a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Come on guys, this is not BB
We will just have to wait and see what happens.
He still have my support, and I will try out his new game to.
But if I dont like his new game, and he stops working on PL "parent love"
I will stop my plegde to. But lets be honest here, he has done a awesome game, awesome writing, awesome pictures.

And ofcoz I am super excited for the next PL update, and sad to see we must wait until he finish A69 :(
But at least the game will be free for patrons, getting 2 games for 1 price
(not confirmed, but I guess thats why it must be released at same time)
1 update and 1 new game in 6 months, it will take another 6 months to get update for both again.

Reactions: Kakato

Munkey

Donor
May 30, 2017
Over 2 months to get to "A69 - 14/29 TASKS DONE - VERSION 0.01".
Looks like another 2-4 months till we get an update or the new game, how many patreons have left him now.
His patron count was at around 870-ish a few weeks ago and is at 902 as of right now, so even if some people left, more have pledged.
I'm still 2$ poorer.
At least I am 10$ richer now and I know a lot of other who are richer now.
His Patreon is "charge per update" so I don't know what you're trying to say.

Luxee has averaged roughly 3 months between updates, for at least the the last 3 updates.
Last update (0.6) was May 11. So, realistically, even if the update does not release until September 11th, it will have only been one month longer than normal.

lynx33

Jun 7, 2017
My thing with this is that if @Luxee is targeted so hard by Patreon that he wants to move to something safer or cause it's not economically viable, he should say so, and many of us would get that. Just slowing down the development of a great and well loved game cause a new idea came by on the other hand is bad business. Finish what you started first and then move to the next one.

PL is likely to be your biggest earner unless you have a MrDots-level team around you or finish PL with a following that's strong and then deiver a very good follow up. This is bad for fans and is likely gonna be even worse for the dev.

lynx33

Jun 7, 2017
And I get it @Luxee. Sometimes when I write a song, I get inspired to write another one instead. Thankfully my medium works for that. But sometimes when I'm done writing an album and the songs are nailed down, I get another song idea. In that case I work it as far as inspiration guides me in terms of the idea stage, then leave it to the next album cycle. Like you, I ( or rather we) have long times of development cause we can't as of now do it full time, and the lack of top tier equipment is another time time consuming problem. So to me it's paramount to deliver our proudct to the few folks who care and to show that we consistently release stuff. Even if it's gonna be a slow consistent rate unless something incredible happens.

On the plus side, you seem to have an idea that inspires you for project two, before finishing the first one, thereby solving the main problem of any artist in the early stage of their career. And you're a much bigger deal in what you do than I am in my art. I just feel like you're making a really bad mistake here.

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
His patron count was at around 870-ish a few weeks ago and is at 902 as of right now, so even if some people left, more have pledged.

His Patreon is "charge per update" so I don't know what you're trying to say.

Luxee has averaged roughly 3 months between updates, for at least the the last 3 updates.
Last update (0.6) was May 11. So, realistically, even if the update does not release until September 11th, it will have only been one month longer than normal.
Basically this. Anyone who has supported Luxee or has been following this game for awhile, should know Luxee only charges per update and it has always taken him awhile to release the next update. The most important part is, when you go to his Patron Checkout to choose a tier, each tier literally says "amount" per major PL update. It you choose to support him it is very clear we're not being charged monthly for nothing. So it makes me wonder are these people who say they are supporting Luxee really supporting Luxee? That is a huge oversight.

Reactions: Munkey

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
I rarely post a comment in this thread, but I feel like the pledgers were taken hostage because of the A69 project. So, no PL 0.7 update until A69 is completed ? I'm starting to lose respect for this dev. First, pledgers (not me) must wait 2-3 months to get an update and secondly, wait another bunch of weeks till A69 is ready ? Where is the professionalism here?

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
What? No! Surely it's until A69 v0.1 is completed. Big difference there.
Hahaha. It's more or less the same, Pal. My english isn't perfect, but that's exactly what I wanted to say. He's planning to make two releases at the same time, then. Well, I don't know about the other pledgers, but If I were one, I'd rather give my money to ICSTOR or Dr. Sins. Don't want to be a dick, but I'm very objective here.

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
Hahaha. It's more or less the same, Pal. My english isn't perfect, but that's exactly what I wanted to say. He's planning to make two releases at the same time, then. Well, I don't know about the other pledgers, but If I were one, I'd rather give my money to ICSTOR or Dr. Sins. Don't want to be a dick, but I'm very objective here.
I don't know about others,i see that there is increase in patron numbers,but i'm switching to lower tier pledge for this next release. I'm looking forward to go back to 25$ tier but if the new project will cause hiatus in development of PL i'll pull out completely. Call me narrow-minded but i'm not willing to back projects with futas and traps ::|:

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
I don't know about others,i see that there is increase in patron numbers,but i'm switching to lower tier pledge for this next release. I'm looking forward to go back to 25$ tier but if the new project will cause hiatus in development of PL i'll pull out completely. Call me narrow-minded but i'm not willing to back projects with futas and traps ::|:
You're 100% right. The thing that pisses me off in this case is that PL 0.7 might be done already, but no release until A69 is done or nearly done... Come on, this is the perfect definition of being taken hostage.

