lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017

Nijah Teaser!

Hey guys, we're still well underway with working on the new stuff for the next major update. We have a lot of cool stuff to show you guys soon, but I thought I'd just let you guys know about some of the work we've been doing in the meanwhile as usual.
We've been testing and implenting the Gallery in game, we know it's something that's been heavily requested for a while, and we've also got a pretty cool in-house reason to explain how and why the gallery exists in a really immersive way.

Art for the next script is still being produced, new enemies, locations, sex scenes and more are being worked on right now, as well as even more technical improvements to the game. Character reworks are still WIP at the moment, but we're hoping to tackle Kiara after Nijah shortly.

We're working hard and we HOPE this will be some of our best work yet soon, still a lot to be done however but we'll try keep you guys in the loop as best as we can!

If you guys have any questions, feel free to drop a message here or over on the discord!

Thank you guys for all your support,
without any of you, none of this would be possible!

-The Damned Studios Team

...Oh yeah, Nijah's looking a little different than you remember, I think she's had a haircut or something.
1653314552579.png
Psss, uncensored stuff gets posted for patrons on the discord - shhh!

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
Need some tips to know if I've completed all current content:

-Blacksmiths daughter (forgot name) is there anything more than her acting as if we've personally deeply offended her in the past?

-Adara: I've seen up to boob job is there anything more with her?

Shani: I assume is the prostitute whom you use coin for ? ( I haven't made enough yet to use her services) what about the one from when you went with Markus to the pleasure district before leaving to scout training? (Don't think her name was shani...? Z something? Do we see any more of her this version?)

Ves: I'm to the point where she mentions something about medicine, mc mentions mage district but nothing there is clickable for me? Where to get it?

And the mom, also forgot her name atm, I've seen up to the point mc peeks on her riding the dildo & calling his name anything further with her this version ?

And I haven't even found the library yet... xD
I still have questions but now a few less, if anyone could help point me in the right direction....

First, is everything linear? (Do I have to progress a certain character to a specific point before other characters' can be progressed?)

Regarding Ves, changelog states there's much more content with her than I've unlocked, I need medicine for her but can't find it, nothing is clickable in the market district besides adventures guild & the tavern. In the mage area there is nothing to click on, help?

Also I've noticed once I've run out of potions hunting becomes not hard but a little more tricky, 1-2 fights per day then I have to go sleep to recover, no potions are purchasable yet?

Playing the Android build if that makes any difference.

P.S.
typically I dislike combat done in these games, it's usually buggy and/or hard to get to the buttons on Android builds but you've done exceptionally well imho, Kudos !!

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I still have questions but now a few less, if anyone could help point me in the right direction....

Regarding Ves, changelog states there's much more content with her than I've unlocked, I need medicine for her but can't find it, nothing is clickable in the market district besides adventures guild & the tavern. In the mage area there is nothing to click on, help?
Check the Mages Tower of Palam.

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
Check the Mages Tower of Palam.
Where is Palam?
Is it in the mage's district ? Outside of town?
Screenshot_20220523-163126_Parasite Black.jpg
Believe me I've been trying to progress on my own, I've explored every area within town and all I see out of town is Ves's camp or 'hunt' is there another way out of town other than the military district?

Any help is appreciated

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Where is Palam?
Is it in the mage's district ? Outside of town?
View attachment 1827375
Believe me I've been trying to progress on my own, I've explored every area within town and all I see out of town is Ves's camp or 'hunt' is there another way out of town other than the military district?

Any help is appreciated
The small tower bottom right with the blue orb, if it's not enterable, check you're playing the most up to date version~

Reactions: SumTingWong0420

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
Thread Updated with new screenshots and tags. Enjoy! If there are ever any tags I miss feel free to tag/quote me and let me know.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017

PARASITE BLACK - TECH UPDATE V0.133

Hey guys, it's that time of month again where we post the latest work, the main content update is still heavily in the works, but we do have some cool stuff to show you guys.
While the changelog below will list the many improvements so far, you can now find an in-game gallery speaking to the Witch/Soothsayer in the Pleasure District AND Arlena's quest has been tweaked and reworked :)
As always, thank you guys for all your support, without you guys, we couldn't make this project a reality!
- The Damned Studios Team

Changelog:
Visuals:

- Artwork replaced with new & improved versions: princess cg, day/night tavern, prologue laboratory
- Tweaked NVL (bunch of text on screen, like when reading books), so that it's more beautiful.
- Fixed Vala bugging out duplicating herself

Mechanics:
- potions you can use in battle are now taken from your inventory. you can fill your belt slots yourself, or let the system autofill it.

