ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Here's something I've seen a couple of times - someone whispering but no one there to interact with.
Maybe this is supposed to be Polly helping out with the key to Rita's?

View attachment 1046395
Ah, I thought I nipped that bug. What version do you happen to be playing? Just so ya know.. that is Butch calling you. Just go back again when he is present and see if he has something to say. If not, it may be a perpetual bug.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
You didn't fail the Rita quest - what happened to you, happens whether you win or lose with Rita - you cycle through that several times because your character does not remember he ever saw or boarded a UFO.. why did Rita lose her memory?? That's the clue. :)

Anyway, in a future chapter, you go back up again, see dozens of keys in the UFO, and that's when you figure it out. Hope that helps clear things up!
Oh! So that's how it is, make me thinking "is this a bug? I'm redone and complete this quest the third time now, why does it still up there?". Very interesting, hope to see how MC solve the alien case in the future

JonJones1979

Jul 11, 2018
Yeah, unfortunately, using cheats in this game can throw stuff all off, and I would guess you have missed a significant amount of content.
Not really only that thing with Vaness. Also at one point i manged to piss of Amanda and she no longer came over. Now it looks like all is well save for the Rita thing/quest line. Anyhow i'm sure that by the next version or chapter you will have most of this fixed. Best of luck!

Reactions: ParadiseLofts

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Not really only that thing with Vaness. Also at one point i manged to piss of Amanda and she no longer came over. Now it looks like all is well save for the Rita thing/quest line. Anyhow i'm sure that by the next version or chapter you will have most of this fixed. Best of luck!
Amanda will come back again, you just have to move the plot forward more, and I don't think you can do that because you unlocked the detective agency before GAM. I am definitely going to make that impossible, in a future update. If you go back to around time you make the Dex decision, you will fly through what you already accomplished after that point, while opening up more of the story line. Cheers and thanks for all the great input on this issue.

Reactions: JonJones1979

RedStarving

Aug 30, 2019
Is there any content after Amanda told you about poison? Because now I have only repetitive Rita's alien quest.

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Is there any content after Amanda told you about poison? Because now I have only repetitive Rita's alien quest.
Depends on which version you are playing. Official chapter 1 (v0.17+) has an ending cut scene and maybe a case or two extra. I'd have to check your save file to see where you're at, to be sure.

Oct 8, 2019
I must ask, is Butch and Zoe's peep scene not in game yet? I've been running over every time after I see them through the camera but always get the "i have no reason to be here" message.

4.20 star(s) 13 Votes