Baghram

Sep 17, 2017
That opens up after or around when Dex gets into trouble, depending on your choices. You may not be far enough in the game. Use the notebook in the bedroom for the walkthrough, if you happen to be unfamiliar with it. It should help. Hope that helps!
The problem is, I've already helped out Dex and I have my own investigation bureau now, but G.A.M. still isn't available, but still the game wants me to take Vanessa's photo's there.

Reactions: ParadiseLofts

JonJones1979

Jul 11, 2018
That opens up after or around when Dex gets into trouble, depending on your choices. You may not be far enough in the game. Use the notebook in the bedroom for the walkthrough, if you happen to be unfamiliar with it. It should help. Hope that helps!
Thank you for taking the time to answer. I guess i might have gotten a bug, i feel like i'm very close to finishing chapter 1. On the notepad i've got the "Maybe look out the window Friday night" and "take Vanessa's pictures to GMA" and also i've got Rita's alien quest on repeat, in that i did that 2 times and now i can;t get the key anymore, neither from Dona nor her father. As i said i guess i might have gotten a bug or maybe made the wrong choices. Anyway i love the game and i'm seriously considering either buying it or making a patreon sub for ya cuz i feel it got awesome potential. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, but i'm pretty sure i've unlocked almost everything.

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
The problem is, I've already helped out Dex and I have my own investigation bureau now, but G.A.M. still isn't available, but still the game wants me to take Vanessa's photo's there.
OK, this is definitely weird. Is it possible for you to send over a save game file?

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
I hope in the future you would add option to just simply order a drink and sit down to watch the strip show in Top Hat club, playing the guitar minigame I'm always got distracted by the dancers and truly want to see the entire show for fun not being force to focus on playing the guitar. Maybe another option to buy a drink for 1 of Freddie's girl or Bethe after the show is over and then having sex with them after that could be a nice addition too
Oh! And find some more way to earn lot more money too, after solving every cases in the officer I don't have anymore way to earn big money beside working for Freddie club, and I'm accidently buy something from Sam's catalouge (which I think I got scammed) so now Donna chase my ass after I couldn't pay the rent and had to choose to call for MC's mother for the money
I always meant to get around to doing that, but we never had the time. I'll definitely keep it on the board.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
I always meant to get around to doing that, but we never had the time. I'll definitely keep it on the board.
Thank you for your reply, really want to see those being add in the future. I think 1 more problem I found in your game is that if you fail a quest it would repeat from the start again, I got that problem in the alien adduction quest when I failed to archive the ultimate pleasure for Rita the alien girl tell me "we will do it again next time" it reset the entire quest from the start. Mean that I had to wait and witnessing Rita got adducted again for 2 weeks, then had to take the key from her dad again and got adduct together again
Would be good if you could just simply continue the quest right at the point when Rita and MC got adducted together than start over

JonJones1979

Jul 11, 2018
I'll pose the same request for you as I did with the other guy, and hopefully we can resolve the issue. Can you send over a save game file? I'd like to look into this asap. Thanks!!
Here is the Lates Save i've got. As far as i know is safe to download. Thank you for your expediency.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Interesting game, though very hit or miss with both the art and especially the mini-games.

I appreciate the option to cheat on most of the finicky stuff. I honestly would've given up at the photo development puzzle if I wasn't able to skip it. The alien machine was another weird one. Following her commands worked just fine but trying the dominant route didn't register at all, no matter what I tried and no matter the order.
Having the guitar gig as the only reliable source of income is a bit of a weird choice. Good thing renpy lets you change values easily cause there's no way I would've done that over and over and over again for 10 bucks a pop.

Still, plenty of good ideas in this, even if the implementation is a bit iffy in some cases.

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Interesting game, though very hit or miss with both the art and especially the mini-games.

I appreciate the option to cheat on most of the finicky stuff. I honestly would've given up at the photo development puzzle if I wasn't able to skip it. The alien machine was another weird one. Following her commands worked just fine but trying the dominant route didn't register at all, no matter what I tried and no matter the order.
Having the guitar gig as the only reliable source of income is a bit of a weird choice. Good thing renpy lets you change values easily cause there's no way I would've done that over and over and over again for 10 bucks a pop.

Still, plenty of good ideas in this, even if the implementation is a bit iffy in some cases.
Thx for the valuable input. A lot of people have mentioned guitar game being the only source of income, but that's not quite accurate. You also make 50 bucks a pop for every photoshoot you do with a new girl. And of course, you get to keep $5K if you let Dex die. You make something like 1500 if you solve Gretta's case.. and lotsa other money earned if you solve cases. Cheers!

