Gear Is Solid

Jan 24, 2022
With all the talk of modding in this thread I'm surprised nobody has mentioned . There's a few steps you need to perform to stop it from throwing an error, but it's a fairly painless process.

With the v1.03 archive in the OP, the parasite_in_city.exe file actually contains it's own data.win file, alongside a smaller exe. In my testing, changes to the data.win in the root of the archive aren't being applied when running the exe, so the first step is to use an archive tool like 7zip to extract the contents of the exe.

Next, using a hex editor on the extracted data.win, you need to change the byte at offset 0x2E2CA0 to a value of 0 (or use this xdelta file; see below) and save the file.

Now UMT should be able to open the data.win without any initial hiccups. That being said, UMT does have issues with some games (particularly those made in newer versions of gamemaker) that can be pretty devastating, like not being able to convert bytecode into GML. I spent the day playing around just to see what issues I would run into and have yet to hit any, but I haven't tried replacing any textures, so my testing is hardly comprehensive. Structs seem to be bugged, which is quite annoying, but not detrimental.

You can see the results of my playing around by applying this xdelta file to your data.win (the one extracted from the exe) with the program Delta Patcher ( - ) I just added some sounds to the beginning cutscene, some ambient water drops to stage 1, and removed the cooldown on shooting the gun (though the way I did it removes your ability to kick with Z everywhere but the last room of stage 1).
I also tried using this tool but then I gave up after getting errors multiple times.
Now that you seem to have solved it I’ll try using it again but I feel like I’m too used to the old way so it’ll depend on how easy it’ll be to mod the game with this tool.
Anyway thanks for the info !

jerglekakan

Sep 21, 2019
Come to think of it, there's probably no point is using xdeltas. My guess is that most GM modding communities use them to give hosting sites plausible deniability regarding piracy with a kind of "we're only publishing new stuff" mentality. Given the circumstances I'll just stick with posting the data.win.

I went back through the thread to find some sprites to add into the game and ended up using some partial nude sprites for the first zombie and the fly enemies. It's pretty jarring for the shirt to appear and disappear like it does, but with these changes I'm just trying to get a feel for the limitations of UMT, many more sprites will be needed if a full nude mod is to be made.

is the data.win with the sprite swap along with the changes I mentioned previously and the source files I used. Just remember that you may need to extract the contents of the big exe so you can use the little exe inside it in order to see the changes.

vardant

Sep 24, 2018
Finishing the game doesn't even unlock anything in the bonus menu. You have to get a game over with every enemy for their scene to show up. It was like a very simplified side scrolling resident evil on the easiest difficult where everything can be killed with just the knife.
I cant enter the first lvl1 or other door except the first room that MC woke up. Where is the key? help!

renan.bd

Apr 24, 2021
Come to think of it, there's probably no point is using xdeltas. My guess is that most GM modding communities use them to give hosting sites plausible deniability regarding piracy with a kind of "we're only publishing new stuff" mentality. Given the circumstances I'll just stick with posting the data.win.

I went back through the thread to find some sprites to add into the game and ended up using some partial nude sprites for the first zombie and the fly enemies. It's pretty jarring for the shirt to appear and disappear like it does, but with these changes I'm just trying to get a feel for the limitations of UMT, many more sprites will be needed if a full nude mod is to be made.

Here is the data.win with the sprite swap along with the changes I mentioned previously and the source files I used. Just remember that you may need to extract the contents of the big exe so you can use the little exe inside it in order to see the changes.
how is this placed in the game?

