atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
even the good ones won't survive unless there's a way to fund the developers. this affects their livelihood since they've likely quit their full time jobs to work on these games.

we complain about "milking" of high Patreon income earners such as DS and even MrDots but when you don't know where your next paycheck will come from because the primary source is threatening to ban you, well I'd be a little scared too.

i'm hoping the dust settles over the next 1-2 months and we can see these developers crank out new games or continue updating the games that made them so popular in the last year.

Reactions: volto

Paprika

Aug 14, 2017
The demand for incest games is there and offer always meets demand.
We have a crisis because Patreon needs to be replaced, it's the weak link of the process; but when there's a need a replacement shall arise. Until now there has never been a need to replace Patreon, so nobody bothered.

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
The system was becoming broken anyway, it is too easy for creators to cheat patrons. Creators didn't keep their promises, or simply under-deliver. A lot of creators just went silent and disappeared. The best way will be for creators to post completed games \ creations and only charge for those... This way the milking phenomena will be diminished and only those who can see their goals to the very end will succeed.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
The system was becoming broken anyway, it is too easy for creators to cheat patrons. Creators didn't keep their promises, or simply under-deliver. A lot of creators just went silent and disappeared. The best way will be for creators to post completed games \ creations and only charge for those... This way the milking phenomena will be diminished and only those who can see their goals to the very end will succeed.
With the changes to some of these patron sites, the big bread winners that were making thousands upon thousands of dollars will of course take a big hit, but it doesn't really take that kind of income to make these things... A couple rigs and a few people can still pump these things out, if they take the time to do it... When you see some of these people making 8000, 11000, and 30000 dollars a month, that is already insane and way more then they should have been making anyway, especially at the slow speeds these things get released...

Overall, this will be a true test of developers devotion to their art... If they were doing it for the greed, then yes, you will most likely see those games end and/or the developers stop doing as much work over a given period of time and/or outright vanish... If they were doing it for the craft and the artistic expression, as their primary love, then most likely you'll see them stick around... Mostly because they were probably doing fine before the income started rolling in, because income wasn't their goal, just a side prize to support their love for the craft/art...

A true artist wouldn't give up, just because their cash flow dropped... Plus there are other ways to go about crowd funding, besides patron sites... With patron sites it is too easy to take advantage of the fans in the first place, milking them in some cases... Like the old saying, there is a sucker born every minute...

pot123

Aug 6, 2017
I honestly would rather have devs just make non incest games instead of fighting a lost battle with Patreon. The incest genre is already overdone at this point or at the very least getting close to overdone with all of these games following a similar formula with only different models and mechanics.

Reactions: 03abc and Zippity

Mark600601

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
To everyone freaking out about the Ada shit:
Took me a minute to find but Luxee made it clear on his discord that Ada is not being removed from the game. Ada will still be around as a character in the patreon version but not as a sexual character.
Any and all the sexual scenes involving Ada will be updated to lewd patcher by an "anonymous modder" at the time of release

DOA40

Jan 20, 2018
I'm going to be quite honest. The storyline in this game feels very....rushed. I mean, one second the MC is going from meeting his family again to BOOM, handjob from eldest daughter. There was no buildup to it in any shape or form.

I hate using Dating My Daughter as an example (as so many people do so), but there is a buildup in this game that will lead to an ultimate payout. You spend so much time doing all these different things in that game that when the daughter in it finally gives you a handjob, it's like a joyful "Finally". The same goes for when the MC finally returns the favor. Every little thing in it makes the buildup to each payoff feel great. The MC even struggles with the decisions on whether or not he's going to give into the temptation and do these naughty things with his daughter.

This, on the other hand, has none of that. The MC has hesitation for a brief instant, but just sort seems to go with the flow. And while that can be good for other games, it just doesn't feel like it should be in this one.

The character models are great and unique, as they don't look like the same as in the other games that are on here. I just feel that the storyline needs some tweaking and perhaps this could become a great game at some point.

JoeSmoeDoe

Sep 23, 2017
This, on the other hand, has none of that. The MC has hesitation for a brief instant, but just sort seems to go with the flow. And while that can be good for other games, it just doesn't feel like it should be in this one.
What's the point of incest if there's no taboo to overcome? 90% of these game developers completely miss what makes incest so erotic. Without inner conflict/guilt there's no difference between casual sex and incest.

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
To everyone freaking out about the Ada shit:
To be fair, his error was making her look deformed. the model is simply 'shrunk' compared to others in contrast to 'of lesser height'. her arms and legs are thinner, too. That ticked me off the first time i played the game. He could just fix that instead.

He could also just declare 'time has passed' and now she is 5 inches taller, still 2 inches smaller than her 'room-mate' and gained in weight.

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
What's the point of incest if there's no taboo to overcome? 90% of these game developers completely miss what makes incest so erotic. Without inner conflict/guilt there's no difference between casual sex and incest.
That's a good point, actually. The hottest thing about it is when the girl resolves the taboo by finally encouraging the MC's naughtiness.

DmD may be better, but I don't think PL is that bad in this regard. The MC does find it taboo, at least somewhat, but continues because the girls like it.

Reactions: fauxplayer
Sep 21, 2017
I kinda like the straightforwardness of just GETTING IT ON (like in Parental Love) rather than stretch it:FeelsGoodMan:...the dev could just introduce hurdles like maybe a childhood friend of D (whom she liked thousands of years ago) or even a former lover of Mom :eazyHype:...lotsa things to make other (just take some notes from spongebobs school of imagination) than cockblock your audience (which DMD is famous for :WutFace:) :tf:

uiop505

Oct 8, 2017
Normally, I don't really post on games releases on f95 but I just could resist for this game. This is a fucking masterpiece. Seriously, I easily name tons of reasons why. From the amazing comedy everywhere to how the language brings out awesome story plots, to that goddamn cliffhanger at the end and also how the scenes are created to maximize complementing the story line, it just felt much more real than a lot of other games. Well, this is my opinion anyways, this game kinda resonated with me. Just want to say thanks to the dev and I'm certainly looking forward to more updates. :eazyHype:
Hats off to you, creator.

paladin07

May 28, 2017
Is this game now abandoned?
no, we expect a release of .5 in the next two weeks or so. Luxy is very active on his Discord Channel and so there is a high level of confidence that work is still ongoing. Also he does his charges by the update and not by the month so he's under no pressure to put out a monthly update. All of his updates are very much worse there price. and his update seem to be getting bigger and bigger.

KeyvinCarter

Dec 11, 2017
no, we expect a release of .5 in the next two weeks or so. Luxy is very active on his Discord Channel and so there is a high level of confidence that work is still ongoing. Also he does his charges by the update and not by the month so he's under no pressure to put out a monthly update. All of his updates are very much worse there price. and his update seem to be getting bigger and bigger.
So the last version that he made is 0.4? Just making sure because the other guy said something about a version 0.5 .

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
the links for v0.5 will be provided once Luxee updates the game, which like paladin mentioned is still 2 weeks away (i’m estimating mid February which may still be conservative).

4.20 star(s) 217 Votes