VN Ren'Py Paracosmic Reality [v1.9.1 Main] [Jiggly Stone Studios]

4.40 star(s) 27 Votes

How do you feel about sandbox/hybrid-sandbox games? (Pick 1-2)

• I prefer sandbox games above all else.

• I don't mind them if they are done right.

• I generally avoid, but will make exceptions.

• No. Burn em all to the ground.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rexace

Feb 21, 2018
Don't know why there are so many people wasting time complaining, Let the man cook. Haven't played it in awhile but saw the update. Are tags not updated or is there no sex content yet? I really liked the story and quality charter design but I do come here for a reason lol.

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Don't know why there are so many people wasting time complaining, Let the man cook. Haven't played it in awhile but saw the update. Are tags not updated or is there no sex content yet? I really liked the story and quality charter design but I do come here for a reason lol.
There's some fun lewd moments but no sex yet. Working on developing the story to a point where those sex scenes actually make sense to be there.

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
Cucking:
Urban Dictionary:

To enjoy arranging for and watching other men have rough demeaning sex with one's wife. Often perceived as a masochistic humiliating experience for the husband as opposed to normal swinging.
-
Marriam-Webster's Dictionary:
to be sexually unfaithful to (someone, especially a man)
also : to have sexual relations with the spouse or partner of (someone else, especially a man)

Both of the definitions above imply that MC is being negatively impacted (willingly or not) by the experience OR that the cucking is happening from someone outside the relationship and imposing on MC in a way that undermines his role in the relationship. Neither of these will be true in my game.

I'll concede that I could've worded my Orra example better. A better way to look at it would be that Orra and the girl she's going to have some fun with were already planning to have a romp. Not with the goal or attempt to humiliate or degrade MC, but simply to enjoy each other and have a good time. As a treat to MC, Orra wanted to put on a show for MC and decided to let him watch. The point is, MC wasn't about to fuck Orra and the MC wasn't about to fuck the other girl. He's purely there for the capacity to "enjoy the show" and mechanically there for the player to be able to enjoy the show. If he were about to go mating press a girl and suddenly Orra strapped him to a chair before railing the shit outta her with a strap-on right in front of him, then I could understand your concerns. But that's not going to happen.

To restate my original words:
None of them are going to steal the girl MC is about to bang and fuck her in front of him.

Now here's where you dinks need to pay attention to.

MC is not the king of a harem. MC is in a POLY. This means that he's as much in a relationship with the girls, as the girls are in with each other. He might be the only dick in the group, but he's not the only one getting something out of the whole situation. No one is being unfaithful, as they are all in a relationship with each other.

I've made my intentions clear with the group being a poly and not a harem. If that's a show-stopper for you, then please just move on.
Sweet! Thank you for letting me not waste my time. Polys suck. Good luck.

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
I've been working 80+ hours, am in a fair amount of pain due to rolling my ankle hard enough that I've probably popped ligaments, and work my ass off on this game only for people to come into the thread and endlessly pop off objectively rude shit or constantly rag on the same points for the hundredth time. Suffice it to say, my patience is wearing a bit thin as of late, so my responses are going to be a bit more spiced. I apologize for my short temper as of late. It is uncharacteristic of me but I feel I'm warranted the right to be human and be subject to my emotions from time to time.
You started this whole discussion by calling someone homophobic and insecure for not liking that the MC will watch from the closet while his LIs fuck each other, and now YOU are tired of rude shit?

you-cant-make-this-shit-up-lofe.gif

Insulting people for no reason makes them respond with insults, who would have thought? :LUL::LUL::LUL::LUL:

TsubameYui

Nov 2, 2022
Getting a bit off the rails guys lol.

As for whether or not the game will be going sandbox, I've yet to decide one way or the other. I will say though, that if I do, I'll be very careful about it to ensure that it doesn't become a convoluted mess. I'm not the strongest fan of sandbox games either and I know that there is a happy medium to be struck.