Reactions: Unraveledport

jerglekakan

Sep 21, 2019
how is this placed in the game?
  1. Download the game from OP on page 1 and extract contents
  2. In the game folder, open "parasite_in_city.exe" with an archive tool and extract the contents to a new folder (7zip gave me a checksum warning, so you may also see one. You can ignore it)
  3. Move "parasite_in_city.exe" from that new folder into the game folder
  4. (optional) Rename the file "data.win" in the game folder if you would prefer not overwriting it
  5. Download the zip file from my post and extract the contents
  6. Move the "data.win" file that's in there to the game folder

Apr 28, 2020
  1. Download the game from OP on page 1 and extract contents
  2. In the game folder, open "parasite_in_city.exe" with an archive tool and extract the contents to a new folder (7zip gave me a checksum warning, so you may also see one. You can ignore it)
  3. Move "parasite_in_city.exe" from that new folder into the game folder
  4. (optional) Rename the file "data.win" in the game folder if you would prefer not overwriting it
  5. Download the zip file from my post and extract the contents
  6. Move the "data.win" file that's in there to the game folder
How do I apply files to the game?

Oct 27, 2020
what did he died?
My good sir I will told you this once I am just a stranger so do not heed my words all... In Korea the sex thing is kind of Sensitive that is why in Korea doujin it's full of censored but leave that fact behind the thing is he talking about suicide once on his blog before he gone quit that time he was working Parasite in the city 2 Yes indeed the hope the pic of girl holding shout gun and running was the proof he planed to created parasite in the city 2 ...how ever like I said in his blog he stared type weirdly and it's more like Wreaking and look like he got a problem about his life too It's been a long time but look like he open to recived donation at some point too do not believe about the donation part much it's been a long time since that blog active He is korea that reply with Eng so the words he type sometime is like from google translate but trust me sir when someone talking He also was active in Ulmf so I could get some text that he speak about Suicide sir like it's nothing and look normal fit inside the text...you know when shit is real sir View attachment 2781378 (Also when I said his blog i menat his blog It's not the Ulmf one but his true blog now it's can't get in buti f I do have old pic of it maybe I could sent to sometime 1689711695520.png

Feb 3, 2023
My good sir I will told you this once I am just a stranger so do not heed my words all... In Korea the sex thing is kind of Sensitive that is why in Korea doujin it's full of censored but leave that fact behind the thing is he talking about suicide once on his blog before he gone quit that time he was working Parasite in the city 2 Yes indeed the hope the pic of girl holding shout gun and running was the proof he planed to created parasite in the city 2 ...how ever like I said in his blog he stared type weirdly and it's more like Wreaking and look like he got a problem about his life too It's been a long time but look like he open to recived donation at some point too do not believe about the donation part much it's been a long time since that blog active He is korea that reply with Eng so the words he type sometime is like from google translate but trust me sir when someone talking He also was active in Ulmf so I could get some text that he speak about Suicide sir like it's nothing and look normal fit inside the text...you know when shit is real sir View attachment 2781378 (Also when I said his blog i menat his blog It's not the Ulmf one but his true blog now it's can't get in buti f I do have old pic of it maybe I could sent to sometime View attachment 2781389
I hope everything is okay for the poor guy :cry:

RDAS

Dec 13, 2020
My good sir I will told you this once I am just a stranger so do not heed my words all... In Korea the sex thing is kind of Sensitive that is why in Korea doujin it's full of censored but leave that fact behind the thing is he talking about suicide once on his blog before he gone quit that time he was working Parasite in the city 2 Yes indeed the hope the pic of girl holding shout gun and running was the proof he planed to created parasite in the city 2 ...how ever like I said in his blog he stared type weirdly and it's more like Wreaking and look like he got a problem about his life too It's been a long time but look like he open to recived donation at some point too do not believe about the donation part much it's been a long time since that blog active He is korea that reply with Eng so the words he type sometime is like from google translate but trust me sir when someone talking He also was active in Ulmf so I could get some text that he speak about Suicide sir like it's nothing and look normal fit inside the text...you know when shit is real sir View attachment 2781378 (Also when I said his blog i menat his blog It's not the Ulmf one but his true blog now it's can't get in buti f I do have old pic of it maybe I could sent to sometime View attachment 2781389
omg dam i didnt knew thx for telling me about this dam bro im honestlly out of words so i hope he ended up doing allright

Kantoraketti

Mar 10, 2019
he still alive heck he even comeback online to sued some game because the similarity of Parasite in City a couple years ago

4.40 star(s) 31 Votes