VN Ren'Py Paracosmic Reality [Prologue v1.7.0p] [Jiggly Stone Studios]

4.30 star(s) 16 Votes

What The Quit Button Do?

• Total voters

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
I don't mind the short updates or the lack of sex, the story is really good, but it is frustrating that you end up asking more questions than you get answers.

I swear I will never understand why games have cliffhangers for, it's not like people will just stop playing if they don't happen.
Yeah, I can understand that lol. This update concludes the prologue though, which is why I left it on a cliffhanger. I have so many fun little plans and plots to enact, that I had to call it at some point. That spot where I left it was the most logical spot. Otherwise, I could've sank another 100+ renders in the upcoming scenes that would've taken me at least another week or two to complete.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Personally I would have waited another month if need be, just gets annoying so many games have cliffhangers and then you don't get a resolve to them for one reason or another.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
I wish people were so patient lol. Unfortunately, that wasn't really an option for me. Don't worry though, the answers will come soon. :p
HA I'm gen X we had to wait 2years for a movie to go from the cinemas to home, and got tv shows once a week never binge watch, so I am used to waiting.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
I wish people were so patient lol. Unfortunately, that wasn't really an option for me. Don't worry though, the answers will come soon. :p
Have not read the whole thread yet.
Just a small heads up.

Cliffhangers are neat but dangerous.
Simply because there has to be a dramatic/mysterious/whatever situation at the end of an episode that needs resolving in the next episode.
After a while that grows kinda stale since it often conflicts to some extend with the overall story.
The more often the updates and therefore the more numerous the cliffhangers the more dangerous to the plot.
Plus it runs the risk of not engaging the users but disillusioning them.
And there is ... let's say quite the competition for AVNs ...

For that reason while fast updates sound nice it almost always is better for the game if the updates are larger but take time instead.

P.S.
Downloaded and played the game.
It has been a looooong time since I enjoyed a prologue that much.
:love:

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Have not read the whole thread yet.
Just a small heads up.

Cliffhangers are neat but dangerous.
Simply because there has to be a dramatic/mysterious/whatever situation at the end of an episode that needs resolving in the next episode.
After a while that grows kinda stale since it often conflicts to some extend with the overall story.
The more often the updates and therefore the more numerous the cliffhangers the more dangerous to the plot.
Plus it runs the risk of not engaging the users but disillusioning them.
And there is ... let's say quite the competition for AVNs ...

For that reason while fast updates sound nice it almost always is better for the game if the updates are larger but take time instead.

P.S.
Downloaded and played the game.
It has been a looooong time since I enjoyed a prologue that much.
:love:
You make a good point. The only response I have is that the updates to AVNs should be seen in a similar (not the same) light as weekly episodes of your favorite TV show. The whole idea behind cliffhangers is to get you excited and itching for the next update. They are also kinda inevitable to a degree as how easily something can be a cliffhanger can be a subjective matter.

Overall, I don't plan to do cliffhangers intentionally. It was one of the things that my friend Callor and I talked about really early on in the development/planning stages. That there would inevitably be cliffhangers, but to try and minimize the impact of them. E.g: One of the characters are planned to enter the story in a fairly rough way. So, in times like those I'll make sure to push on through until a point where people know things will be alright.

Really happy you enjoyed the prologue though!

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Haven't played it before, so not really sure what you mean.
I guess he is referring to the main problem that Crimson High has.
It introduces so many girls that are relevant for a short time and completely are irrelevant after.
I believe the current count of romanceable girls is a bit below 30 ...

Another CH has occasionally is the cliffhanger situation.
He tends to go "full shock" on them to reveal in the next update that it was not serious at all.

For instance two or three updates ago there was a girl hanging from MC's balcony.
A literal cliffhanger ...

Last update MC came back home after a partial date to find it cordoned off by police and his former partner and fuck buddy came up to tell him something horrible happened.
The new update showed it was a "simple" break in ...

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
I guess he is referring to the main problem that Crimson High has.
It introduces so many girls that are relevant for a short time and completely are irrelevant after.
I believe the current count of romanceable girls is a bit below 30 ...

Another CH has occasionally is the cliffhanger situation.
He tends to go "full shock" on them to reveal in the next update that it was not serious at all.