I'd basically be looking at a sandbox hybridization to help pad out content and slow users down a little bit, rather than just having them steamroll through the main content instantly. Nothing that would be super crucial to progression but more stuff that people can feel like there's some sense of freedom to run around. Shag the cute girl at the theaters or take the girls to the beach and endlessly headpat Sylvie. Just fun little side content like that could be repeatable on demand for those interested in it.
My main concern about the game going sandbox is that sandbox games, even the most basic/simple, require magnitudes more coding than the standard VN format. You say the goal is to slow the players down, which sandboxes do effectively, but that's also the main reason many people hate sandboxes. The main purpose of sandbox games is to artificially inflate playtime by adding mostly empty time-sinks. Additionally, you'd be spending considerably more development time coding the sandbox elements. Time that could be spent writing more story instead, which means not only will the content be slowed/stretched, but there will also be less content overall.

The extraneous clicking in sandbox games tend to break immersion and the flow of the story. Events begin to feel disjointed and, if you have multiple stories running parallel, continuity errors become a major issue. Sandbox games use hundreds of times more variables/gates than standard VNs, because of the possibility of multiple characters interacting during different points in each of their storylines.

Finally, switching formats mid-game almost always ends up alienating your current fanbase, and rarely brings in the new format's fans, as most won't want to play through the first portion of the game to get to their preferred format. You'll likely end up losing many of your current fans/supporters, and won't likely bring in enough new ones to make up the losses. If your concern is players "steamrolling" through your content, the solution is certainly not to reduce the amount of actual content by adding empty filler. It'd be much more efficient and effective to add more choices that lead to alternate scenes and/or dialogue, which would encourage replaying the game. Adding choices that strictly affects dialogue is a very efficient way to extend playtime without using gimmicks or empty filler. You can double, triple, quadruple, etc. the amount of meaningful dialogue by adding choices that lead to different responses, and the best part is that you don't need a single additional render for those dialogue choices. Players can replay those scenes multiple times to see the various dialogues, which will slow them down and extend playtime. This has been intended as friendly, constructive criticism, and I hope it helps. I've really enjoyed your game so far, please keep up the good work.

HardPlay

Aug 19, 2024
how did they move to a new house your content is gone only texts and that's all that update was for about 3 minutes that this update was for about 3 minutes

Jan 23, 2024
how did they move to a new house your content is gone only texts and that's all that update was for about 3 minutes that this update was for about 3 minutes

The Hobbit house magically changed to fit the MC's needs to the new modern one, Orra helped them move from Jades Parents house to the new one. This has not yet been explained but is assumed based on small hints coming to the new house.

Jan 22, 2020
Please, for the love of all that is holy and good in this world, DO NOT GO TO SANDBOX. I will not play a single update if you do. I absolutely loved the first releases in both tone and story, with adorable and sexy moments galore (I love the little fox girl! So cute!), but if this goes the way of the sandbox, I will have to put this amazingly done (so far) VN away forever. I work for a living. I can't spend an hour just clicking around trying to figure out wtf I'm doing. As someone above says, that excessive clicking around literally takes the reader out of the story, killing immersion. I am not here to play a game. I'm here to read and watch an interesting, well-done story with some lewd, fun moments, not spend two hours clicking around, bored, just to see the new content. I understand why - as the above person states - you would want to extend the play time for your game, to keep people playing it as long as possible, but in this kind of situation, we're not looking to play a 'game'. Most of us are here for the story and the lewdness. We want to read and enjoy the story like a novel. Not a game. That's why they're called visual novels. Some people like sandbox games, and that's totally fine, but most of us just want incredible stories we can enjoy, not click around a thousand times just trying to figure out WTF I'm supposed to be doing in that moment. I am begging you not to change to Sandbox.

WICKEDp4th

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Please, for the love of all that is holy and good in this world, DO NOT GO TO SANDBOX. I will not play a single update if you do. I absolutely loved the first releases in both tone and story, with adorable and sexy moments galore (I love the little fox girl! So cute!), but if this goes the way of the sandbox, I will have to put this amazingly done (so far) VN away forever. I work for a living. I can't spend an hour just clicking around trying to figure out wtf I'm doing. As someone above says, that excessive clicking around literally takes the reader out of the story, killing immersion. I am not here to play a game. I'm here to read and watch an interesting, well-done story with some lewd, fun moments, not spend two hours clicking around, bored, just to see the new content. I understand why - as the above person states - you would want to extend the play time for your game, to keep people playing it as long as possible, but in this kind of situation, we're not looking to play a 'game'. Most of us are here for the story and the lewdness. We want to read and enjoy the story like a novel. Not a game. That's why they're called visual novels. Some people like sandbox games, and that's totally fine, but most of us just want incredible stories we can enjoy, not click around a thousand times just trying to figure out WTF I'm supposed to be doing in that moment. I am begging you not to change to Sandbox.
Geez...:whistle:

Look, we're all adults here, i want to believe that.