Quests/Progression:
- as per feedback, fixed mismatched ves dialogue
- disabled (fixed) sleeping during prologue
- high fashion quest now properly triggers on entering the shop for the first time
- added lewds gallery: you can find it around novaras pleasure district
- changed hunt bronze reward to lighten the grind
- reworked arlena questline: arlena's content was most likely not seen by most of the players due to tricky triggers it had set up & it being untracked. it is split into two complete quests and a repeatable romance stage after you beat those.
- added arlena as an interactable character after her introductory quest is complete
- as part of the above, some writing & narrative was added/changed
- cleaned up redundant notes and added a couple more to the journal

Interface:
- implemented new mouse tooltip instead of an obsolete one we've used
- as per feedback, added dialogue history screen, top-right textbubble-like button
- sound values now display in options screen
- added new tooltip to the battle, showing skill descriptions
- "censore violence" option moved to options menu as a toggle
- fixed main character's house interactables positions
- during reworked arlena qustline, you will sometimes see icons representing permanent outcome. these are meant to warn player to think twice, and should be visually self-explanatory. if this idea takes root, we'll have more of those placed around when appropriate.

Quality of life changes:
- Added party battle skill numbers, these indicate keys you can press to select a skill
- As per feedback, added an ability to cancel combat skill choice. after choosing a skill, press either esc or right mouse button to cancel skill selection
- Added cheat menu player can toggle on/off in options. a top-right flower-like icon, it allows you to add gold & change corruption levels. in battle, open it to access a "win battle" option. not recommended if it's your first time playing.

Under-the-hood changes:
- Baked kiara prologue scene into a webm: game folder size reduced by 15%, lag it caused is gone
- Tons of background & cg images converted to .webp, cutting game folder size further by ~%20, with this and above, file size optimization is now pretty much complete
- Codebase optimizations

Other:
- Novaras smithy got an ambient SFX loop

Links: MEGA PC:
MEGA MAC:
MEGA ANDROID:
GDRIVE PC:
GDRIVE MAC:
GDRIVE ANDROID:

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
This game's development seems to progress a bit slowly.
The next main content update coming is our steam release.
So we're juggling a lot of focus between adding mechanics, polishing/re-working current content while trying to add new stuff.

Once that update's out the way, (and we hopefully have more budget), we'll be able to move forward much quicker.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Could someone please link the ipatch in a message here or something. My viri goes ape and block the download from anonfile.

paust.alex

Apr 15, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/000_earlyInit/tooltip2.rpy", line 3: expected a keyword argument, colon, or end of line.
    fixed (0,0,50,0):
          ^

File "game/engine/sys_gui/game_main/inventory.rpy", line 11: u'dragManager' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the fixed statement.
    fixed dragManager:
                     ^

File "game/engine/sys_gui/game_main/inventory.rpy", line 66: u'invSlotData' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the fixed statement.
    fixed invSlotData:
                     ^

File "game/engine/sys_gui/game_main/inventory_drag_n_drop.rpy", line 76: u'gui_scale_item' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the fixed statement.
    fixed gui_scale_item slotData:
                        ^

File "game/engine/sys_gui/menu_screens.rpy", line 59: u'slow_effect' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the text statement.
    text what id "what" slow_effect slow_effect slow_effect_delay slow_effect_delay always_effect always_effect
                                   ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Tue May 31 21:27:27 2022

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/000_earlyInit/tooltip2.rpy", line 3: expected a keyword argument, colon, or end of line.
    fixed (0,0,50,0):
          ^

File "game/engine/sys_gui/game_main/inventory.rpy", line 11: u'dragManager' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the fixed statement.
    fixed dragManager:
                     ^

File "game/engine/sys_gui/game_main/inventory.rpy", line 66: u'invSlotData' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the fixed statement.
    fixed invSlotData:
                     ^

File "game/engine/sys_gui/game_main/inventory_drag_n_drop.rpy", line 76: u'gui_scale_item' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the fixed statement.
    fixed gui_scale_item slotData:
                        ^

File "game/engine/sys_gui/menu_screens.rpy", line 59: u'slow_effect' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the text statement.
    text what id "what" slow_effect slow_effect slow_effect_delay slow_effect_delay always_effect always_effect
                                   ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Tue May 31 21:27:27 2022
What system? Ignorable errors?

Naphala

Feb 28, 2017
Patches: *

Malwarebytes block download as trojan - tested on two PC and one laptop
-Website Data-
Category: Trojan
Domain: cdn-127.*************
IP Address: 45.154.253.56