Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
For how long this updates and fixes gonna take and finish man
Like goddamn every fucking 2 or three month there is fixed version or something
Don't give us the update or if you want to give, give the complete version and be done with FFS
There are 4 more planned updates, coinciding with the 4 next Steam events (Autumn 2023, Winter 2023, Spring 2024, Summer 2024).

I guess since it offends you so much I shouldn't upload them here?

ArhraCole

Apr 24, 2020
There are 4 more planned updates, coinciding with the 4 next Steam events (Autumn 2023, Winter 2023, Spring 2024, Summer 2024).

I guess since it offends you so much I shouldn't upload them here?
That's pretty cool that you've got them scheduled to go with the steam events. I don't think a lot of games do that.

Reactions: Soulafein

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
That's pretty cool that you've got them scheduled to go with the steam events. I don't think a lot of games do that.
It's how we pay salaries, the bulk of our income is from steam. The flexible team is 15 people now, and they all have unreasonable expectations like being paid every month. Having an update to go with a steam sale raises visibility, and makes an already shipped game feel loved and still alive.

xeroph

Jan 24, 2018
This may come off as a dumb question, But if you've already got a key for PL2 would I still be able to play the upcoming updates for it or is that something you'd need a seperate key for?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
This may come off as a dumb question, But if you've already got a key for PL2 would I still be able to play the upcoming updates for it or is that something you'd need a seperate key for?
For Steam, all updates are available on the beta branch (it's how we test internally). So anyone who got it on Steam (or got a Key from Patreon/Subscribestar) always gets latest update for the game as long as we put out new content. Once it's stable we shift it to the default branch (anyone with a key can opt into the beta branch, it's not some kind of tiered access).

If you've gotten a Steam Key for PL2 (went out last month), you'll be seeing an update in a week or two. We're hoping to have a rough version out on Thursday, then spend the next couple of days fixing bugs before we move the update to the default branch. Same deal with Sinners Landing, though we still have a lot of work to do on systems (next up; the dungeon system), so progress is a little slower than Paradise Lust 2.

Reactions: haooni

nazim10

Aug 17, 2017
Quick question: does deleting the older day<number>.sav files causes errors? Like, if I'm on day 24, does deleting day2 to day23 do any harm?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Quick question: does deleting the older day<number>.sav files causes errors? Like, if I'm on day 24, does deleting day2 to day23 do any harm?
Nope, none. Delete away.

They're a vestigal tail from Love of Magic (the source code for Paradise Lust was originally forked from there), where being able to return to a day was useful (since a lot of stuff happened according to the calendar).

In Paradise Lust I considered removing them altogether, but I found them useful for the occasional guy who managed to completely break his save, since it provided a hidden 'auto save' that saves every morning for him.

xeroph

Jan 24, 2018
For Steam, all updates are available on the beta branch (it's how we test internally). So anyone who got it on Steam (or got a Key from Patreon/Subscribestar) always gets latest update for the game as long as we put out new content. Once it's stable we shift it to the default branch (anyone with a key can opt into the beta branch, it's not some kind of tiered access).

If you've gotten a Steam Key for PL2 (went out last month), you'll be seeing an update in a week or two. We're hoping to have a rough version out on Thursday, then spend the next couple of days fixing bugs before we move the update to the default branch. Same deal with Sinners Landing, though we still have a lot of work to do on systems (next up; the dungeon system), so progress is a little slower than Paradise Lust 2.
Oh wow sweet as!, what can we expect in the upcoming update for PL2?, perhaps sex scene?

4.10 star(s) 113 Votes