For instance two or three updates ago there was a girl hanging from MC's balcony.
A literal cliffhanger ...

Last update MC came back home after a partial date to find it cordoned off by police and his former partner and fuck buddy came up to tell him something horrible happened.
The new update showed it was a "simple" break in ...
Thank you for the insight.

I have no intention of pulling anything like that. There are only a few of scenarios I have planned that depict violence. These characters that have suffered from these scenarios, however, are to find their happy ending with the MC and the group. To show people that it is possible to come back from your darkest place and that there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. I've spoilered them at the bottom of this post.

Personally, I can say though that I suffer greatly when it comes to loss. Loss of friendships/relationships, death, and personality death of loved ones are things that really tend to fuck me up pretty bad. So that being said, you won't ever have to worry about something like that in my game. Mostly because I can't really handle it lmao. That's not to say that there won't be moments of stress or drama, but I promise you there will always be a happy end of some kind. I'll do my best to ensure the cliffhangers are never at a point that'll leave the fanbase stressed. I'll do my best to place them in spots that perhaps aren't very important but pique one's curiosity and excitement for the next update.

All I can really touch on for the rest of this is that there are planned to be quite a few love interests, but I plan to make regular use of all of them to the best of my abilities. At least as possible with MC only being one person lol. Some characters will phase in/out a little bit, but they'll never be forgotten. Currently however, I have some 10-12 characters planned as of right now, with 2-3 that are characters for other people. There will definitely be more to come, but they'll all get their respective time! I have way too much fun with all of em to just leave em in the dust. xD

SPOILERS BELOW! I've left details out to preserve the story, but the basics of what type of dramatic turmoil is to be expected can be found here. Only read if you're alright with minor/moderate spoilers! (These details are subject to change over time.)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
They were responding to my response to your response of my post about the use of 'Guy' in the dialogue. Presumably specifically because it was capitalized and possibly the MC's default name instead of the name we picked, not because they didn't like it.
I get that, I'm just wondering what they meant about reporting it. xD Cause you were the only one who made a note about that from my recollection. I'm almost wondering if they reported the game thread with a grammatical issue or something. I didn't wanna assume either way, but I would've had a laugh if they did.

Jul 20, 2022
I get that, I'm just wondering what they meant about reporting it. xD Cause you were the only one who made a note about that from my recollection. I'm almost wondering if they reported the game thread with a grammatical issue or something. I didn't wanna assume either way, but I would've had a laugh if they did.
Did a quick search on your Discord, it's there (assuming it's the same person), you replied the same as you did here. No worries. Actually makes me feel dumb because I should have searched there before posting here.

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Did a quick search on your Discord, it's there (assuming it's the same person), you replied the same as you did here. No worries. Actually makes me feel dumb because I should have searched there before posting here.
The person you're talking about in the discord is Luka, how is also Hraske here on F95 :p

Last edited:

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
You make a good point. The only response I have is that the updates to AVNs should be seen in a similar (not the same) light as weekly episodes of your favorite TV show. The whole idea behind cliffhangers is to get you excited and itching for the next update.
that only really works if you aim for weekly updates tho, that other dude mentioned crimson high, i love the main Lis and the story but man are the cliffhangers annoying as fuck, if i drop the game its because of them.

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
that only really works if you aim for weekly updates tho, that other dude mentioned crimson high, i love the main Lis and the story but man are the cliffhangers annoying as fuck, if i drop the game its because of them.
I stated, "AVNs should be seen in a similar (not the same) light". The basic principle of a cliffhanger applies whether it's weekly or monthly. I said weekly in that post but you can look at plenty of shows that drop longer episodes every month rather than shorter episodes every week. Look at GameOfThrones, WestWorld, HouseOfTheDragons, etc. All of them utilized cliffhangers that got people itching and excited for the next episode.

Don't worry though, as I also said "I'll do my best to ensure the cliffhangers are never at a point that'll leave the fanbase stressed. I'll do my best to place them in spots that perhaps aren't very important but pique one's curiosity and excitement for the next update.".

• Red Heart
Reactions: Hraske
4.30 star(s) 16 Votes