Dec 14, 2021
Hi ! I have this issue when i'm trying to play. I don't know what to do ^^'
What was the last thing you did in the story before the error?
Edit: also, what version of that game do you have and what operating system are you playing on?

Last edited:
Reactions: Az Tecq

Az Tecq

Aug 29, 2022
This is the first time i launched the game. It's in 0.40 and i'm on Microsoft 10 (pardon my english)

Dec 14, 2021
I am not able to replicate the problem. I am also on windows 10 and playing the Remi story 4.0.

The issue has to do with it no liking the calling balloon command, this could be because it's typed wrong or because the baloon doesn't have the icon it is requesting. I have copied my files and put them in a .rar for you. let me know if this fixes the issue.

To install unzip and replace the folders

Dec 14, 2021
This is the first time i launched the game. It's in 0.40 and i'm on Microsoft 10 (pardon my english)
I am not able to replicate the problem. I am also on windows 10 and playing the Remi story 4.0.

The issue has to do with it no liking the calling balloon command, this could be because it's typed wrong or because the baloon doesn't have the icon it is requesting. I have copied my files and put them in a .rar for you. let me know if this fixes the issue.

To install unzip and replace the folders
Mega

Did those files fix your problem?

Az Tecq

Aug 29, 2022
Update, my game works half the time ^^' same error if i restart a save and when i launch the game after the crash, i have this :

Dec 14, 2021
Update, my game works half the time ^^' same error if i restart a save and when i launch the game after the crash, i have this :
This error looks like your computer doesn't like where the game is at.

This may sound strange but try moving the game's entire folder somewhere else like your desktop or documents folder.
I know people have had problems with RPGmaker games not playing from the root of drives or from "programs" folders.

It may work better from desktop or documents. Let me know.

Edit: I did a google search on this new error and found these:

1) "EPERM comes from you not having sufficient privileges to write. That can happen for example if your project is inside of the Program files folder, you need admin privileges to save games (from Win 7 onward every app is launched as User unless it explicitly requires admin access, it's a security measure against nasty malware). Try to copy the project somewhere else.

Another possibility could be that your PC got crazy and needs a reboot, it has happened to me a couple of times that I did not have the privileges to launch or save anything... Hell, I didn't even have the privileges to turn off the computer!"

2) "Something may have messed up your windows rights. Either you installed an access restriction program and forgot about it, or a malware messed up your user rights, or your user with the name starw had been damaged in the past or something like that. Until you find the culprit for that problem (has nothing to do with the RMs)"

Hope this helps! Let me know the results.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021
Was 0.16 supposed to come out yesterday
You are kinda right, the update foe the prequel game was supposed to come out yesterday not the update for the main game (main game delayed until prequel is finished as far as I know).

Last I heard he's having some delays because the new CGs are often taking more time to render than he was expecting, this is because he's doing what he can to improve the quality from before by adding better lighting and other effects (also crowd scenes).

Az Tecq

Aug 29, 2022

This may sound strange but try moving the game's entire folder somewhere else like your desktop or documents folder.
I know people have had problems with RPGmaker games not playing from the root of drives or from "programs" folders.

1) "EPERM comes from you not having sufficient privileges to write. That can happen for example if your project is inside of the Program files folder, you need admin privileges to save games (from Win 7 onward every app is launched as User unless it explicitly requires admin access, it's a security measure against nasty malware). Try to copy the project somewhere else.

Another possibility could be that your PC got crazy and needs a reboot, it has happened to me a couple of times that I did not have the privileges to launch or save anything... Hell, I didn't even have the privileges to turn off the computer!"

2) "Something may have messed up your windows rights. Either you installed an access restriction program and forgot about it, or a malware messed up your user rights, or your user with the name starw had been damaged in the past or something like that. Until you find the culprit for that problem (has nothing to do with the RMs)"

Thx ! I'll try all those things when i have time ^^ ty for your answer/research

Az Tecq

Aug 29, 2022

Update : problem fixed ! There was a problem with the folder where my game was. All good now thank you m8 !

Reactions: Emerald_Fatalis

max_002

Mar 30, 2019
the game was very spoiled. when you lose the battle, a sign comes out: GAME OVER and you have to load from the save every time, and not enjoy the continuation of the game, even if you lose the battle. as events approach this, this sign immediately pops up. like a red light of a traffic light ....

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes