Feb 12, 2021
With the new screen/window scale the labyrinths are not as bad, and I'm adding an item that will temporarily stop random encounters (sold at pawn shop).

The economy has been changed, so shops can be used more without saving everything you've earned for just new gear.

I won't be adding a mini-map at this time (possibly in the future?) but the quest log will have descriptions to help you find your next goal (hopefully this will help along with the map being a little smaller as well).

Enemy stats and drops have been adjusted well as adding effects to things like guarding to help make combat more strategic and not so much brute force (though you still can if you want).

STATUS UPDATE: Sorry didn't get much done today, we had a dust storm today that really messed up my allergies, going to bed early (drowsy from medicine).
admittedly i'm not going to read thru the most recent 4-5 pages of posts...but pretty sure what we're all looking for is new GAME CONTENT, not just map updates :cry: so just put us out of our misery, if this is indeed abandoned, instead of all of us clinging to hope of getting that phone call from the ex-gf...or else a realistic ETA

Salminar

Aug 26, 2018
admittedly i'm not going to read thru the most recent 4-5 pages of posts...but pretty sure what we're all looking for is new GAME CONTENT, not just map updates :cry: so just put us out of our misery, if this is indeed abandoned, instead of all of us clinging to hope of getting that phone call from the ex-gf...or else a realistic ETA
Personally having a game remade clean with arts redone, maps redone and a better base for an upcoming content would be already good.
I don't want to be offending, but i'm starting to be lazy about people that constantly ask for new content on games/mods that have many issues. I understand, yes i want new content to, but you should be a bit more open, when the devs are actually aware about an issue and decide to solve it, it takes time, it's the concept, but then the game will be hopefully better be it for next updates or even to maintain it and avoid having it abandoned.

Again i don't want to blame you or be offending, but you need to understand something, for my person experience i have a mod on M&B2 and added many content on it until i reached an issue and many people complaining about the issue. I was stuck with people almost harassing me to solve the issue and another part "We don't care add more content" and what was i supposed to do? Both require time and you can't just do all at once. So i decided to solve the issue and delay the next content added, cause it was to my point of view the thing to do.

Why am i saying this? Because those requesting content couldn't wait apparently for me to add the content i said i would add and went to harass another modder to include the content i was going to release a bit later in his mod that was completely unrelated. Consequence? Now we have two mods completely incompatible for no reason except people being impatient and pressuring modders to do things they don't want and if one say "no" they reach for another until they finally get one that will do their request. Not only it doesn't help, cause they do something they haven't thought clearly about, haven't taken the time to do the work needed before jumping into coding but also makes then conflicts between people there shouldn't be at all.

TLDR: I understand you want more content, but at this point someone is redoing the game because there are many issues, because the main author have been away for health reasons and you are pressuring them for more content while they are already struggling to catch with what was previously done. Do you think it's the thing to do?

Reactions: Emerald_Fatalis
Dec 14, 2021
@fuckmymamarunnin & Salminar: Sorry for wall of text in advance (scroll to end if don't want to read).

Both of you are in the right to ask for what you want. I appreciate you
Salminar for the defense and you are correct about trying to fix problems that have existed since the beginning of the game's development. fuckmymamarunnin is also correct that new content for this game is long overdue. Below I will summarize what has happened and what's going to happen next with this game.

I found this game when it was in 0.14, at that time the game's story ended at the hospital and the corrupted paths were limited to just the church event and club (hospital ended with Farah infecting Serra). The English in the game was understandable but had issues with the using the correct words for things (you could tell it was not his first language). Lastly the game was extremally basic, combat consisted random encounters with enemies that are either just using the basic attack or spamming seduce on you till you die and there were no animations, sound effects or music other than the ones in combat.

Saefix knew of these problems but didn't have the time or resources to address most of them, he only worked on the game 1-2 hours a night if lucky. Since then he has managed to get better English translations.

I joined Saefix's Patreon so that I could more easily contact him. I began relaying Issues I found and even common problems that people on this board had posted. We had some disagreements as well as things that he fully did agree with me on. I'm not sure but I felt that my conversations with Saefix helped inspire him to work on the game more.

After the last story update Saefix ran into writer's block, he then decided to make a prequell game about Serra's sister Remi (this may be due to all my questions about her) in hopes that when he finished it that his writer's block for the main game would be over.

In a pleasant but unexpected turn Saefix decided to move the game to the newer RPG Maker MZ and remake the game with higher quality CGs and tiles for the maps. In order to help learn the new system he started making his prequel game in the new MZ. Unfortunately Saefix got sick (I didn't know how bad till later). and all work on both games came to a screeching halt.

