4.40 star(s) 13 Votes

Danny321

Sep 24, 2017
I just finished the last of the translation, just need to finish fixing menu text that goes off screen, then upload it.
Should be done within 2 hours and to keep things simple I'm just going to upload the base translation without the extra skill modifications. There are a few very small things that still need to be translated, but I'll add those when I do another patch to fix typos and sentences that need to be reworked.
There are special places in heaven for saints like you, sir

21_chan

Jul 21, 2018
is there anyone else like me just refreshing the page to see when it get uploaded o_O
(oh and sorry of you saw a new post and got excited ,to just find out it was me :devilish:)

Reactions: kevin31321

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Sorry I'm having a difficult time getting the decrypted game to patch with the encrypted base game. It will probably still take some time. I'll post the patch once I get it working. Worst case scenario I'll just upload the entire game folder.
Did you do any changes besides the data folder JSONs? If not, then you shouldn't need to re-encrypt the files.

dcr

Sep 4, 2016
Sorry I'm having a difficult time getting the decrypted game to patch with the encrypted base game. It will probably still take some time. I'll post the patch once I get it working. Worst case scenario I'll just upload the entire game folder.
The only portion of the game that's encrypted is the images. Where is the patch failing?
If you're using translator++, its should just spit out the edited data files.

AceCyclone

Nov 10, 2017
Did you do any changes besides the data folder JSONs? If not, then you shouldn't need to re-encrypt the files.
The only portion of the game that's encrypted is the images. Where is the patch failing?
If you're using translator++, its should just spit out the edited data files.
When first starting the translation I decrypted the game which converted the images to pngs. When the game starts it gives an error about how it can't locate the png because the images are all rpgmvp file types. I did modify some plugin data through the rpgmaker mv editor though. I've got this to work in the past, so I should be able to figure it out again. And yes I'm using translator++.

EDIT: Got it working, just going to test it for a little bit to make sure everything works.

Last edited:

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
When first starting the translation I decrypted the game which converted the images to pngs. When the game starts it gives an error about how it can't locate the png because the images are all rpgmvp file types. I did modify some plugin data through the rpgmaker mv editor though. I've got this to work in the past, so I should be able to figure it out again. And yes I'm using translator++.
Weird, unless you modified the image file names it should work with the rpgmvp. Downside of translator++ is the batch translation function.

When I was using it for my translation of a different game, my final edits and reviews were done using RPG Maker MV to ensure translator++ didn't leave any nasty bugs (plus some of the battle text were part of functions that translator intentionally overlooks so I had to translate those in Maker as well).

One guess on my part for the pngs, if you own rpg maker MV then I recommend you make a new project and import/overwrite all your files into it. When loading and saving the project, maker should reconvert the files to the correct type.

dcr

Sep 4, 2016

EDIT: Got it working, just going to test it for a little bit to make sure everything works.
Go to data folder > find system.json > open it > use search and find "hasEncryptedImages" > Change value to True

AceCyclone

Nov 10, 2017
Everything seems to be working fine, so here's the patch. While testing it looks like some of the variables and menus got reverted back to japanese, but I'll make another patch soon. I'll probably have a patch to fix the clothing and journal text by tomorrow, but the game should definitely be understandable. After that I'll probably play through the story and fix any typos and clipped text that are left. Constructive criticism and feedback is appreciated.

Edit: Make sure to start a new game and select the english edited MTL patch when the game ask you to select a language.

Last edited:

Danny321

Sep 24, 2017
Everything seems to be working fine, so here's the patch. While testing it looks like some of the variables and menus got reverted back to japanese, but I'll make another patch soon. I'll probably have a patch to fix the clothing and journal text by tomorrow, but the game should definitely be understandable. After that I'll probably play through the story and fix any typos and clipped text that are left. Constructive criticism and feedback is appreciated.
Thanks for your hard work man. AND finished it on a weekend too.

Ive noticed regardless of whether its translated or not now, I'm still gonna spend an hour rerolling for SSR gacha skills lol

Last edited:

cpdk

Aug 8, 2018
First great work AceCyclone, there are two problems i found, first the text is cut out of frame and second after some time the enemy selection in fights freezes so you can only attack the enemy currently selected with a single attack and nobody else.

Anderus1984

Jan 3, 2021

Thanks for all you work, one question though, should I choose MTL english or just english when I click new game?

smegmaboyo

Apr 16, 2019
love the MTL but I'm sad to see the game's shortcomings at full blast now
it's like a lot of Jap h-games where they try to cram it full of every fetish in the book and it ends up being kinda bland overall, which is a shame cause in addition to it having some really neat details like characters commenting on what you wear, your stats, etc. the writing is just fucking funny, in the good way

eien3

Aug 9, 2018
First great work AceCyclone, there are two problems i found, first the text is cut out of frame and second after some time the enemy selection in fights freezes so you can only attack the enemy currently selected with a single attack and nobody else.
I thought I had this issue but what happened was I had my mouse hovering over one of the enemies. It overrides the keyboard targetting.

nicknicola

Oct 26, 2017
A lot of text gets cut off and not shows in the screen, is there a way to make the text smaller or something so I can see it?

AceCyclone

Nov 10, 2017
It's probably because the mouse cursor is hovering over an enemy, that has happened to me a few times before.

Thanks for all you work, one question though, should I choose MTL english or just english when I click new game?
Choose the edited english MTL.

A lot of text gets cut off and not shows in the screen, is there a way to make the text smaller or something so I can see it?
Which part of the game is it? It will probably happen in a lot of places any time there is a character portrait in the text box. Translator++ has text wrap that seemed to work fine for the most part, but when character portraits come into play it tends to push the text off the screen. I'll finish up formatting the journal, then move on with wrapping the text in the story, since that's pretty important.

nicknicola

Oct 26, 2017
Which part of the game is it? It will probably happen in a lot of places any time there is a character portrait in the text box. Translator++ has text wrap that seemed to work fine for the most part, but when character portraits come into play it tends to push the text off the screen. I'll finish up formatting the journal, then move on with wrapping the text in the story, since that's pretty important.
I am in the very beginning, I don't remember all the text where it happened, but for example when asking Ymir for help masturbating without a ticket (and there is no character portrait in there):
Ymir: "Encouraging the boy's libido, You should literally use your sister as a starting point for" and from there is some cut phrases. (Also the translation in there is worse than in other areas, which I understand as it is a side event and not too important)

Reactions: AceCyclone

AceCyclone

Nov 10, 2017
I am in the very beginning, I don't remember all the text where it happened, but for example when asking Ymir for help masturbating without a ticket (and there is no character portrait in there):
Ymir: "Encouraging the boy's libido, You should literally use your sister as a starting point for" and from there is some cut phrases. (Also the translation in there is worse than in other areas, which I understand as it is a side event and not too important)
So I'm checking out that part of the game and for some reason it seems like the text for that part is not edited at all even though I'm sure I did.
Edit: thanks for pointing that out, there seems to be a few parts that for some reason didn't import the text correctly. When comparing the patch I put out with my other version, it seems like there's about 500 passages as far as I can tell, that somehow did not get imported correctly. I'll probably put a patch out tomorrow that fixes those passages along with the armor descriptions and journal.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 13 Votes