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Here it is. I also ran into the Rita abduction quest constantly repeating bug.
Rita is not a bug. It's your character getting his brain wiped; hence he has to keep repeating the cycle and get keys from a different person each time. If your scenario is doing something differently, please let me know. I'd like to take a peek.

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Thank you for your reply, really want to see those being add in the future. I think 1 more problem I found in your game is that if you fail a quest it would repeat from the start again, I got that problem in the alien adduction quest when I failed to archive the ultimate pleasure for Rita the alien girl tell me "we will do it again next time" it reset the entire quest from the start. Mean that I had to wait and witnessing Rita got adducted again for 2 weeks, then had to take the key from her dad again and got adduct together again
Would be good if you could just simply continue the quest right at the point when Rita and MC got adducted together than start over
You didn't fail the Rita quest - what happened to you, happens whether you win or lose with Rita - you cycle through that several times because your character does not remember he ever saw or boarded a UFO.. why did Rita lose her memory?? That's the clue. :)

Anyway, in a future chapter, you go back up again, see dozens of keys in the UFO, and that's when you figure it out. Hope that helps clear things up!

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Here is the Lates Save i've got. As far as i know is safe to download. Thank you for your expediency.
You definitely found a bug! Can you explain how you opened the P.I. bit without doing the Gretta photoshoot? Did you earn money all the way up to 5K by doing other stuff? If so, this is a design bug on me, 100 percent. If that isn't how you got there, please let me know, and it's likely a coding error.

Anyway, to get around this, you have to go back a bit, unfortunately. If you can load a save around the time Dex asks for help, then follow the storyline on getting Gretta's photoshoot... if you save Dex, go talk to him again the next day or so after talking to the gangsters... you will earn money for Dex, to earn the building for yourself... if you kill Dex, it's a job you do and you get to keep all the money (5k).

Thanks for finding the bug and sorry you had to deal with it! I am looking into several ways to fix this. May take a couple days.

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Here it is. I also ran into the Rita abduction quest constantly repeating bug.
Hey, I just replied to JonJones with the same issue you are having (haven't yet had a chance to look at your save file). Please review what I told him and let me know if that's accurate as to how you got the detective agency opened. If you did the Gretta photoshoot quest, let me know that, too. Thanks!

JonJones1979

Jul 11, 2018
You definitely found a bug! Can you explain how you opened the P.I. bit without doing the Gretta photoshoot? Did you earn money all the way up to 5K by doing other stuff? If so, this is a design bug on me, 100 percent. If that isn't how you got there, please let me know, and it's likely a coding error.

Anyway, to get around this, you have to go back a bit, unfortunately. If you can load a save around the time Dex asks for help, then follow the storyline on getting Gretta's photoshoot... if you save Dex, go talk to him again the next day or so after talking to the gangsters... you will earn money for Dex, to earn the building for yourself... if you kill Dex, it's a job you do and you get to keep all the money (5k).

Thanks for finding the bug and sorry you had to deal with it! I am looking into several ways to fix this. May take a couple days.
Aside from the bugg, for now i found what i did wrong. I guess due to cheat for money i had the money for dex without a problem and i bypassed the Gretta photoshoot. That's been taken care of as now i managed to correct the mistake. Thing is i wanna see about Rita's photoshoot see if i can reach that. For now i guess that would be all. Thanks for the help and keep up the good work m8.

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Aside from the bugg, for now i found what i did wrong. I guess due to cheat for money i had the money for dex without a problem and i bypassed the Gretta photoshoot. That's been taken care of as now i managed to correct the mistake. Thing is i wanna see about Rita's photoshoot see if i can reach that. For now i guess that would be all. Thanks for the help and keep up the good work m8.
Yeah, unfortunately, using cheats in this game can throw stuff all off, and I would guess you have missed a significant amount of content.

rottenchops

Apr 15, 2020
I'm stuck at a point where I've gone through the alien abduction once (meaning, got onto the ship, zapped Rita in the right sequence, etc), and played to the point where I've got one log entry left ('Who would have a key to Rita's apartment?') but there's no way to get a key again - not from Greg or Brenda (they both basically say 'we've already been through this'), not from Rita's apartment on Thursday nights (nothing there), and not from the landlord (again, 'we've already been through this').
I'm also not seeing an option from Polly to get the key.

Not sure if my save is bugged - I also don't see any new 0.16.1 content.

Here's something I've seen a couple of times - someone whispering but no one there to interact with.
Maybe this is supposed to be Polly helping out with the key to Rita's?

Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 6.25.03 PM.png

4.20 star(s) 13 Votes