Reactions: KEKBUR

Luxee

Deluded weirdo
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2017
What do you think I'm getting out of "holding 0.7 hostage"? I could release it right now and get the easy money.

0.7 is a shit update, it's too small, it's too shit. It doesn't focus on any characters people care about.
Because I only charge upon release, I needed to make up for the fact that 0.7 is so shit. I realize pirates probably don't give a fuck if the patrons are getting fucked over, but I'm sure you can still understand the reasoning. I've opted to release a69 0.01 alongside it. Now one may ask, why not release 0.8 alongside it instead? That was in fact the original plan, if you go through my twitter feed, you can see as much. However, this project was simply something I had a lot of passion for because the ideas for it had been swelling in my mind for a long time. I felt like if I made this one update of a69, I'd get my ideas out there and it would give me more motivation to go back to working on PL.

It's frustrating. I do not understand why this place has become so hostile because of this.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I rarely post a comment in this thread, but I feel like the pledgers were taken hostage because of the A69 project. So, no PL 0.7 update until A69 is completed ? I'm starting to lose respect for this dev. First, pledgers (not me) must wait 2-3 months to get an update and secondly, wait another bunch of weeks till A69 is ready ? Where is the professionalism here?
The professionalism is where his Patreon is set up to pledge per update, not per month.

Do you really expect an adult game developer doing his first game to work like a professional artist/software developer/project manager?

And don't you think "taken hostage" is a bit extreme?

a.i.w.a.

Jun 15, 2018
What do you think I'm getting out of "holding 0.7 hostage"? I could release it right now and get the easy money.

0.7 is a shit update, it's too small, it's too shit. It doesn't focus on any characters people care about.
Because I only charge upon release, I needed to make up for the fact that 0.7 is so shit. I realize pirates probably don't give a fuck if the patrons are getting fucked over, but I'm sure you can still understand the reasoning. I've opted to release a69 0.01 alongside it. Now one may ask, why not release 0.8 alongside it instead? That was in fact the original plan, if you go through my twitter feed, you can see as much. However, this project was simply something I had a lot of passion for because the ideas for it had been swelling in my mind for a long time. I felt like if I made this one update of a69, I'd get my ideas out there and it would give me more motivation to go back to working on PL.

It's frustrating. I do not understand why this place has become so hostile because of this.

I do not understand why you think PL is shit. Until now, history has developed beautifully. What is the crisis?

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
I understand the frustration felt with wanting PL to progress and hearing that the next meaningful update is going to be lucky to drop this calendar year. I feel that way myself, as I've no interest in the next game. Two things keep me from declaring jihad upon Luxee:
  • As mentioned a hundred times, he is charging by update. He also has communicated his release strategy multiple times over multiple platforms to both paying and non-paying PL players/backers. He's scamming no one. He is not lying to anyone or making up bullshit stories to string people along. Everything has been done above board and professionally, a rarity for this market segment.
  • Since following this scene, I've encountered devs who have made decisions that I have vehemently disagreed with. Sometimes, I've broadcast my disagreement. Other times, I've spoken with the dev about it. Most times, I just let it lie. Given hindsight, it often seems that last option should be the default, as I've learned you never know the whole story or motivation behind any particular decision. Most of us are clueless as to any dev's grand plan - his motivations or goals for his project and his brand.
tl;dr - give the guy a break. He hasn't fucked anyone over, so just let him do his thing. Luxee's always proven to produce content reliably, if slowly. He has earned his rep and the benefit of the doubt.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017

Pirate here to weigh in "arrr, Matey! Go for the booty so we can see some more booty!"

I have liked all versions up to 0.6 so far, so I don't think I'm going to dislike 0.7. I like how you charge based on each release instead of monthly. However you could charge the patreons for 0.7 release that now for pay... Then release 0.1 of a69 for free later on. Launching a game free makes the most sense because the most people see it that way and then it gathers most patreons for later. Also taking too long between updates upsets patreons and a lot quit then.

Also I demand more eye patches for the pirates, and maybe a peg leg or 2.

Reactions: Kakato

Neko-Hime

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
So the Emi Route is after 0.7 closed and goes not forward?
hmhm I like Harem Routes ^^ i cant reject any Girl exept the ugly old womans...
(im glad to see a69, nice Girls and hope for good stuff)

Dasati

May 30, 2017
So the Emi Route is after 0.7 closed and goes not forward?
hmhm I like Harem Routes ^^ i cant reject any Girl exept the ugly old womans...
(im glad to see a69, nice Girls and hope for good stuff)
As i understand, the Emily focused route ends in 0.7. She'll still be around for the harem route, its just her specific route will be closed.

Reactions: Neko-Hime
4.20 star(s) 219 Votes