4 or so scenes where the MC has vaginal sex with various characters as well as...

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
spectre1viper

Hey, thanks for the comprehensive review! Lot of things to take to heart, but I wanted to mention I think you missed a number of scenes. There's about 4 or so scenes where the MC has vaginal sex with various characters as well as...

Thank you for your reply!

I only did one playthrough so I guess I missed all the penetration scenes. I guess I suck. I don't like using walkthroughs but I thought I chose all the best options. I'll have to run through it again.

Does cheating for stats break anything in the game? I thought I chose the best options but apparently not.

Regardless, this game is a near masterpiece and you should be very proud of what you have accomplished!

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Thank you for your reply!

I only did one playthrough so I guess I missed all the penetration scenes. I guess I suck. I don't like using walkthroughs but I thought I chose all the best options. I'll have to run through it again.

Does cheating for stats break anything in the game? I thought I chose the best options but apparently not.

Regardless, this game is a near masterpiece and you should be very proud of what you have accomplished!
You should be fine cheating for points. If you take a look at the scene replay galley and hover over a locked scene, it'll have a little pop up that will give you a vague idea how to unlock any missing scenes if you don't want to use a walkthrough.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
I've played a lot of games on this site and this is now in my top 5. This game has brilliant writing that is worthy of a multi-million dollar production. The game is full of surprises and keeps the player hooked the entire time.

The three most important aspects of this type of game are:

#1 - Writing
#2 - Story
#3 - Characters and character development

This game nails all three!

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Need more Mina, Hana, Lucy, and Felicia content :love: Like rosiland aswell but those 4 are at the top...really don't care for the rest

4.90 star(s) 473 Votes