Feb 12, 2021
Update: I got very delayed due to a car accident (got rear ended on the freeway), I am fine now. I should be able to get the new version to Saefix by the 11th or 12th.
Hang in there everyone.
Sorry guys, I ran into a programming issue and it took some time to solve. I am hoping I'll finish and get to Saefix by tomorrow night.
most important thing is dev is ok; with that being said, it has been a week since expected release...so any update info would be appreciated, thx

Reactions: Wcscaz
Dec 14, 2021
most important thing is dev is ok; with that being said, it has been a week since expected release...so any update info would be appreciated, thx

Everyone, I am sorry this delay is entirely on my end at the moment, not Saefix's.
Issues that have arisen after the car accident have been taking priority and are leaving me very drained by the end of the day, so I have not had the energy to finish the part of the game yet. I have only been able to work on just a little bit each week. I have however managed to get past all of the programming issues I had for the system changes/enhancements but it is taking time with the animations and new maps.

the game is not dead, it is still in the works but it is very slowed down. sorry again.

Luminarcs

Jan 18, 2022
Emerald_Fatalis be making their own game and Seafix's game? damn hope the guys is okay right now do miss the game having update thus far the current we can play version 0.15 after the replay the story has potential but as I said it's lacking of an update but other than that keep up the good work! (don't overwork yourself of course.)

also Wcscaz I can understand why it's a dead game but we can't give up yet... must have hope..

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Emerald_Fatalis
Dec 14, 2021
Okay everyone, These delays are crap and I'm sorry.

I want to make these delays as worth it as possible. I have purchase several assets from kokororeflections.com (originally for my games) and I have decided to use them for Parasites of Evil's remake that I am working on. I want this to not only feel like a new more complete game but also look the part.

I will be looking to get my car fixed (again) this weekend. and I then intend to work most of next week on this game to get it done! I will be posting maps screens as I get them done (not posting all maps just the most changed) feel free to comment with criticisms and ideas when you see them, if I like it then I'll make the change to the map.

EDITED TO PREVENT DOUBLE POSTING!: April/24/2023 (evening) just finished sorting the KR tilesets, going to get something to eat then start in on the first map. :D

EDIT 2: April/25/23 (mid day) - Setting up/customizing the tile sheets in order to squeeze more detail on each map is taking longer than anticipated. just finished the floor sheet for indoors maps, gonna grab lunch then start on walls sheet.

Edit 3: April/26/23 (Night) - Almost done with walls and ceiling tile sheets. Sorry this is taking so Long but I hope the final results will be worth it. What I am doing is making the new maps match the CG images as closely as possible, the same way that Saefix remade the chinese restaurant (those who played the originals will remember the difference). I am doing this my using the assets I have and recoloring or tweaking many of them to best match the CGs, some maps will have the same layout but others will be reshaped entirely (Hospital).

Edit 4: April/27/23 (Night) - Finished the wall/ceiling tile sheets, starting on the various item sheets (these sheets may take the longest of the tile sheets :confused:).

Last edited:

Salminar

Aug 26, 2018
I'm interested in the remake and hope you will size down a bit some maps, it was truly a pain to navigate. (And we will see a lot more the evil blond!! And potential bad ends where she is involved.)

Dec 14, 2021
I'm interested in the remake and hope you will size down a bit some maps, it was truly a pain to navigate. (And we will see a lot more the evil blond!! And potential bad ends where she is involved.)
I'm nearly ready to start actually making the maps. What maps are you wanting smaller? (just curious so I can try to work on them). Saefix has already made the main city map smaller going from 160w x 110h to 119w x 95h (see MEGA links, pics too large to attach), do you want it even smaller? I'm not sure how good it would be to shrink that map too much personally, due to how many used entrances it has.

Dec 14, 2021
I wonder how is Seafix hope the guy is good.
Taking a break today I'll continue tomorrow. Saefix seems fine or at least he's online and made some more CGs. I haven't messaged him to find out full health conditions (mostly due to me feeling guilty for delaying the game) I'll contact him when I'm done with the new maps.

Everyone, please list all the maps you don't like and why you don't like them, I'll try to make those changes/fixes when making new maps.

Luminarcs

Jan 18, 2022
Taking a break today I'll continue tomorrow. Saefix seems fine or at least he's online and made some more CGs. I haven't messaged him to find out full health conditions (mostly due to me feeling guilty for delaying the game) I'll contact him when I'm done with the new maps.

Everyone, please list all the maps you don't like and why you don't like them, I'll try to make those changes/fixes when making new maps.

Well I am happy at least he is well and healthy!

Dec 14, 2021
Current planned map changes:

Crono City: Changing some tiles to look/fit CG better.
Chinese Restaurant: Changing some tiles to look/fit CG better.
Serra's Apartment: Changing some tiles to look/fit CG better.
Burger joint: Changing some tiles to look/fit CG better.
School: Minor change to layout and changing some tiles to look/fit CG better.
Nightclub: Change to layout and changing some tiles to look/fit CG better.
Office: Change to layout and changing some tiles to look/fit CG better.
Hospital: Major change to layout and changing some tiles to look/fit CG better.
Uria Mansion (Yard): Minor change to layout and changing some tiles to look/fit CG better.
Uria Mansion (1st & 2nd floors):Minor change to layout and changing some tiles to look/fit CG better.

Salminar

Aug 26, 2018
Yes i was talking about the city map, way too big it took forever to navigate and sometime you were really lost in it, wandering with no goal to find the place you needed to go. It's only one city and it's as hard to navigate as most RPGs full map lol, it was really an issue.

The university underground was also a bit painful to my point of view, a labyrinth really big where you can't really see the path and know where you are going, without a minimap and with constant battles you often don't know where you are going and could get lost inside. The rest is fine.

Reactions: AggressiveFella
Dec 14, 2021
Yes i was talking about the city map, way too big it took forever to navigate and sometime you were really lost in it, wandering with no goal to find the place you needed to go. It's only one city and it's as hard to navigate as most RPGs full map lol, it was really an issue.

The university underground was also a bit painful to my point of view, a labyrinth really big where you can't really see the path and know where you are going, without a minimap and with constant battles you often don't know where you are going and could get lost inside. The rest is fine.

With the new screen/window scale the labyrinths are not as bad, and I'm adding an item that will temporarily stop random encounters (sold at pawn shop).

The economy has been changed, so shops can be used more without saving everything you've earned for just new gear.

I won't be adding a mini-map at this time (possibly in the future?) but the quest log will have descriptions to help you find your next goal (hopefully this will help along with the map being a little smaller as well).

Enemy stats and drops have been adjusted well as adding effects to things like guarding to help make combat more strategic and not so much brute force (though you still can if you want).

STATUS UPDATE: Sorry didn't get much done today, we had a dust storm today that really messed up my allergies, going to bed early (drowsy from medicine).

Reactions: AggressiveFella
2.80 star(s) 10 Votes