If the dev decides to add Sandbox to HIS Game/Novel, it's HIS decision. Just move on (like i will do) if it happens. :)

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
As a closing note to all of the cucking discourse going on.

I've said my piece, admitted my poor wording in some cases, and proven my points in others. I won't be providing any further responses to comments regarding the definitions and debating what is/isn't cucking, other than to redirect to this post.

My official and final stance:
Cuckolding/Cucking/Cuck -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Each of the definitions above tends to run in a common vein of the situation being a way to demean, belittle, or negatively impact in some way, whether willing or not. It also tends to insinuate that said actions are performed by a 3rd party to the relationship.

MC and the core group of girls will all be in a committed relationship with each other. Summed up, a polyamorous relationship.

To that degree, I don't classify some of the girls having fun with each other, as a form of cucking. They are/will be in a relationship with each other, just as much as with MC, and will be free to pursue passion with each other based on their preferences. It won't be rendered or told in any manner that presents it as a "feel bad" experience. Hell, most of the time, you won't even know some of the girls had fun with each other unless they said girls mention it in passing or if MC catches them exiting a room with nothing on but well fucked and pleased expression.

If you aren't into some of this, that's understandable. You can ignore any scene you don't want to see by just holding the CTRL button down for a second or two and blowing clean past it.

I'm going to develop the game with the intentions I have and there's not going to be much ability to sway me from my course. It's one thing if you present me with a logical and objective argument for why I should change something, but if your point is subjective bashing, I'm just going to further cement myself in my ways.

I can't reasonably implement avoidance routes for every scrap of content that someone doesn't like. Doing so would devolve into numerous routes I'd have to constantly spend time on rather than progressing the main story. Additionally, it would require me to account for those numerous routes/blips in the story from now to the end of time. That's simply not reasonable for me to put effort into vs. my just wishing you the best in life and that I hope you find another game that fulfills your desires.

Last edited:

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Please see the below quoted post.

As for whether or not the game will be going sandbox, I've yet to decide one way or the other. I will say though, that if I do, I'll be very careful about it to ensure that it doesn't become a convoluted mess. I'm not the strongest fan of sandbox games either and I know that there is a happy medium to be struck.

I'd basically be looking at a sandbox hybridization to help pad out content and slow users down a little bit, rather than just having them steamroll through the main content instantly. Nothing that would be super crucial to progression but more stuff that people can feel like there's some sense of freedom to run around. Shag the cute girl at the theaters or take the girls to the beach and endlessly headpat Sylvie. Just fun little side content like that could be repeatable on demand for those interested in it.
As I said, still not sure on it. That's why there's a poll up. I'm gathering information to see if it's worth going that route.

Even if I do, I'm precarious about it myself. I don't like super grindy sandboxes or sandboxes that or convoluted as shit. So if I do end up going that route, it'll only happen if I can manage to find some happy medium that feels good above all else.

Luminosity247

Jun 23, 2023
Dayum, this was short. I really need to change my expectations. But the quality makes up for it.

I love the setting and characters so far.

As for the whole sandbox discussion, I like them, but if they're done poorly they really lower the quality of the game.

Edit: actually excuse me, I might just be an idiot. Is the android version still on 1.0.1?

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Dayum, this was short. I really need to change my expectations. But the quality makes up for it.

I love the setting and characters so far.

As for the whole sandbox discussion, I like them, but if they're done poorly they really lower the quality of the game.

Edit: actually excuse me, I might just be an idiot. Is the android version still on 1.0.1?
Ahhh, shouldn't be no. That's probably because of me. It's a very rudimentary port for android via the Ren'Py packager. I'm not familiar with what half the versioning and staging settings are in it, so I messed with it enough to get a functioning export and then never touched it again xD

I believe that 1.3.0 was the first to get an android port.