I stayed in contact with Saefix as best as I could but he literally dropped of the Internet for a few months. When he finally came back online (last December) I found out that he had jaundice and the doctors were able to treat it but didn't know yet if they could cure it (I still don't know if they can or did).

I offered to help Saefix by taking the CGs and story he has finished but not implemented and add them into the game, he agreed. I began adding the new content and then my family and I got into a car accident (end of last February), this has caused me massive delays in everything I had planned. I am almost over all of events and processes and will be fully back on track in about a month or end of this month.

Seafix seems to still be back and working on CGs for the game but I have not reached out to him because I want what he game me to be fully ready first.

CURRENTLY: The changes and fixes I have made and am making are to fix issues that have been present since the beginning AKA to make a better game. I understand that some people just want to get the story and don't care much about the gameplay but this IS A GAME, so fixes do need to be made.

@fuckmymamarunnin I am sorry to say but the current story additions are for the prequel game NOT the Main game. Both games are being merged into a single game with the prequel being password protected (Patreon members will get the PW).
I know this is not what you want to hear but it's the truth.

Saefix may have new CGs that pertain to the main game's story but again I am not sure since I haven't reached out, again all I know is that he has made more CGs.

UPDATE EDIT: Almost done with Chinese Restaurant maps (yes plural) will post pics tomorrow.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021
Okay, I've finished the Chinese Restaurant map (pics below)
I did what I could to match the CGs as best as possible... hope you like it, I'll be doing the same treatment to several other maps (list stated in a previous post).

Original from 0.14 and older:
Chinese Restaurant - Original.png

Remade map before version:
Chinese Restaurant - Before.png

What I've done to make it match the CGs more:
Chinese Restaurant - After.png

Chinese Restaurant - Corrupted.png

Last edited:

Luminarcs

Jan 18, 2022
Thanks, I'm glad you all like the change :LOL:

I was about to start in on the next map when I decided to mod the tentacle sprites and make a couple customs that better match the CGs. What do you think?
View attachment 2597219

liked that the game now matched the CGs that the game has when I first play trought it I was like wtf the map doesn't look like what is shown in the CGs I'm glad that you changed it to the best you can acordingly with the CGs keep up the good work can't wait for the game update and play test it!

Wish you good luck on yours and Saefix/Seafix (hope I spell his name correctly) future endeavour!

• Red Heart
Dec 14, 2021
P.o.E. Daily Update: Should I move these daily updates to my Patreon page (publicly viewable) so that I don't spam this board?
Anyway, I started work on the "burger joint" and "night club" map remakes, but I am taking a break for the rest of the night and some of tomorrow to go to my local Games Workshop and meet with some Warhammer 40k players. I want to show off my recent models (finishing paint on one tonight), get some painting tips and socialize a bit. I'll be back to maps tomorrow night.

Luminarcs

Jan 18, 2022
P.o.E. Daily Update: Should I move these daily updates to my Patreon page (publicly viewable) so that I don't spam this board?
Anyway, I started work on the "burger joint" and "night club" map remakes, but I am taking a break for the rest of the night and some of tomorrow to go to my local Games Workshop and meet with some Warhammer 40k players. I want to show off my recent models (finishing paint on one tonight), get some painting tips and socialize a bit. I'll be back to maps tomorrow night.
yeah would liked you to post update on your Patreon so that it not pspam with update tho I can't wait to see more update again Keep up the good work!

Dec 14, 2021
yeah would liked you to post update on your Patreon so that it not pspam with update tho I can't wait to see more update again Keep up the good work!
Thank you, I'll post the updates in Patreon from here, at least until it's done. When it's done and back in Saefix's hands I'll post here and on Patreon so that everyone will know.

Reactions: Luminarcs

Luminarcs

Jan 18, 2022
Thank you, I'll post the updates in Patreon from here, at least until it's done. When it's done and back in Saefix's hands I'll post here and on Patreon so that everyone will know.
The Test poll can't be voted (for me for some weird reason) I'll put my sugestions here I dislike the random tile enemy encounter and prefer the enemy on the map chase you in order to to fight them if possible it would be nice if the CGI can match the enemy sprite if not just the generic shadow chasing you is fine either way...

futa4l1fe

Oct 3, 2020
Where can i see the new updates of this game? I thought one of the developers was writing here in this thread about the progress of the game

Dec 14, 2021
Where can i see the new updates of this game? I thought one of the developers was writing here in this thread about the progress of the game
I have been making the updates for this game public on my Patreon page (no membership required to view):
There are also public polls (may need a patreon account to vote), your opinions have been very helpful with making some of theses decisions, thank you.

Once given back to Saefix to publish, I'll also post here to let everyone know.

Edit: Grammar lol

Last edited:
2.80 star(s) 10 Votes