If you've just had a little morning brekky with Jade in the new house, going over all the stuff that's happened, then that's 1.9.1.

Last edited:

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Actually its voyerism, not cucking. Cucking is cheating on someone to or while humiliate/ing the husband: " perceived as a masochistic humiliating experience for the husband"
Dont use words you dont understand.
For an annoyingly vocal minority of people here, cucking = whatever I don't like. It's dumb as shit

Last edited:

fajiker145

Jan 25, 2024
As a closing note to all of the cucking discourse going on.

I've said my piece, admitted my poor wording in some cases, and proven my points in others. I won't be providing any further responses to comments regarding the definitions and debating what is/isn't cucking, other than to redirect to this post.

My official and final stance:
Cuckolding/Cucking/Cuck -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Each of the definitions above tends to run in a common vein of the situation being a way to demean, belittle, or negatively impact in some way, whether willing or not. It also tends to insinuate that said actions are performed by a 3rd party to the relationship.

MC and the core group of girls will all be in a committed relationship with each other. Summed up, a polyamorous relationship.

To that degree, I don't classify some of the girls having fun with each other, as a form of cucking. They are/will be in a relationship with each other, just as much as with MC, and will be free to pursue passion with each other based on their preferences. It won't be rendered or told in any manner that presents it as a "feel bad" experience. Hell, most of the time, you won't even know some of the girls had fun with each other unless they said girls mention it in passing or if MC catches them exiting a room with nothing on but well fucked and pleased expression.

If you aren't into some of this, that's understandable. You can ignore any scene you don't want to see by just holding the CTRL button down for a second or two and blowing clean past it.

I'm going to develop the game with the intentions I have and there's not going to be much ability to sway me from my course. It's one thing if you present me with a logical and objective argument for why I should change something, but if your point is subjective bashing, I'm just going to further cement myself in my ways.

I can't reasonably implement avoidance routes for every scrap of content that someone doesn't like. Doing so would devolve into numerous routes I'd have to constantly spend time on rather than progressing the main story. Additionally, it would require me to account for those numerous routes/blips in the story from now to the end of time. That's simply not reasonable for me to put effort into vs. my just wishing you the best in life and that I hope you find another game that fulfills your desires.
You can talk about all definitions you want but a man watching his woman get fucked from the closet. Going around his house and just finding his women getting fucked or just with a satisfied expression after getting fucked. That is extremely cuck shit, there is no other way to put it, I dont know why people are so opposed to admit what they are into, does the word just have a bad ring to it? Lets call it sharing fan, then yeah?

The thought that someone needs to steal the women for there to be cucking is retarded, as the original meaning of the word comes from people who practice willing cuckoldry as a kink, meaning the wife doesn't "cheat" on her husband, the cuck "allows" her to fuck other people and enjoys it ( literally the same thing as the MC of this game) no one is getting "hurt", nothing is being done maliciously either, it is just the cuck's kink to share his wife and watch, that's their relationship.

Not telling you to change anything, but let's not try to pretend shit like watching from the closet as your woman gets fucked isn't cuck, come on bro, there's got to be a limit to this shit :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyway, not for me at all, good thing I happened to read the discussion or else I would have had an even bigger disappointment.

Jan 22, 2020
Geez...:whistle:

Look, we're all adults here, i want to believe that.

If the dev decides to add Sandbox to HIS Game/Novel, it's HIS decision. Just move on (like i will do) if it happens. :)
I didn't DEMAND anything, bud, so I wonder why you decided to pretty much tell me to STFU. I gave my opinion and was not in any way rude or antagonistic. This is a public forum where we should be able to give opinions. You don't think millions of people don't flood the forums of game companies with their opinions on changes, and then those companies listen to their fans? How is doing what I did any different? Sounds like you may need to grow up because you don't really get how reality works, my friend. To the other guy, I already saw the pinned post before. I was - again - giving my opinion, in a public forum, among other fans who had already given their opinions. Shame on me for thinking I was allowed to do so and not just lurk silently.

4.40 star(s) 27 Votes